PDA

View Full Version : Fetus Trailer - My Flashing Image Analysis - Video Annotations

AaronJ
19th Jun 2008, 17:52
Finally done. Worked all day timing the stupid things. You can watch it here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXCE8CkNZU)

MaxxQ1
20th Jun 2008, 02:43
LOL...it's an MTV/VH-1 Pop-Up video!!!! :D

AaronJ
20th Jun 2008, 03:04
Why yes, yes it is!

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/GlobalNode/gtfoforevtm.jpg

serene_chaos
20th Jun 2008, 04:39
It's been said before, and I'll say it again.
Your determination that it'll be a sequel makes me laugh.
You almost remind me of religious people.

*:eek: WHO SAID THAT?!**** *

AaronJ
20th Jun 2008, 19:47
Of course I'm determined. Because I have faith in the game.

jcp28
20th Jun 2008, 22:00
It's been said before, and I'll say it again.
Your determination that it'll be a sequel makes me laugh.
You almost remind me of religious people.

*:eek: WHO SAID THAT?!**** *

Is that a surprise, since he seems to think it'll continue from the Templar ending?:rasp: If I get something wrong, I'm sorry but I'm not sure if the edited version is different from the original.

AaronJ
21st Jun 2008, 16:46
Turn on video annotations and/or watch more than 10 seconds.

stokesy131
21st Jun 2008, 17:58
3:41 that is the numbers from the decalogue image the area around it looks the same aswell

and i subscribed

jamesthefishy
23rd Jun 2008, 05:57
I don't know if it will be a prequill or not but I would be dissapointed if it was. I wish for this game to be a one which I can watch the characters grow but still remember the good ol days. Have small reminders like gunthers skul-gun.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
27th Jun 2008, 21:42
^
Judging from the subtle clues in the trailer, I would imagine it is a sequel.
Toward the end of the video you see the flashing symbols/letters unscramble to read 'Deus Ex 1', 'Deus Ex 2' and 'Deus Ex 3' in that order. That would suggest to me a sequel... but who knows. :scratch:

Incidentally, does anyone see exactly what the last symbol is right at the very end of the trailer, after the Eidos credits? :confused:
I can't make it out as it flashes very quickly and I'm unable to pause the video just at the right time, lol. Very frustrating! :mad2:

I don't think it is the same symbol you see earlier in the video that denotes transhumanism (h and a + sign in square brackets) and neither do I think it is the Greek letter for 'phi'.

But I'm not really sure. :o

Any clues anyone? Thank you. :)

Coliphorbs
28th Jun 2008, 08:39
DX3 will not be a sequel - nor a prequel. It's been 6 years since the release of the last game in the series and Eidos' target audience is, for the most part, fresh and completely ignorant of the original games. They're not making this game exclusively for fans of the original - that'll hardly make a worthy revenue.

They will want to introduce them to the DX setting without expecting them to've played long, complex games from 8 years ago. It will most likely be a game set in the same universe, probably, and have it's share of ties and references to the original games (hopefully it will ignore IW).

I suppose that pits the chances of it being a prequel higher than a (direct) sequel, but I'm thinking it will be contemporary - or a sequel by name and theme, rather than story.

Nathan2000
28th Jun 2008, 11:55
Incidentally, does anyone see exactly what the last symbol is right at the very end of the trailer, after the Eidos credits? :confused:
I can't make it out as it flashes very quickly and I'm unable to pause the video just at the right time, lol. Very frustrating! :mad2:

I don't think it is the same symbol you see earlier in the video that denotes transhumanism (h and a + sign in square brackets) and neither do I think it is the Greek letter for 'phi'.

But I'm not really sure. :o

Any clues anyone? Thank you. :)
It's a logo of Digital Dimension (http://www.digitaldimension.com/index.html) studio, which created the trailer.

AaronJ
28th Jun 2008, 12:57
DX3 will not be a sequel - nor a prequel. It's been 6 years since the release of the last game in the series and Eidos' target audience is, for the most part, fresh and completely ignorant of the original games. They're not making this game exclusively for fans of the original - that'll hardly make a worthy revenue.

