PDA

View Full Version : More in the Anniversary series?

nevillet
22nd Jun 2008, 08:19
Anniversary was an awesome remake of TR1.

So, any rumours from Eidos about a remake of TR2? TR3? If sales of Anniversary were anything to go by, it woul dbe worthwhile to remaster the classics........

TombRaiderBabbii
22nd Jun 2008, 10:26
Oh God No

Treeble
22nd Jun 2008, 11:49
So, whose turn is it tomorrow to open a new topic about more remakes? :rolleyes:

LisaB1962
23rd Jun 2008, 12:09
*scans list*

Looks like it's yours, Treeb. Enjoy! :D

Manny0831
24th Jun 2008, 01:48
eidos told spike tv there will be another remake in mid 2009 after underworld. It could be either 2 or 3. Alot of people would love to see TR2 Remake and it was the most sucessfull game in the past so they might remake it to celebrate that.

Dukem
24th Jun 2008, 02:26
I hope to God that you are a filthy liar! :p :lol: I really don't want another remake, what a waste of time. Anniversary was good, but that should be a one-off. :rolleyes:

Bampire
24th Jun 2008, 02:40
Haha, Treeble, and LisaB.:lmao:

chubbywubby
24th Jun 2008, 03:31
eidos told spike tv there will be another remake in mid 2009 after underworld. It could be either 2 or 3. Alot of people would love to see TR2 Remake and it was the most sucessfull game in the past so they might remake it to celebrate that.

Ummm I would love to see Another Anniversary TR1 was Awesome I Still play when im Bored nowadays im Playing AOD just for the fun of it

Manny0831
24th Jun 2008, 14:28
I hope to God that you are a filthy liar! :p :lol: I really don't want another remake, what a waste of time. Anniversary was good, but that should be a one-off. :rolleyes:

Well i just said spike tv said eidos were planning one for mid 2009 after underworld so ur calling them liars. At least we know theres still more tomb raider after underworld and thats a relief. It will probaly be another side project like the first anniversary they can make one no problem since the story is already there. Well we just have to see lets just focus on underworld now. :D !!!!TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD!!!!:D

domina
24th Jun 2008, 17:11
As neat as I think it would be to see CD's vision of my favorite TR game (TRII), I think it'd be best if they keep pushing out their own vision rather than rehasing one that already exists.

Too many remakes would really spoil their image as a developer.

Ash0078
27th Jun 2008, 16:04
If a TR-II remake was handled with the same skill and effort that typified Anniversary I think it would be fantastic. If it addressed the weaknesses of the original PSone version, filled out the plot and re-worked the musical score I think it would be a hit.

There's a lot of potential in the TR back-catalog. There must be a lot of younger players who'd love to follow the story of Lara from the beginning. Of course they could always release the originals as downloads to subsidize the project, even include them on the disc as unlockables.

Spong
28th Jun 2008, 00:40
Tomb Raider: Anniversary 2?

or

Tomb Raider 2: Anniversary?

Whichever, I'm not fussed.

Anniversary was okay in its own way, a huge disappointment and an insult to that which it was supposed to pay homage to, but okay nonetheless. A second Anniversary couldn't be a bad thing I guess. But I think they should stick to the tradition they've set: Anniversary was released ten years after the original, so a remake of TR2 should be left another ten, and TR3 another ten. At least, that way, it gives the fans of the old-skool Raiders a chance to recover from the sacrilege each time.

Lara's.Fan4life
28th Jun 2008, 06:56
Nah.... I don't think so.... Anniversary was a special series for the players and fans of Tomb raider on completing 10 years of TR series..... The original game is Underworld on which crystal and Edios is working since legend was complete..... So we aren't gonna have a remake of any other TR game.... Atleast not for another 10 years.....

chubbywubby
28th Jun 2008, 07:12
Tomb Raider: Anniversary 2?

or

Tomb Raider 2: Anniversary?

Whichever, I'm not fussed.

Anniversary was okay in its own way, a huge disappointment and an insult to that which it was supposed to pay homage to, but okay nonetheless. A second Anniversary couldn't be a bad thing I guess. But I think they should stick to the tradition they've set: Anniversary was released ten years after the original, so a remake of TR2 should be left another ten, and TR3 another ten. At least, that way, it gives the fans of the old-skool Raiders a chance to recover from the sacrilege each time.

Well TR2 will also have 10 Years Anniversary! cuz Next year 2009 will make full 10 years till TR2 i would love to see it once more I think it was one of the Most GREATEST stories of Tomb Raider Yet!

ScarAnna
28th Jun 2008, 13:01
If there is another remake of a TR game, please let it be TR3! Pretty please! I would love to see remade more than any other TR.

Deziz
28th Jun 2008, 13:27
Please no more remakes.
I've been there done that and I want something new!!

Spong
28th Jun 2008, 14:15
If there is another remake of a TR game, please let it be TR3! Pretty please! I would love to see remade more than any other TR.

I completely agree, it's easily the best after the original TR1. But after being bitten by Anniversary, I'd be really reticent about CD remaking TR3. I'm not really fussed about TR2 to be honest, it was all gunplay anyway.