PDA

View Full Version : Digging up the Past

RJG
23rd Jun 2008, 07:01
I know you've probably had a bunch of these threads already, but I would like to say it again.

Eidos, if you're listening (I know CD are, so maybe they could nudge a little) please put TR1-6 on Steam as a special package with proper XP/Vista compatibility. It would make my job as a gamer so much easier, and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't visit this forum who would like to (buy and then) play them again, especially if the pack was released at a budget price.

You've already made millions off them the first time around. It shouldn't be too much effort to make another quid or so.

Also, Legacy of Kain. Same deal. Do it.

Alright, thanks for your patience every one. Just joined the forums so I had to say it, because maybe if enough people post the same crap day after day, they will listen.

CrisGer
23rd Jun 2008, 07:29
Almost all the games are XP compatible already and there is no purpose in putting them on Steam when it is much better to own and play them with one's own collection, for many reasons. Steam works for some games and is used to protect assets from piracy, but is not necessary for the TR games really at all. Sorry to disagree with you. I much prefer having a collectible disk and they are all very affordable. Vista is a suspect system anyway and will hopefully be replaced very soon. :)

RJG
25th Jun 2008, 11:47
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you.

Firstly, I'm not much of a "collector", as it were, so having boxes on a shelf does nothing for me. Having the games on the hard drive is enough for me.

Secondly, the compatibility issues I mentioned above. I don't really have the time or the patience to deal with that sort of stuff.

Thirdly, finding copies of the old games is quite troublesome for me. The only real way to do it is to buy them second hand from places like eBay, and doing that gives no money to Eidos or anybody but the seller, and if that happens, how will they know that people still play and pay for the old games, to know their market viability?

Steam is not necessary for TR, I agree. But I see it as more of a content delivery system than a piracy protection system. Getting everything all in one place and working without trouble for less than the cost of buying them from a dozen different places and playing shipping fees and then spending time getting them working, all this seems like a reasonable request.

Maybe not to a collector, but then, digital delivery isn't your cup of tea anyway, and I'm not asking it for it to be the only distribution method.