They will want to introduce them to the DX setting without expecting them to've played long, complex games from 8 years ago. It will most likely be a game set in the same universe, probably, and have it's share of ties and references to the original games (hopefully it will ignore IW).

I suppose that pits the chances of it being a prequel higher than a (direct) sequel, but I'm thinking it will be contemporary - or a sequel by name and theme, rather than story.

That sounds ****ing awful.

Artichokeinanutshell
28th Jun 2008, 14:39
what i dont get is...global node...you've analyzed so much from the trailer and the concept art...and why CAN'T you see that the possibility of it being a prequel is EXTREMELY high? you've seen the mech augs (which in DXIW seems to have entirely been replaced by nanoaugs)! you've seen the voting box (2027 was before DX1 and 2, implies the process by which augs were introduced)! you've seen the factory-like mech arms (MECH, not NANO)! you've seen the discrimination against augmented ppl (which is most likely when augs are introduced, since the conservatives are overreacting, less likely templar ending for dx2 since the templars would just kill everyone, the anti-aug billboards would be unnecessary)! you've seen the riots (which seems logical to be followed by the establishment of UNATCO, to put down "terrorism"), you've seen the paintings and the DaVinci drawings (all implying anatomy, which then suggests ppl researching the human body in ORDER to insert augs), you've seen the riot cops! (very modern-ish and un-futuristic cops, very incongruent w/ all dx2 endings: wont be necessary for JC connection everyone, wont be existent for templars who wont have cops but rather crusaders, isnt characteristic of the illuminati which uses indirect influence, and DEFINITELY NOT omar because the cops arent superaugmented in any way; the cops rather imply the unatco thing i talked abt above)...everything you analyzed heavily highlights a prequel. why can't you just give up your personal belief and open your mind!? but anyway, good analyses on the most part.

AaronJ
28th Jun 2008, 14:50
I know the probability of it being a prequel and I'm in denial, something I've said 20+ times.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jun 2008, 15:01
It's a logo of Digital Dimension (http://www.digitaldimension.com/index.html) studio, which created the trailer.

Wow, is that all? :(

LOL, I was hoping it was another EXTREMELY subtle clue. :o

Thank you for the answer, at least I can sleep at nights now knowing I'm not missing something, hehe. :D

Oh, one other thing that puzzles me. :scratch:
It may amount to nothing but... :D

When you see the flashing symbols/text appearing on the video, before it clearly spells out the correct complete sentence, are there any hidden meanings in them... ?

You can pause the video regularly as the text changes and some of it appears to resemble a combination of Greek, Arabic and similar language, sometimes it looks quite Russian even. But as I have no knowledge of these particular languages, I cannot tell if there is anything there to discover or decipher.

It might all be just scrambled nonsense and my overactive imagination is running away with me, of course. :p

AaronJ
28th Jun 2008, 20:33
That's one of the first things I looked for, it's nothing

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jun 2008, 21:37
Okay, thank you for confirmation of that. :cool:

Hi, I'm back again. :o Thanks for putting up with me. :D

I just wanted to ask about the shot @ 1.38, where you denote the nose and mouth of the foetus. It doesn't appear "exactly" human-like in proportion, especially in context with the rest of the body that is shown, so I want to study it further. I assume the facial area sits quite close and low to the chest area, sunken almost and with very little length of neck? The chest and shoulder areas (where seen) look like they might be quite broad/wide and high. Particularly high, in fact, if we remember that we cannot even see the upper part of the shoulder area. It appears to continue to a level much higher than that of the nose and cheek area. Would that be correct or are my eyes seeing something different? :scratch:

With regard to the mouth. Is there some sort of 'socket' in/on it, or is that just shadow/light play?
The nose body itself looks quite wide and flat, and the actual nostrils appear quite small and round, but positioned high. Is that correct? It is difficult to tell precisely as I realise the light and shadow could be distorting the image somewhat.

