PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Mod From Any Game

jamesthefishy
25th Jun 2008, 11:04
I always like asking this question, whats your favorite third party modifcation from any game.

Personally, mine is empires - half-life 2

Blade_hunter
25th Jun 2008, 19:10
Chaos UT, Unreal4ever for the weapon effects and craziness
Tactical OPS, Infiltration for UT for the realm even if the more realistic is Infiltration and TO is more arcade like the game CS
Deus Ex revision mod, because it will expand the original game, unfinished but good work !

Lo Bruto
25th Jun 2008, 19:41
I'd go with Shifter, for DX.
You know, when you finish a game like 7 times a mod that changes some of it's core gameplay and expand somethings (like giving an Assault Shotgun to Miguel during your escape from MJ12, instead of relying on his abilities with a knife) is a great thing.

Kneo24
25th Jun 2008, 22:43
Dystopia (http://www.dystopia-game.com) - Half Life 2.

Multiplayer only. Very much team oriented. One man teams are generally non-existent. The learning curve is a little high, and that's only because it takes time to adjust to how weapons and implants work with each other and how to effectively use them.

There's also the added element of Cyberspace, which I would recommend trying out offline in a practice server so you know how cyberspace works and can get a good feel for it. It also prevents you from pissing off other players in the heat of battle where you're **** blocking an objective because you have no idea on what to do.

Once you get past that initial element, which really doesn't take long if you give it a chance, it's a really fun and deep game.

AaronJ
26th Jun 2008, 02:19
HDTP, and its not even out yet.

DXeXodus
26th Jun 2008, 03:50
Steve Tack's Zodiac mod was great. A must play for any Deus Ex fan.
Also, Redsun 2020 is another excellent Deus Ex mod.

Other than that I am not a huge mod fan so I don't have any other mods on my list.

Maximus
26th Jun 2008, 04:32
Showing my age here, but Fantasy Quake for Quake 1. Loved the vibe and the way they changed the whole game around. Plus, nostalgia!