PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Trailer!

Keir
19th Jun 2008, 08:14
Howdy guys!

I'm the bearer of good tidings - the first Battlestations: Pacific trailer will be up on Gamespot.com later today. It'll be AM for the US guys and PM for us European folk (and god knows what time that is for the Antipodeans :D )

Then on Friday the trailer will be available on a Pacific mini-site and we'll be firing a newsletter out.

F4F
19th Jun 2008, 09:13
:D cooooooooool:D

Are there some other infos about BSP??

billyfromhill
19th Jun 2008, 12:06
Just checked Gamespot and the trailer is not up yet. However, Gamespot puts the release date of BSP as Dec. 30, 2008

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 12:26
*dances around the room like squirrel ran up his pants leg* :D

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 12:41
Howdy guys!

I'm the bearer of good tidings - the first Battlestations: Pacific trailer will be up on Gamespot.com later today. It'll be AM for the US guys and PM for us European folk (and god knows what time that is for the Antipodeans :D )

Then on Friday the trailer will be available on a Pacific mini-site and we'll be firing a newsletter out.

You're @#$%TING ME

STFU KEIR MAKING ME....

...you're not kidding, are you? :eek:

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 12:50
I hope not. I just posted all over the web forums and news sites. :whistle:

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 14:23
I also put it up on BSMC.

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 14:34
I also put it up on BSMC.
:thumbsup:

Once it goes live I will post a front page news item on realworldgamer (not like anyone reads it :mad2: )

Colosseum
19th Jun 2008, 15:00
About damn time, wouldn't you say? :P

Awesome news.

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 15:36
About damn time, wouldn't you say? :P

Awesome news.

I'll say it's awesome when I see it.

Keir
19th Jun 2008, 16:17
Check BATTLESTATIONS.NET (http://battlestations.net/home/?lang=en)

Keir
19th Jun 2008, 16:21
That reminds me, I'll make a new Pacific forum next week, move a bunch of threads over there and get a nice header in place :)

-=)CSF(=-Akagi
19th Jun 2008, 16:33
awesome video KEIR!!
i hope we can play this soon!
the -=)CSF(=- is rdy to fight :rasp:
also we recruit 3-4 more skilled people for BSP & BSM
thx for info!
trailer is on csf website (http://www.cologne-streetfighter.de/include.php?path=forum/showthread.php&threadid=577&PHPKITSID=9c587d3564641f4e79d1844967c9af81) ^^

AKAGI out

Colosseum
19th Jun 2008, 16:45
Wow, that's awesome. Looks great. :D

I'll say it's awesome when I see it.
Alright, fine, be a stick in the mud about it.

-Incline-
19th Jun 2008, 17:32
'Bout dang time we got a trailer. Feels like I've been waiting years for this! :rolleyes:

Thanks a bunch, Keir! Looks awesome!

LORD BLACKFIRE
19th Jun 2008, 17:38
Spread the word. I messaged all my BS:M friends on Xbox Live today.

F4F
19th Jun 2008, 17:38
Are there some other trailers in future??

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 17:49
There's got to be. My only remark is the Shinden (sp?) which, as far as I know, didn't see a lot of combat...but the graphics look shiny for sure. My question is if the gameplay has changed significantly. If so...then I'm kind of worried.

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 18:03
Looks great.

Colosseum
19th Jun 2008, 18:26
There's got to be. My only remark is the Shinden (sp?) which, as far as I know, didn't see a lot of combat...but the graphics look shiny for sure. My question is if the gameplay has changed significantly. If so...then I'm kind of worried.

Does the gameplay *look* like it's changed significantly? No, it doesn't.

Keir
19th Jun 2008, 18:26
Spread the word. I messaged all my BS:M friends on Xbox Live today.

Yes, please do! Spread the good word!

Are there some other trailers in future??

Oh yes :)

Gameplay is enhanced and the tactical element is crucial - the guys at Hungary are so alert to the hardcore element of this game. We'll bring you more news in the future.

I'll bring you news of the next trailer release (and other more in depth assets) soon.

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 18:38
Is it my imagination or did I see one of teh planes side slip? (ie more accurate plane handling)

Updated the news and sent out to teh news sites.