I don't know if you can blow that image up and make it a lot clearer and distinguishable? If you can do so, and post it in this thread, I would be VERY grateful. But no problems if you cannot do so. Thank you. :)

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 01:07

Whew! Not an official quote. :scare filter OFF:

EIDOS simply isn't going back to WWIII over this game. It'll be insane to repeat that PR disaster (where you here during that implosion??). This game has to be for the fans -- time for some healing for a change. Johnny XBoxer isn't going to support the franchise, it'll be the fans from the beginning -- the ones keeping it alive by modding it -- by our hands and hearts.

AaronJ
29th Jun 2008, 01:14
Can you fill me in on what took place after IWar was released? I wasn't around.

And this is the best image I can provide atm, its a frame from the trailer before butchered by YouTube. And you're right, it really doesn't look like a face anymore.
http://global.node.googlepages.com/2.jpg

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 02:16
Can you fill me in on what took place after IWar was released? I wasn't around.

Notice nice forum? People getting along? Back then this forum was a pure viper den (maybe the mod XCOMM won't want to remember). I was at the Bioshock forum when it was released and it's problem with accounts, and it was sweet compared to it. Had some of the worst, e-v-i-l posts I've ever made on this forum (and I'm glad they "vanished"), as the fans were even taking out the anger on OTHER fans.

Understand too, EIDOS forums was also more populated then, so the "screams" were "louder".

The main complaints then:

1. Unified ammo (IIRC, the prime beef -- I joined in that one, because I'm fond of 7.62mm rounds).
2. XBox UI and "dumbing down" gameplay (reams of posts on that issue, I hated consoles since).
3. Textures (folks had to get a better computer/videocard to play DX:IW, only to get DX1 quality textures).
4. Loading of levels (don't recall folks complaining too much about the level size, but they HATED the long load screens -- funny, I haven't read that issue here yet. You can get an idea of how angry folks can be over it by going to the Age of Conan forum now...lol)

On the modding scene, they figured they could finally use larger textures of, get this, 512x512 (come a long way since). I think that was the start of the first major DX1 HD project, too.

EIDOS just can't return to those days. It's a nightmare. Whatever that is left of the old Deus Ex fanbase would just leave in disgust, and probably this time for good.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Jun 2008, 08:30
And this is the best image I can provide atm, its a frame from the trailer before butchered by YouTube. And you're right, it really doesn't look like a face anymore.
http://global.node.googlepages.com/2.jpg

Thank you so much for that! :cool:

Yeah, I don't know if it is a face now but that 'nose' and 'mouth' could be what you say. I'll have a go at looking at it from different angles later, hehe. Maybe it might make sense as a face...or suggest another area of the anatomy.

Thanks again for making the image larger. :thumbsup:

I've been studying more of the video trailer, hehe! :D
I need some opinions here because I'm totally confused at what it is I'm seeing. :nut:

If we watch from the beginning @ appx 0.10 to 0.16, we can see the foetus as it slowly rotates. The thing that is puzzling me is that it doesn't appear to be just one foetus but two conjoined; OR 'something else' attached to another?
The beginning appears to show a right shoulder with socket (where an arm would be attached?) and just above you can see what looks like the lower neck and chin area of the head. As the camera pans round to appx 0.14, another (I think separate?) body area comes to view - possibly a chest section? You can also see a 'gap' (and possibly a thinner section - upper arm/wrist maybe?) between the original foetus/body (or 'whatever it is') in the background. Finally, that section appears to end with the chest and left shoulder of the (other?) foetus, including a full arm section.
Sorry for the confusing description - I'm trying my best to illustrate what (I think) I can see. You will need to watch this part of the video yourselves. :p

So, what do you guys see? Is it two foeti or just one? Or is it something else? :confused:
Of course, the other part may not be another feotus; it doesn't look anything like a 'placenta' of any sort (because of the shoulder/socket): so, what the hell is it, lol? :D
Any ideas, anyone...? Please share what your eyes perceive, thank you. :)

