PDA

View Full Version : A Few Of My Favorite Errors:

g8kpr
25th Jun 2008, 04:37
I'm just wondering about some of your favorite bugs from both games.
Here are a few of mine

original:

The inventory trick: extremely useful to have some fun with the LAW ;)

The multitool/lockpick trick

The fact that you don't have to engage the generators to destroy area 51 you can just crouch and press the button.

You can survive any fall by engaging the spy drone before you hit the ground.

You can quicksave right before hitting a tripwire and you'll glitch through it without setting it off.

IW:

quick loading at the greasel pits- come on, you did it too!

the multitool trick- getting plenty of multitools from the order churches :)

gamer0004
25th Jun 2008, 15:21
What's the inventory trick?
And how about grenade jumping or glitching through windows with grenades (you an see them in the DX speedrun)?

Nathan2000
25th Jun 2008, 18:17
What's the inventory trick?
And how about grenade jumping or glitching through windows with grenades (you an see them in the DX speedrun)?

When have a full inventory, you drag a large weapon out of its window and close it. Then you can pick up additional items and when you summon the inventory again, they will appear under that first big weapon.

Other errors:
- when you are placed in MJ12 prison, all weapons are taken from you. But if you press F1 while the mission is loading, the inventory window will pop up right after the mission is started AND before you loose items. You can drop them and pick up again.

DXIW:
- in some places (like the Nassif greenhouse or Lower Seattle) you can get out of the map geometry. If you are cautious, you can jump to whatever place you want.

quick loading at the greasel pits- come on, you did it too!
No, I'm just always lucky.:rasp:

Cap
26th Jun 2008, 06:04
There's that glitch where you can get infinite exp rewards from that guy at the helicopter at some point, (i forget) just keep talking to him and he'll give you exp every time hehe:lol:

SemiAnonymous
26th Jun 2008, 07:02
There's that glitch where you can get infinite exp rewards from that guy at the helicopter at some point, (i forget) just keep talking to him and he'll give you exp every time hehe:lol:

my favorite, so useful for late game experience

DuranArtora
27th Jun 2008, 20:27
For the original, in the area before you infiltrate and destroy the tri-weld points on the ship, (sorry, remembering area names isn't my strong suit) there was a walkway with a door at the end, and opening the door gave you 30 skill points. You could open the door about 40-50 times in about a minute, and get the points every time.

Blade_hunter
27th Jun 2008, 21:06
I used this tip to get XP sooner, it's a bit longer than the generators on vanderberg (100xp) and the conversation with savage (500xp)
but in this boat I found some way's to get some XP like exploring some areas in the game.

Chemix
27th Jun 2008, 21:36
I hack the generator at Vandenberg and leave my stapler on the space bar (my use key, x is and always will be my jump key)

Blade_hunter
27th Jun 2008, 22:22
LOL I did the same but I used my big 1.5V cell LR20 :D
and I forget to say to avoid some bugs like a game crash when I save I clean the logs before ^^

jordan_a
29th Jun 2008, 16:31
What does it have to do with DX3 ? :scratch:

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 19:06
Creepiest error of them all: Opening the console for the DeBeers segment -- and seeing my email addy.

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 19:09

Tad difficult to know the future (about all we have is a teaser and one piece of concept art to talk about -- to death), but we do know the past.

DX FTW!

AaronJ
30th Jun 2008, 02:46

Okay, have you played the original?

jordan_a
30th Jun 2008, 04:05
Okay, have you played the original?
I have but what does "I'm just wondering about some of your favorite bugs from both games" have to do with DX3 ??

AaronJ
30th Jun 2008, 17:41
Tad difficult to know the future (about all we have is a teaser and one piece of concept art to talk about -- to death), but we do know the past.

gamer0004
1st Jul 2008, 20:08

Future? You surely mean PAST, as DX3 is going to be a prequel...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jul 2008, 20:11
Past? You surely mean FUTURE, as DX3 is going to be a prequel...

Well... there lies the ultimate question. ;) :p

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 21:57
You have to remember Global Node is SURE its not a prequel. :nut:

Lo Bruto
2nd Jul 2008, 09:58
You have to remember Global Node is SURE its not a prequel. :nut:

And I'm SURE if it's a prequel GlobalNode will just disappear from the Internet. :o

jamesthefishy
2nd Jul 2008, 11:52

How can a future be a prequel and past be a sequel.

Time Line
DX3 Prequel (past) - DX - DX2 Sequel (where we should base because this is the oldest known date) - DX3 Sequel (future)

See DX2 holds the oldest time. Therefor DX2 is where we should call base time. If its a prequel to DX or DX2 it doesn't matter I do have a question, if they made a prequel to DX2 would it be a prequel or a sequel? (think about it and you can't say both) Best answer wins, say why.

AaronJ
2nd Jul 2008, 15:13
And I'm SURE if it's a prequel GlobalNode will just disappear from the Internet. :o

Precisely.

gamer0004
2nd Jul 2008, 16:00

How can a future be a prequel and past be a sequel.

Time Line
DX3 Prequel (past) - DX - DX2 Sequel (where we should base because this is the oldest known date) - DX3 Sequel (future)

See DX2 holds the oldest time. Therefor DX2 is where we should call base time. If its a prequel to DX or DX2 it doesn't matter I do have a question, if they made a prequel to DX2 would it be a prequel or a sequel? (think about it and you can't say both) Best answer wins, say why.

Yeah past and future should be switched.

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 17:21
See DX2 holds the oldest time. Therefor DX2 is where we should call base time.

Nothing in DX2 should be canon, period. When the devs themselves claim they messed it up, it's content really doesn't belong in the DX universe. The devs listened to everyone but those who paid attention to the minute details -- the fans -- and the result, is a disjointed world. One DX3 has to fix, or just plain ignore.

Nathan2000
2nd Jul 2008, 18:49
Nothing in DX2 should be canon, period. When the devs themselves claim they messed it up, it's content really doesn't belong in the DX universe. The devs listened to everyone but those who paid attention to the minute details -- the fans -- and the result, is a disjointed world. One DX3 has to fix, or just plain ignore.

If Deus Ex 3 turns out to be much better than DX1, are you going to decanonize DX1?

Many fans seem to practice their personal Two Minutes Hate towards DXIW, expecting it to be vaporised at the same time. We want vengeance for our disappointment, don't we?

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 19:41
If Deus Ex 3 turns out to be much better than DX1, are you going to decanonize DX1?

That can't be done, and if it was tried, the existence for DX wouldn't exist.

Does not compute!

Many fans seem to practice their personal Two Minutes Hate towards DXIW, expecting it to be vaporised at the same time. We want vengeance for our disappointment, don't we?

DX:IW wasn't vaporized soon enough. Been waiting for almost 4 years for it to happen. So let's just say it's been almost 4 years of vengeance. ;)