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 19:00
Nuts! The Download doesn't work yet.

raston
19th Jun 2008, 19:57
Sry...i cant get excited over generated cut scenes......wheres the game play footage?
Who cares what it looks like in a "devs head"
Very dissapointing.

chip5541
19th Jun 2008, 20:07
My bet is that it did include gameplay in the trailer.

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 20:19
Not necessarily. Just look in the BSM trailers. I tell ya, those trailers sounded a lot more epic than BSM really is. They put the graphics higher, but threw in crazy camera angles that we would never experience without the free-flying camera feature. I'm partly with you - generated cutscenes don't impress me very much. TOO many games have looked shiny and then ended up playing like CRAP.

LORD BLACKFIRE
19th Jun 2008, 20:24
I posted the trailer news in the forums at TeamXbox and 1Up.com.

Keir already put it up in the forums at Xbox.com.

Lord help the new players if there's not a ranking system this time. I think they get discouraged a lot on Midway. (It doesn't help we kick them out of the room as soon as they do something really dumb like not turn their water damage on or just use a sub on Coral Sea - firing torps from halfway across the map.)

Arrow
19th Jun 2008, 20:26
I don't kick them, but I ensure that they're just being retards first by asking if they know what they're doing or, more accurately, how long they've been playing. If they play like an idiot but say they've been playing for over a year, I know they're really an idiot. The smart ones ADMIT they've been playing for a few short months.

battleshipman
19th Jun 2008, 21:14
Finally!!. But I would love to know if any was gameplay footage. Oh and was there a guy that went flying when the kamakazie hit at the end?

David603
20th Jun 2008, 02:16
Some of the trailer, particularly the shot of an Iowa taking a torpedo and the cockpit view from a Zero have already been released as screenshots. So either the current batch of screen shots have been heavily rendered or there is at least some gameplay footage in the trailer.

Colosseum
20th Jun 2008, 02:28
I noticed that as well... the whole time I was sort of thinking "I've already seen this". But whatever, at least they've given us something. :P

Shamrock
20th Jun 2008, 02:44
Man that trailer got me excited. So many improvements I seen just in that short trailer. I love the way guns fire one at a time now instead of 3 at once. Also it was awesome watching the BB jump in the water when the torp hit. I can't wait.:thumbsup:

David603
20th Jun 2008, 03:01
Looks like they are still using the BSM unit models. I really hope some one gets round to fixing the KGV and New York class models, both are way out for the hull shape.

Shamrock
20th Jun 2008, 03:53
I don't kick them, but I ensure that they're just being retards first by asking if they know what they're doing or, more accurately, how long they've been playing. If they play like an idiot but say they've been playing for over a year, I know they're really an idiot. The smart ones ADMIT they've been playing for a few short months.

I wish they put a little mark or medal next to peoples names in the lobby that finished the tutorial. At least then you would know the guy has some idea what they are doing.

David603
20th Jun 2008, 06:00
I hope the trailer get put up on Live Marketplace. It would be nice to be able to see this in HD rather than in a tiny window in the centre of the screen.

achtung bb
20th Jun 2008, 12:46
AWESOME cant wait -gonna get it fot the pc and my 360

andy3536
20th Jun 2008, 13:29
Still no gameplay footage and the in cockpit view i so liked from the screenshots looks like it's taken from an in game video so no idea if thats going to be in the game now.

More questions than answers with that one i'm afraid, gameplay footage please.

David603
20th Jun 2008, 14:45
The cockpit view was confirmed earlier. Time (or E3) will show whether I'm right or not, but considering all the BSM trailers turned out to be gameplay, I think this trailer is gameplay, although rendered. All the features shown have been listed as gameplay improvements, and the new intelligent figures on deck could have been adapted from the landing troops which would need to show some individual intelligence. The graphics look great, but not to an extent that they look beyond the capabilities the xbox 360 or a gaming pc.

Arrow
20th Jun 2008, 15:44
I wish they put a little mark or medal next to peoples names in the lobby that finished the tutorial. At least then you would know the guy has some idea what they are doing.

Really, they just shouldn't let players go online at all until they've finished the tutorial. Sure it might be annoying for us veterans, but at least we'll be able to breeze through the tutorial once and then be able to play like normal.

andy3536
20th Jun 2008, 15:59
The cockpit view was confirmed earlier. Time (or E3) will show whether I'm right or not, but considering all the BSM trailers turned out to be gameplay, I think this trailer is gameplay, although rendered. All the features shown have been listed as gameplay improvements, and the new intelligent figures on deck could have been adapted from the landing troops which would need to show some individual intelligence. The graphics look great, but not to an extent that they look beyond the capabilities the xbox 360 or a gaming pc.