Also, going back to what I noted earlier about the face/nose/mouth... I think it probably is a face now, I was just worried about the proportions and whether they were actually human-like, or not. I've compared it to that of the early stages of a real human foetus (at appx 5 weeks and 1cm in length) and the head is indeed tucked in close to the chest area, with virtually no neck formation and the shoulders are higher as the spinal cord arches around. Together with the areas that suggest a nose and mouth in the video, I'm satisfied that it is a face, in my opinion - of course.
Having said that, the nostrils still appear very small and high on the nose tip; so that still puzzles me... but I'll try not to dwell in it too much at this stage, hehe. :o

I hope Eidos provide us with another trailer soon...I want some more clues! :whistle:

AaronJ
30th Jun 2008, 17:35
I've already analyzed the fetus (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qD4xq7HpW-k).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 18:07
Yes, I know you have analysed it.... you just didn't enough to satisfy me. :rasp:

I need some opinions here because I'm totally confused at what it is I'm seeing. :nut:

If we watch from the beginning @ appx 0.10 to 0.16, we can see the foetus as it slowly rotates. The thing that is puzzling me is that it doesn't appear to be just one foetus but two conjoined; OR 'something else' attached to another?
The beginning appears to show a right shoulder with socket (where an arm would be attached?) and just above you can see what looks like the lower neck and chin area of the head. As the camera pans round to appx 0.14, another (I think separate?) body area comes to view - possibly a chest section? You can also see a 'gap' (and possibly a thinner section - upper arm/wrist maybe?) between the original foetus/body (or 'whatever it is') in the background. Finally, that section appears to end with the chest and left shoulder of the (other?) foetus, including a full arm section.
Sorry for the confusing description - I'm trying my best to illustrate what (I think) I can see. You will need to watch this part of the video yourselves. :p

So, what do you guys see? Is it two foeti or just one? Or is it something else? :confused:
Of course, the other part may not be another feotus; it doesn't look anything like a 'placenta' of any sort (because of the shoulder/socket): so, what the hell is it, lol? :D
Any ideas, anyone...? Please share what your eyes perceive, thank you. :)

Also, going back to what I noted earlier about the face/nose/mouth... I think it probably is a face now, I was just worried about the proportions and whether they were actually human-like, or not. I've compared it to that of the early stages of a real human foetus (at appx 5 weeks and 1cm in length) and the head is indeed tucked in close to the chest area, with virtually no neck formation and the shoulders are higher as the spinal cord arches around. Together with the areas that suggest a nose and mouth in the video, I'm satisfied that it is a face, in my opinion - of course.
Having said that, the nostrils still appear very small and high on the nose tip; so that still puzzles me... but I'll try not to dwell in it too much at this stage, hehe. :o

I hope Eidos provide us with another trailer soon...I want some more clues! :whistle:

I wanted more feedback on the points I bring up. :)

AaronJ
30th Jun 2008, 20:42
Remember, they've said in an article that they thought my analysis was "unexpected". Not discrediting you from continuing, just saying.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 21:30
Remember, they've said in an article that they thought my analysis was "unexpected". Not discrediting you from continuing, just saying.

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you mean. :confused:
Could you elaborate more... thank you. :)

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 21:37

Like in painting, if you concentrate too much on a little spot, you'll loose sight of the whole picture.

Step back, and look at the sum of the parts.

Which means, don't overanalyse the little parts. They were inserted into the teaser because they know fans would pick it all apart -- it was designed to keep folks busy while they're at work.

Remember in DX, there were a lot of things said that blended into the storyline, but had no meaning to it (like walking into the clinic and the old soldier quoting a line out of nowhere, and then saying sorry). Let alone the NPC talk about politics, or even the Man Who Was Thursday chapters.

It all added to the theme, but had no actual meaning to the game itself or it's real direction.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 21:47
Like in painting, if you concentrate too much on a little spot, you'll loose sight of the whole picture.
Step back, and look at the sum of the parts.
Which means, don't overanalyse the little parts. They were inserted into the teaser because they know fans would pick it all apart -- it was designed to keep folks busy while they're at work.
Remember in DX, there were a lot of things said that blended into the storyline, but had no meaning to it (like walking into the clinic and the old soldier quoting a line out of nowhere, and then saying sorry). Let alone the NPC talk about politics, or even the Man Who Was Thursday chapters.
It all added to the theme, but had no actual meaning to the game itself or it's real direction.

