PDA

View Full Version : Games for Windows Label on BSP

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 20:20
I hope to god this doesn't mean that it's coming out only for the crap excuse of an operating system some people call "Windows Vista".

Colosseum
19th Jun 2008, 20:39
Yet another reason to buy it on its intended platform (Xbox 360).

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 22:15
Yet another reason to buy it on its intended platform (Xbox 360).

Both are Microsloth, so ultimately I don't think it matters much. XP is, unfortunately, pretty much the only option. No way I'm paying for XBL, especially when I already get internet anyway.

Colosseum
19th Jun 2008, 23:36
Good thing I've got a nice steady job and the ability to pay the $50 a year for XBL, which is hardly ever broken and there are always players on. Good luck finding someone to play with on PC BSM.

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 23:52
Good thing I've got a nice steady job and the ability to pay the $50 a year for XBL, which is hardly ever broken and there are always players on. Good luck finding someone to play with on PC BSM.

I got quite a few, really.

And I'm working on college atm and jobs are quite distant AND I don't have a car, so working is tough for me at the moment. And I HIGHLY DOUBT my grandparents will buy me an Xbox (for one game; something even I wouldn't do), the game(s) for it, AND an Xbox Live subscription. Even if they WERE to do ALL of that, I wouldn't feel right for them to spend so much money on my behalf just to have it go to Microsloth Windoze.

Colosseum
20th Jun 2008, 01:01
And yet you have all this time to post on the BSM forums.

Dremora Warlord
20th Jun 2008, 14:09
Dude, the Xbox 360 Arcade is like $250.00! Plus what you get for LIVE, it's worth the mere $50.00 a year. I mean, that's like a third of my weekly paycheck. But if you don't have a job, then it mat seem like a lot.

Arrow
20th Jun 2008, 15:39
And yet you have all this time to post on the BSM forums.

Let's not forget that posting on forums takes a fraction of the time it takes to get a job. Not to mention my location, coupled with the fact I don't have a car, makes getting to work, assuming I actually managed to get one, difficult at best. Even assuming I got a job, I'd sooner get a Wii and a PS3, whose internet is free, and I don't have enough games I want to get on an Xbox to warrant the money to get it.

Don't pretend you know everything about my situation, Colosseum.

Colosseum
20th Jun 2008, 18:50
Don't assume you know how to spell my username correctly, Arorw. :3

Arrow
20th Jun 2008, 19:08
There. I fixed it for you.

xgamerms999
20th Jun 2008, 22:28
Vista is great, I have had no problems, and I've had it since it came out. Maybe I am not using it for the same things that you guys are...

PS: Games for Windows doesn't necassarily mean Windows Live, AOE III expansions are all GFW, and it is free online. Also, you only get Windows Live if you want (at least on the other Windows Live game I played) if you didn't want to pay, you could only play with PC players. I hope that made sense, I wasn't sure exactly how to string that togeather. :nut: lol

Arrow
20th Jun 2008, 22:56
Practically everyone I know has a problem with Vista at my college.

I'm just hoping it will have the same features and capabilities on XP as BSM does now.

Colosseum
21st Jun 2008, 00:01
God, I hate Vista... my new laptop came with it and I wiped it and reinstalled XP.

battleshipman
21st Jun 2008, 00:11
Practically everyone I know has a problem with Vista at my college.

I'm just hoping it will have the same features and capabilities on XP as BSM does now.

So far the only problem I have with Vista is the "X needs permission to continue" or whatever that message is. You would think I'd know it word for word by now:nut: .

chip5541
21st Jun 2008, 02:03
The only problem I have is some programs require me to run as admin but I am not sure if it is because of Vista or maybe I set something wrong. So far Vista works great.

The M00ps
21st Jun 2008, 04:25
So far the only problem I have with Vista is the "X needs permission to continue" or whatever that message is. You would think I'd know it word for word by now:nut: .

You can turn that off, you know.

Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control on or off

raston
21st Jun 2008, 14:15
I was a bit worried when my new putter came with vista........but ive had no problems at all with it.Everything i had on the old one works just as well on vista,and i cant see any gaming house making a game that just runs on vista.
They would be cutting thier own throats doing so as they must realise that there is only a small proportion of peeps actually running it so far as its still so new and as a lot of peeps who are scared of change, avoid it like the plague.
I will eat my midshipmans hat if its vista specific!!!!!:D

David603
21st Jun 2008, 17:11
Plenty of Games for Windows titles run on XP as well as Vista. For example another Eidos title, Kane and Lynch runs on XP as does Tomb Raider Anniversary. So you shouldn't have any worries for BSP being Vista only.

M0n3y
23rd Jun 2008, 07:26
Plenty of Games for Windows titles run on XP as well as Vista. For example another Eidos title, Kane and Lynch runs on XP as does Tomb Raider Anniversary. So you shouldn't have any worries for BSP being Vista only.

idd
World in Conflict has a Games for Windows label, but i could play that game on my old pc (windows XP)
so i don't think there will be a problem for XP users

Red October
23rd Jun 2008, 16:09
I work with computers a lot and the benchmarks on vista and xp are almost the same. Vista does slow down the computer some but if you are running a multicore cpu and and at least a gig of ram you will be fine. DX10 is vista's elling point to gamers. Xp can not compete with vista DX10 i have seen them side be side. However there is a non official patch that i use that lets me run dx10 on xp.

com345
23rd Jun 2008, 16:28
I However there is a non official patch that i use that lets me run dx10 on xp.

hey that just made me interessted where can i get that or do i have to look myself?

Arrow
23rd Jun 2008, 19:50
However there is a non official patch that i use that lets me run dx10 on xp.

I am greatly intrigued and I wish to learn more.

Red October
24th Jun 2008, 00:50
i will post a link to the patch soon. Give me some time to find it I forget where i got from. But for DX10 to work you need a DX1o supported graphics card.

Red October
24th Jun 2008, 00:55
i will post a link to the patch soon. Give me some time to find it I forget where i got from. But for DX10 to work you need a DX1o supported graphics card.

Found it i am running this program fine but it is unofficial and still in beta stages.
http://www.technospot.net/blogs/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp-from-alky-project/

Dremora Warlord
24th Jun 2008, 04:27
I've had Vista since it came out. I have never had one problem with it. The only thing I don't like is the lack of things that work for it. Instance? I just bought a new keyboard, but can't transfer over my recordings because Vista doesn't support the midi driver needed...

Other than that, I don't see what is wrong with it. But I'm not a PC gamer so I wouldn't know what you guys like. :p

Canadian_Spitfire
24th Jun 2008, 14:52
May I ask what version of Windows Vista you guys have? I spoke to a few people who owned the operating system and I was told they've been having a lot of problems with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have Windows Vista Home Premium, it works well and the games run and look better than on XP.

M0n3y
26th Jun 2008, 19:57
i have Vista home Premium aswell and idd the games all look much better then on XP :)

LT.-Fuse_Wolve
26th Jun 2008, 21:05
are you guys running vista 32-bit or vista 64-bit os??? the only problem with window operating systems is that every new generation of OS requires more power and ram to run... but the 64-bit seems to be up to par with XP and the windows 2000/ME ... better yet it runs more programs simultaneously smoother than the two OS.

Red October
26th Jun 2008, 22:29
are you guys running vista 32-bit or vista 64-bit os??? the only problem with window operating systems is that every new generation of OS requires more power and ram to run... but the 64-bit seems to be up to par with XP and the windows 2000/ME ... better yet it runs more programs simultaneously smoother than the two OS.

64 bit here. However 64 bit uses more prosseror power than 32

Arrow
27th Jun 2008, 00:47
For my XP system, I use the 32 bit version.

Cpt.sharp
6th Jul 2008, 14:05
ive had problems with vista, but nothing i couldnt fix.

Its a ok OS if you know how to use it.

LT.-Fuse_Wolve
6th Jul 2008, 17:44
64 bit here. However 64 bit uses more prosseror power than 32

but you most likely have a quad-processor therefore you dont even notice a lack in your performance

W4lt3r89
6th Jul 2008, 19:04
Not to mention 64 bit Vista OS's can support from 8 GB RAM memory to Ultimate's 128 GB.. Im thinking to make hell of a rework on my PC. to ultimate 64 bit vista, 16 GB RAM and from dual core to quad core + new power supplier and quite a few more fans.. although price is around 1700 euros :whistle: