PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh man

Psychophobe
22nd Jun 2008, 21:59
Hi All

you probably get alot of these but its late at night and i just wanted a quick word before i goto bed.

Deus Ex 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh excitment rages. This beats Starcraft ][ as my most anticipated game!! And GTA IV (which surprises even me).

To the Deus Ex developers.... do NOT trade off character / charisma / storyline / personality for broad gamer appeal. I loved the intelligence of Deus Ex. I loved the inventory of items, the usability and interactions of the equipment. The moral choices.

Please dont make Deus Ex along the lines of Doom 3 - dark, dull mono brain cell shoot and shoot again.

Basically i want a game that is Deus Ex with the Half life Havoc game engine. Half life was a rubbish game once you took away the amazing physics and graphics. Had no character, had no soul .

anyhow, just saying hello to you all..... night night

M

AgnosticJive
22nd Jun 2008, 23:13
Congratulations...you're only a year late!
Now read how everyone else has said the same crap as you and stop making wishlists for developers that aren't going to read a single word you write.
(oh...and GTA 4 wasn't even that great...)

Have fun writing about stuff people don't care about!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Jun 2008, 00:00
Where are the Mods when you need them? :nut:

:D

Tsumaru
23rd Jun 2008, 01:28
(oh...and GTA 4 wasn't even that great...)
GTA 3 wasn't even any good.

*grabs riot shield*

Anyway, I do have one question.

Starcraft ][
Is that meant to refer to Starcraft 2? Why did you use double square brackets? Why not the letter I, such as in Roman Numerals, such as in where it comes from in the first place. Starcraft II. I'm really confused. =/

But enough of that. I'm probably most excited about Diablo 3. But that's furthest away in terms of release, so I'm just not thinking about it too much. Starcraft 2 has the most info out at the moment, and it looks nice, so that's where most of my energy is going right now. DX3 is in the middle somewhere.

minus0ne
23rd Jun 2008, 01:32
Where are the Mods when you need them? :nut:

:D
Are you referring to biomods, like a skullgun of some kind, perhaps?

Romeo
23rd Jun 2008, 02:20
Somewhat of a useless thread, I must say...

DXeXodus
23rd Jun 2008, 04:03
Is that meant to refer to Starcraft 2? Why did you use double square brackets? Why not the letter I, such as in Roman Numerals, such as in where it comes from in the first place. Starcraft II. I'm really confused. =/

I think he did that because if you look at the logo it kinda goes like that. If you have a bit of an imagination. :scratch: sort of. Um. Hell, I dont know.

jamesthefishy
23rd Jun 2008, 05:43
"Half life was a rubbish game once you took away the amazing physics and graphics. Had no character, had no soul ." I would disagree. Half-life was great and I have no clue what you mean by the "havoc game engine" Half-life's game engine was called goldsource then the next was source and then source 07. At least that was the engine on the pc...

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Jun 2008, 07:31
Are you referring to biomods, like a skullgun of some kind, perhaps?

Both kinds of 'Mods' I should think, hehe. ;)

Yup, another Half Life game-lover here too. :cool:

iWait
23rd Jun 2008, 08:58
Havok is the Half-Life 2 physics engine.
I agree it was a pretty good game but it didn't go far in the way of immersion.
You meet your allies like twice, that one girl only 3 or 4 times, and you never get to actually find out their past.

Oh and what happens at the end?

jamesthefishy
23rd Jun 2008, 09:43
Havok is the Half-Life 2 physics engine.
I agree it was a pretty good game but it didn't go far in the way of immersion.
You meet your allies like twice, that one girl only 3 or 4 times, and you never get to actually find out their past.

Oh and what happens at the end?

what happens at the end of what? Also you see the actions of your allies and you see the actions of your allies too. The original half-life you don't have any allies.
Endings of half-life games
Original First Half-Life: You kill the alien responsible for the invasion.
Original Blue-Shift Half-Life: Your Barney and you make away in a Black Mesa SUV with you and your scientist Buddies
Original Opposing Force Half-Life: Your a marine, you basically get senticed to life in time suspension.
Original Decay Half-Life: Don't know they haven't released it for PC yet but I'm still waiting, it came with the orginal half-life for the PS2.
Half-Life 2: You blow up the citadel and are caught in the blast
Half-Life 2 Episode 1: After the G-man (from the original) saves you from the citadel blast. After which you save the remaining people and put everyone on a train
Half-Life 2 Episode 2: Train crashs Barney is not seen for this game some think he died in the train crash other thinks he got away and/or was on another train. After that you prepare to attack the master aliens and alyx's dad, the black man (not trying to be racist just play the original game and you'll see why I refer to him by his race) from the original game, your friend... Basically dies.

AgnosticJive
23rd Jun 2008, 09:48
Basically i want a game that is Deus Ex with the Half life Havoc game engine.

Lmao...I didn't even read his full post, so I missed that little Half Life comment.
Deus Ex + Havok= Deus Ex Invisible War!

As far as Half Life 2 not going far in immersion...that's really dependent upon the player, I mean the conversations and stuff you can eavesdrop on, to me, add a lot to the game. And the episodes do elaborate a bit more on the characters pasts...now if only they would get to what the hell the G-Man is and who/what he works for already, lol.

jamesthefishy
23rd Jun 2008, 09:51
now if only they would get to what the hell the G-Man is and who/what he works for already, lol.

I know man, I have heard about so many theorys of that.