Thanks for your kind (but unnecessary) advice Scadvid... :)
.. but I already watched this trailer AGES ago, lol. I didn't think too much about it at the time and viewed all the sum of its parts and as a 'complete picture'.
Do excuse me for stating what I thought was obvious - but it is only NOW that I wish to study it a little more; or 'over-analyse' it, as you say. :p

As for remembering what happened with DX and the parts that had no meaning etc; you may be correct BUT as far as this trailer is concerned, I would say quite a bit of it contains meaning... the foetus in particular. :cool:

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 21:58
Thanks for your kind (but unnecessary) advice Scadvid... :)
.. but I already watched this trailer AGES ago, lol. I didn't think too much about it at the time and viewed all the sum of its parts and as a 'complete picture'.
Do excuse me for stating what I thought was obvious - but it is only NOW that I wish to study it a little more; or 'over-analyse' it, as you say. :p

As for remembering what happened with DX and the parts that had no meaning etc; you may be correct BUT as far as this trailer is concerned, I would say quite a bit of it contains meaning... the foetus in particular. :cool:

Tad "touchy"? :)

Meaning of what? :p What you will overanalyse. :lol:

[Running out of smilies to be snarky (right, "Miss" Denton?)...lololol]

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 22:08
Tad "touchy"? :)
Meaning of what? :p What you will overanalyse. :lol:
[Running out of smilies to be snarky (right, "Miss" Denton?)...lololol]
Scadvid, YOU are the only one who is being 'touchy'.
I wasn't at all... but unless you intend to watch the video and add your views on it, I guess you don't need to be in here getting all paranoid over nothing. ;)

P.S. Do you have something against smilies too? I love them myself! :p :D

Kevyne-Shandris
1st Jul 2008, 00:26
Scadvid, YOU are the only one who is being 'touchy'.
I wasn't at all... but unless you intend to watch the video and add your views on it, I guess you don't need to be in here getting all paranoid over nothing. ;)

P.S. Do you have something against smilies too? I love them myself! :p :D

Did someone snap your bra? Is that the reason you use 20 smilies in a post, while being snarky?

Answering your post isn't a capital offense, dear, replying like your panties were stolen, is. :lol:

AaronJ
1st Jul 2008, 01:12
They were inserted into the teaser because they know fans would pick it all apart.

To elaborate upon request of MissDenton and to reply to this, they have already said in some interview that they weren't expecting the trailer to be analyzed to the level it was, to the level that I did. Analyzing it deeper after this has been said will generate fuss over nothing, which is probably what mine accomplished.

Kevyne-Shandris
1st Jul 2008, 01:44
To elaborate upon request of MissDenton and to reply to this, they have already said in some interview that they weren't expecting the trailer to be analyzed to the level it was, to the level that I did. Analyzing it deeper after this has been said will generate fuss over nothing, which is probably what mine accomplished.

She could answer for herself. If she wants to be a bull in a china shop, watch out for the china from above -- it's sharp and can make bulls into cows. (Oh, where's that missing smilie.....).

They expected it, because devs don't leave THAT many breadcrumbs for nothing. That's like offering a sports car with keys, and a full tank of gas. Fans are going to take it for a joy ride of their life. The second after the watching the teaser the first time, my thought was to look over the flashing images -- it begged to be scoped. It was more than just a flyover, it was offering snippets of a theme (one that can change radically in the final product, but one offered at that stage). It was done right, by giving us a taste of the past with maybe the future. Just enough to break the long ice and talk about it.

That fetus if you noticed is more mechanical than bio. Bio doesn't have lights behind it's neck, nor plates for skin. It's a prototype (of what we don't know, but the theme hints of trying to find out who we are). To do that is to look into the past. And why is that a theme, when the franchise begs to look into the future? Something was "stuck" that needs to be "unstuck", and only going back will correct it?