This trailer clearly isn't gameplay, it's parts of the different in game video clips stuck together.

colstorm3
20th Jun 2008, 16:29
Sry...i cant get excited over generated cut scenes......wheres the game play footage?
Who cares what it looks like in a "devs head"
Very dissapointing.
I agree....Their is no new information here.If it doesn't have ingame voice communication,its a failure.

chip5541
20th Jun 2008, 17:38
How about a hi-def trailer to take in all the goodness: http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/30927/PC/Battlestations-Pacific

David603
20th Jun 2008, 18:17
This trailer clearly isn't gameplay, it's parts of the different in game video clips stuck together.
Should have said in game, not gameplay but you get the gist of what I said.

battleshipman
20th Jun 2008, 21:09
Really, they just shouldn't let players go online at all until they've finished the tutorial. Sure it might be annoying for us veterans, but at least we'll be able to breeze through the tutorial once and then be able to play like normal.

Screw that, I never played the tutorial and I turned out fine.

xgamerms999
20th Jun 2008, 22:25
That was sweet, I saw the oka, but I could of sworn I saw a jet fighter (or oka firing on F4Us...) anyone know wtf it is/was?

Arrow
20th Jun 2008, 22:57
The only other plane I saw was the Shinden (sp?)

-Incline-
21st Jun 2008, 00:07
Yeah, we were right about the Shinden being included.

I remember a while back a screen was posted, and someone asked what the silhouette of one plane was...We were right about it being the Shinden. =P

David603
21st Jun 2008, 18:05
Anyone noticed the Japanese sub at the start of the trailer isn't a Type-B? If anyone can identify it then we've got another confirmed unit for BSP.

andy3536
21st Jun 2008, 18:21
I assumed it was type A

Interesting pics off pearl http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/HURL/midget.html

Colosseum
21st Jun 2008, 19:20
Of course it's not a Type B. Type B is the I-58 class of submarine. The midget submarine is called the Type A.

David603
21st Jun 2008, 20:03
Of course it's not a Type B. Type B is the I-58 class of submarine. The midget submarine is called the Type A.
I was talking about the launch sub, not the mini sub. And the Type B is the I-15 class, not the I-58 class. The launch submarine shown in the trailer is not a Type B as featured in BSM, so it looks like there will be a new type of Japanese full sized sub.

Colosseum
21st Jun 2008, 20:10
Yeah, I meant B3, my bad.

B1 is the I-15. Can you tell what sort of new sub it is?

David603
21st Jun 2008, 20:47
Looks like a Type C, and since its launching a mini sub its probably the C1 varient. The five C1s were the only ones equiped to carry midget subs, and were used for the Pearl Harbour attack so they would be an obvious choice for a new sub.
Type C1 specs,
Length: 358ft
Displacement: 3,560 tons
Armament: 8x24in torpedo tubes, all mounted forward, 1x5.5in gun, 1x.50cal machine gun
Speed: 23.5kts surfaced/8kts submerged
Mounting for one midget sub.

And for comparison, the Type B1 and Narwhal classes.
Type B1,
Lengh: 356ft
Displacement: 3,650 tons
Armament: 6x24in torpedo tubes, all mounted forward, 1x5.5in deck gun, 1x.50cal machine gun
Speed: 24kts surfaced/8kts submerged
One E14Y seaplane in forward hangar, sometimes replaced by another 5.5in gun.

Narwhal,
Lengh: 371ft
Displacement: 3,900tons
Armament: 6x21in torpedo tubes, 4 forward and 2 aft, 2x6in deck guns, 1x.50cal machine gun
Speed: 14kts surfaced/6.5kts submerged

Hopefully the Type B will get its seaplane and hangar this time round to differentiate the two types.

LORD BLACKFIRE
22nd Jun 2008, 16:15
Subsim.com has posted the news too.

Check out the site. It keeps track of all naval gaming news, actual news items about navies around the world, and posts reviews of various games, books, etc.
http://www.subsim.com/index.php

raston
28th Jun 2008, 11:49
Gameshadow just released the same vid{a bit behind the times}.....
I got all excited and then found its the same vid,but then i got a bit depressed.Just chk out what they say about a release date!
Oh dear.:mad2:

http://www.gameshadow.com/gamepedia/content.php?content_type_id=0&game_id=2899&game_name=Battlestations_Pacific

-=)CSF(=-Akagi
28th Jun 2008, 12:19
Damn....:mad2: this means we wait 8 months again :mad2:

David603
28th Jun 2008, 12:43
Damn indeed. And this looks very much like they have the official release date, after all they are the only site that is showing the boxart.

Arrow
28th Jun 2008, 12:50
I was really expecting some kind of delay. From my experience of making games with Game Maker, it's pretty hard for me to guess when I finish a project - and that's a stupid little sprite thing. Something as large and complicated as BSP, they must be just throwing out dates almost at random.

Red October
28th Jun 2008, 13:53
I was really expecting some kind of delay. From my experience of making games with Game Maker, it's pretty hard for me to guess when I finish a project - and that's a stupid little sprite thing. Something as large and complicated as BSP, they must be just throwing out dates almost at random.

No Arrow, from my eperience with working with activision on CoD2. Our relesese date came from the sales department not dev. and the game is offically done and realsed three months early of the release date to manufacturing. So around October the game will be completely done, and will be on its way to the CD plants.

David603
28th Jun 2008, 15:32
No Arrow, from my eperience with working with activision on CoD2. Our relesese date came from the sales department not dev. and the game is offically done and realsed three months early of the release date to manufacturing. So around October the game will be completely done, and will be on its way to the CD plants.
Strange. From what I've heard, COD2 was a bit rushed at the end to meet the Xbox 360 launch. But if you were working on the PC version then I guess since it came out on PC first and was then ported to the 360 this must have been what happened.

sstoffels
28th Jun 2008, 15:33
march sounds ok that was that a big gaming site they might be gusseing

Arrow
28th Jun 2008, 17:33
It still seems like a shot in the dark for me. I've never even heard of these guys until now, and to think that they have more data than, say, Gamespot or IGN? Seems far-fetched to say the least.

David603
28th Jun 2008, 18:52
It still seems like a shot in the dark for me. I've never even heard of these guys until now, and to think that they have more data than, say, Gamespot or IGN? Seems far-fetched to say the least.
They have a very official looking set of boxart, which to my knowledge Gamaespot and IGN lack.

battleshipman
28th Jun 2008, 19:29
That "boxart" could very easily be photo shoped(and it looks it to me, the BS:P logo looks cartoonish while the games for windows section seems dull, like it came from somewhere else). If you play the trailer, on the screen where you chose the country, it looks as if they just dropped around the zero and the battlestations pacific logo and added the rating and eidos logo.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7160/bspmh2.jpg

This doesn't mean I think its going to come out sooner, but march of 09? They will probably lose what fanbase they have left if it takes them that long to release it.

EDIT:I stole the image from the frontpage of the CSF website, because I cant seem to upload any images or movies.

It3llig3nc3
28th Jun 2008, 23:35
Well I'm glad to see that some news surfaced about this game.

The interview that can be read on Gamespot reveals some really revolutionary improvements over the current BS:M.
Unfortunately there were little mention of multiplayer features so I'm still worried if that will make a cut.

Anyways I have high expectations but all I can say is if they deliver half of what the article mentions it will be a much better game than it's predecessor.

GO GO EIDOS...

Red October
29th Jun 2008, 01:51
That "boxart" could very easily be photo shoped(and it looks it to me, the BS:P logo looks cartoonish while the games for windows section seems dull, like it came from somewhere else). If you play the trailer, on the screen where you chose the country, it looks as if they just dropped around the zero and the battlestations pacific logo and added the rating and eidos logo.
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7160/bspmh2.jpg

This doesn't mean I think its going to come out sooner, but march of 09? They will probably lose what fanbase they have left if it takes them that long to release it.

EDIT:I stole the image from the frontpage of the CSF website, because I cant seem to upload any images or movies.