That concept art is also not too modern. Something that can exist in 15 years, not 30. In 30, they wouldn't have a lab with LCD style screens (OLED rollups, yes, but not hard cased monitors -- and they'll certainly be larger, as more data we learn to consume rolls past us...just like widescreen monitors are begging to be the norm).

There's a taste there. Of the future, the past and the near future. Where DX3 will start on the timeline is anyone's guess, but the devs left us some presents to gleen over, for a reason.

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 02:55
Im very positive that if Deus Ex 3 is NOT a sequel, there will be MANY flashbacks.

@Scadvid, seriously, calm down, our board is a friendly place, not one where we grill users for their smiley usage. ****

AaronJ
1st Jul 2008, 03:53
That and you have to stop with the damn metaphors and similes.

Kevyne-Shandris
1st Jul 2008, 03:57
Im very positive that if Deus Ex 3 is NOT a sequel, there will be MANY flashbacks.

@Scadvid, seriously, calm down, our board is a friendly place, not one where we grill users for their smiley usage. ****

Been in a den of lions, and I like eating them. }:>

But seriously, if someone snaps back at me, especially so sarcastically, my public policy is to return the favor. HEY MOD or not. Hope that's clear now.

So maybe we can all get back at the reason we're suppose to be at this forum? Before I left the discussions were solidly about DX/3. Hopefully, it'll return.

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 04:18
Any news on maybe a new trailer? If so I would like to analyze it to hell ^-^

iWait
1st Jul 2008, 04:46
Global Node will analyze it and post it on Youtube before you even see it.

Smilies:
:lol: :rasp: :rolleyes: ;) :cool: :D :lmao: :nut: :) :thumbsup:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jul 2008, 06:31
Did someone snap your bra? Is that the reason you use 20 smilies in a post, while being snarky?
Answering your post isn't a capital offense, dear, replying like your panties were stolen, is. :lol:

LOL, the only one who is snarky is you, Scadvid; that is clear to see. For goodness sake, lighten up or leave me alone. I have no wish to make dull, inane conversation about my underwear (sorry guys! ).

I never said answering my post was a capital offense, DEAR.

Grow up. :rolleyes:

I see, okay; thanks GlobalNode.
Just hope that they weren't pulling the wool over our eyes. ;)

Thank you, HouseOfPain. :)

Scadvid obviously has quite a few personal issues to deal with, I've noticed it isn't just me with my smilies but another member for being younger, lol.

Why have a problem with age or smilies, lol? So petty, but I hope she gets better soon.
Until I see her writing intelligently, I shall ignore from now on... :D

Global Node will analyze it and post it on Youtube before you even see it.

Smilies:
:lol: :rasp: :rolleyes: ;) :cool: :D :lmao: :nut: :) :thumbsup:

Yay! Another smiley fan. :cool: :cool: :cool:
:p

Been in a den of lions, and I like eating them. }:>

But seriously, if someone snaps back at me, especially so sarcastically, my public policy is to return the favor. HEY MOD or not. Hope that's clear now.

So maybe we can all get back at the reason we're suppose to be at this forum? Before I left the discussions were solidly about DX/3. Hopefully, it'll return.

I was never sarcastic, Scadvid. That was in your own head; how YOU interpreted it. If you read back you will see that it was YOU who was sarcastic in your reply to me... and have been ever since (and sooooo childish too). I have no need for sarcasm in my life, but obviously you relish it.

But think what you like... just get out of my face. :D

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 07:06
Eidos Forums, feels like a Soap Opera with all the drama :P

Back on subject?:cool:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jul 2008, 12:23
Yes indeed, back on subject. :cool:

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 19:43
I've been looking over the Trailer and the analysis and I am about 70% sure this will be a prequel. :mad2:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jul 2008, 19:47
You could be right, who knows? Guess we just have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't care if it is prequel or sequel - so long as it is an awesome game. :cool:

MaxxQ1
2nd Jul 2008, 02:03
You could be right, who knows? Guess we just have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't care if it is prequel or sequel - so long as it is an awesome game. :cool:

Agreed. As long as it has a GOOD story, non-consoley gameplay, and bears some relationship to the DX universe, I'll be happy.

HouseOfPain
2nd Jul 2008, 03:54
And as long as Warren Spector doesn't go ANYWHERE near it.

AaronJ
2nd Jul 2008, 15:02

Never thought I'd see the day where that makes 100% perfect sense.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 19:29
Back on topic...

Hehe. :D

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 20:24
Back on topic...

Yes, it's refreshing. :)

Artichokeinanutshell
4th Jul 2008, 07:52
wait...how does warren spector factor in? i thot he was the guy who did DX1&2...isnt he like the dude who came up with most of the ORIGINAL ideas in DX? but the post on "as long as Warren Spector doesn't go ANYWHERE near it." makes it very negative. ok i'm lost...or are we blaming him for DX2?

DXeXodus
4th Jul 2008, 08:31
wait...how does warren spector factor in? i thot he was the guy who did DX1&2...isnt he like the dude who came up with most of the ORIGINAL ideas in DX? but the post on "as long as Warren Spector doesn't go ANYWHERE near it." makes it very negative. ok i'm lost...or are we blaming him for DX2?

He was indeed the creator of the beautiful Deus Ex. He then gave the reigns to Harvey Smith for Deus Ex 2 and said "surprise me" which as most of us know didn't turn out too successfully. He now basically hates creating games like this and says stupid things which almost mock Deus Ex. I dont know how else to explain the situation. He still feels that the design decisions made in DX2, such as universal ammo and killing the skills system, were good ideas.

Go here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77497 and see a thread I posted about Warren.

PugPug
25th Jan 2009, 18:03
There may have already been a thread on this, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkXCE8CkNZU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD4xq7HpW-k

I'm particularly curious about the significance of Emile and the Golden Ratio, since they appear so often.

Were there any other really good analyses?

facepalm
25th Jan 2009, 18:20
I get depressed watching that video.

..we do not welcome augmented people here.. *shrugs*

Also, luls @ "it's not a prequel!"

Blade_hunter
25th Jan 2009, 18:23
Eh there is a post about that; plz make some research :hmm:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Jan 2009, 18:29
Yes, I've merged.

In fairness, it didn't seem to be in the list of 'important threads', so added that too. :)

Discussions regarding Emile, the Golden Ratio etc are in here and scattered around in other threads too.

PugPug
25th Jan 2009, 21:47
Yes, I've merged.

In fairness, it didn't seem to be in the list of 'important threads', so added that too. :)

Discussions regarding Emile, the Golden Ratio etc are in here and scattered around in other threads too.

Thanks. Question though. Why does my original thread redirect to this one instead:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74315

Eh there is a post about that; plz make some research :hmm:

My apologies, but I gave up using the search function on forums long, long ago. They almost never work properly. For what it's worth, I did read the entire first page of the forum and saw nothing. On most boards, that's a green light to make another topic.

iWait
25th Jan 2009, 22:12
He merged them

Thread 1 + Thread 2= Thread 3

If you try to go to thread 1 or 2, it redirects you to thread 3 since thread 1 and 2 don't exist anymore.

PugPug
26th Jan 2009, 01:12
He merged them

Thread 1 + Thread 2= Thread 3

If you try to go to thread 1 or 2, it redirects you to thread 3 since thread 1 and 2 don't exist anymore.

Actually, my original thread directs to a totally unrelated thread. Not this one, which is the one it was actually merged into.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
27th Jan 2009, 11:53
Oooh, LOL, my head hurts now. :nut: :D

Sorry about the redirects going all askew. I deleted them to save confusion. :)

He merged them...
I'm a 'she'... note the flower in my Omar hair-do. :p :D

MaxxQ1
27th Jan 2009, 15:02
Oooh, LOL, my head hurts now. :nut: :D

Sorry about the redirects going all askew. I deleted them to save confusion. :)

I'm a 'she'... note the flower in my Omar hair-do. :p :D

Omar have hair? :rasp:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jan 2009, 17:55
Of course, it is slicked back under the suit. ;) :p