March O9 :mad2: :mad2: That is suicide!! The origanall release date was perfect being right after Christmas. That has to be made up. usually sales wants a game out as soon as possible.:confused:

sstoffels
30th Jun 2008, 18:23
don't kill your self it will not be that late i say january at the latest

Red October
30th Jun 2008, 19:47
don't kill your self it will not be that late i say january at the latest

Don't worry:) i mean it will be suicide for the edios with the fan base they would loose.

japfighter
21st Aug 2008, 21:19
oh and what about the demo. if they release a demo version hope it works for pc because the bs:m demo doesent even work.and also i hope its a single player demo not a multiplayer demo.

M0n3y
22nd Aug 2008, 08:18
and also i hope its a single player demo not a multiplayer demo.

how about both?
1 SP mission and 1 MP map

andy3536
22nd Aug 2008, 18:21
how about both?
1 SP mission and 1 MP map

Never happen, you'll get i mission either mp or sp. The idea is to give you a tast of the game not a sizable lump of it.;)

Thedivingmongoose
22nd Aug 2008, 19:48
Never happen, you'll get i mission either mp or sp. The idea is to give you a tast of the game not a sizable lump of it.;)

Then it really depends on how pilled BSP is. You might get a fairly handsome dollop. The real reason a SP and MP level on BSM would be too much is the limited amount of single player and multiplayer maps it had to offer.

If BSP, on the other hand, has more of a "skirmish" or such then they could simply make a fixed game (unable to modify) and put it in there as a singleplayer level along with a multiplayer level.....

....and if that still seems like too much you can limit it even further by putting one out of the five (or four) different game types to go with that particular multiplayer level. I don't think that would be too much at all.

M0n3y
23rd Aug 2008, 07:17

BA:2 got an SP and MP demo, so why not here?

Arrow
23rd Aug 2008, 16:02
FEAR has an MP demo and an SP demo in two separate downloads, so that's always a possibility too.

Although the question is, will enough people want it? That's a question only Eidos can decide on.

M0n3y
24th Aug 2008, 07:24
FEAR has an MP demo and an SP demo in two separate downloads, so that's always a possibility too.

same has GRAW2
and that works good :)

Eagle1Division
9th Sep 2008, 00:39
Hmm... is this new or has nobody gone on youtube and searched: Battlestations Pacific? Look at results 5-7.

You'll find a few surprises. I noticed they have new and better graphics, though some of the emitter/particle effects could use some work, they also rotate WITH the turrets... Love that they've kept the music, though.

Can't wait for it to come out :P.

Arrow
9th Sep 2008, 01:05
Hmm... is this new or has nobody gone on youtube and searched: Battlestations Pacific? Look at results 5-7.

Of course I have! Those are on MY YouTube! XP

Eagle1Division
9th Sep 2008, 17:05
Noticed that after I posted :P.
I skimmed over it and didn't see any referances or links so I decided to post them.

japfighter
10th Sep 2008, 00:47
i have some battlestations pacific vids on my channel to XP

bsm
16th Oct 2008, 12:24
Looks like a Type C, and since its launching a mini sub its probably the C1 varient. The five C1s were the only ones equiped to carry midget subs, and were used for the Pearl Harbour attack so they would be an obvious choice for a new sub.
Type C1 specs,
Length: 358ft
Displacement: 3,560 tons
Armament: 8x24in torpedo tubes, all mounted forward, 1x5.5in gun, 1x.50cal machine gun
Speed: 23.5kts surfaced/8kts submerged
Mounting for one midget sub.

And for comparison, the Type B1 and Narwhal classes.
Type B1,
Lengh: 356ft
Displacement: 3,650 tons
Armament: 6x24in torpedo tubes, all mounted forward, 1x5.5in deck gun, 1x.50cal machine gun
Speed: 24kts surfaced/8kts submerged
One E14Y seaplane in forward hangar, sometimes replaced by another 5.5in gun.

Narwhal,
Lengh: 371ft
Displacement: 3,900tons
Armament: 6x21in torpedo tubes, 4 forward and 2 aft, 2x6in deck guns, 1x.50cal machine gun
Speed: 14kts surfaced/6.5kts submerged

Hopefully the Type B will get its seaplane and hangar this time round to differentiate the two types.

U know what i noticed that all the japaneze ships/sub are slow and the only reason they did that is because the japs were WAY better:)

Jack459
16th Oct 2008, 18:46
U know what i noticed that all the japaneze ships/sub are slow and the only reason they did that is because the japs were WAY better:)

Would you care to elaborate. Im not sure that I understand your post. If your referring to the game, both the submarine types in BSM have identical characteristics.