PDA

View Full Version : Comments for TR Fan Fic "Idol Of Death"

Tomb-Dude
18th Jun 2008, 22:38
This thread is for comments on my TR Fan Fic, Post your responces so far and what you are really enjoying and maybe some faults to pick if you want which I can possibly change later on in the Fan Fic.
I'm Creating this thread mainly for the new people who are possibly going to read the fan fic and don't have to skip pages of comments just to get to the next part.

So yeah, comment about what you like and well things like that. :D

TombRaiderPrincess
20th Jun 2008, 13:55
OMG your story is AWESOME!! I can't wait for the next part!!

*after reading the next part*

Kurtis stole her guns again? Bloody idiot. Doesn't he know that Lara's gonna punched his face off. I can just imagen him afterwards...

Kurtis: Yay! Now I have some guns to put in these rarely used gun holders! *gasp* I might even look a little less stupid! Next stop, haircut!!!:lmao:

Anywayz love the story don't stop writing!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Woo five out of five thumbs up! (How did I get so many thumbs:scratch: )

(Now, back to the important matter of GIVING THAT FREAKING LOSER KURTIS A HAIRCUT!!!!!)

Tomb-Dude
20th Jun 2008, 13:57
Next part will be up tonight sometime, and if i remember there is action in it. Pots twists are going to happen during this book (almost wrote game then :lol:)

So as always expect the unexpected.

LaraCroftRox
20th Jun 2008, 14:02
OMG your story is AWESOME!! I can't wait for the next part!!

*after reading the next part*

Kurtis stole her guns again? Bloody idiot. Doesn't he know that Lara's gonna punched his face off. I can just imagen him afterwards...

Kurtis: Yay! Now I have some guns to put in these rarely used gun holders! *gasp* I might even look a little less stupid! Next stop, haircut!!!:lmao:

Anywayz love the story don't stop writing!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Woo five out of five thumbs up! (How did I get so many thumbs:scratch: )

(Now, back to the important matter of GIVING THAT FREAKING LOSER KURTIS A HAIRCUT!!!!!)

Lolz, His haircut is terrible, Tomb-Dude You could give him a haircut and Lara will be like: 'You know I always wished you cut your hair. It stuck together. So good for you' *Shoots Kurtis*
Ahh, wishfull thinking....

Tomb-Dude, Now you've left school have you thought about getting this story published? I'm serious, It's that good. :thumbsup:

P.S: Me and TombRaiderPrincess are Kurtis haters... Which you probaly noticed. :lol:

Tomb-Dude
20th Jun 2008, 14:14
Yeah well, hoping you will like him in thjis story is he isn't really the same person but is. He is how i will picture him, better sort of thing but just enjoy :D
And no not going to publish this as it is copyright due to eidos and core and CD sort of thing, if i ever did would have to get permission. lol

Tomb-Dude
23rd Jun 2008, 11:26
Next part has been up a while now and no comments :scratch:
Need some feed back before i post up the next bit if you really want it :)
I need to go back and read it my self to be honest, but please keep on sending feed back good and bad.

TombRaiderPrincess
30th Jun 2008, 13:52
Hi, me again.

If you can't publish this why don't you get a job at game-making-ness. 'Idol of Death' has a really great storyline and it would be quite fun watching her melt as one of the deaths...:rolleyes:

Anywayz don't stop writing or I'll have to break something and it will be all your FAULT!! :nut:

LaraCroftRox
30th Jun 2008, 14:05
Hi, me again.

If you can't publish this why don't you get a job at game-making-ness. 'Idol of Death' has a really great storyline and it would be quite fun watching her melt as one of the deaths...:rolleyes:

Anywayz don't stop writing or I'll have to break something and it will be all your FAULT!! :nut:

Oh Beth, your un-banned! Welcome back. Hope you dont get banned again for threatening Tomb-Dude. :lol: Just kidding. :D

Tomb-Dude
30th Jun 2008, 14:14
Next part shall be up soonage... :rasp:
Need to find it again, you have read the lastest bit right :scratch:
With Kurtis and Lara and things like that?

LaraCroftRox
30th Jun 2008, 14:23
Next part shall be up soonage... :rasp:
Need to find it again, you have read the lastest bit right :scratch:

Yep, sorry I still dont like Kurtis but that last part is really good. :thumbsup: I tried to write my own magic-realism story about Lara and it was terrible. :lol:

TombRaiderPrincess
30th Jun 2008, 14:26

Yeah I read it about a week ago. Thats a really amazing description by the way.

Yep, sorry I still dont like Kurtis but that last part is really good. :thumbsup: I tried to write my own magic-realism story about Lara and it was terrible. :lol:

It was not terrible. Ans I know its not terrible because not is in italic!!

Hahaha I win:nut:

LaraCroftRox
30th Jun 2008, 14:32
Yeah I read it about a week ago. Thats a really amazing description by the way.

It was not terrible. Ans I know its not terrible because not is in italic!!

Hahaha I win:nut:

You spell terrible Beth, What? :rasp:

TombRaiderPrincess
30th Jun 2008, 14:33
'It was not terrible. And I know its not terrible because not is in italic!!'

Wierdo:nut:

Tomb-Dude
30th Jun 2008, 15:40
Next part is up now, hope you enjoy it. For those who are reading my story :lol:

naraku
1st Jul 2008, 05:48
Next part is up now, hope you enjoy it. For those who are reading my story :lol:
I must admit I have only recently become aware of you're story. Mainly cause I've been too busy writing my own. What I have read so far is fantastic. I too am curious if people read mine. I was kinda wondering if you could read it and tell me what you think of it. Mind you it doesn't have much of anything to do with the Legend, Anniversary and possibly Underworlds story lines. If it's not too much to ask from a fellow TR fan fic forumite:thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
1st Jul 2008, 08:37
Yeah sure i don't mind. I'll do that.
Just PM me when your reading, i'll read it obviously on word and if there is any editing which i see. I will correct it and send it back.
But i would be more then happy to read it for you.

TombRaiderPrincess
1st Jul 2008, 09:53
Oh. My. God.
Just read the new part. Much too short. Learn to right quicker. Suspence kills:)

Seriously though, I must know what happens.:nut:

TwinPistols
1st Jul 2008, 10:04
Your story is awesome, Tomb-dude with lots of suspense. when i read it my eyes get stuck in the screen. can't wait for the next part!

Tomb-Dude
1st Jul 2008, 13:44
As long as the new people are reading form the begining and not spoiling from the newest parts then im fine.
Writting the next bit now got a paragraph so far, still hoping to make the kurtis haters forget about old kurtis and like the new kurtis :D

TombRaiderPrincess
1st Jul 2008, 14:01
Writting the next bit now got a paragraph so far, still hoping to make the kurtis haters forget about old kurtis and like the new kurtis :D

I guess its working but I've writen 22 pages on Why To Hate Kurtis Trent. I'm not gonna forget him that easily.:( Oh well.

Great job on the story by the way.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Any luck on the whole job-in-game-story-line-making-up-ness-finding yet?

Tomb-Dude
1st Jul 2008, 14:06
If you ever see my name as the story creater for Tomb Raider in the near future then you will know how my business is going.
That would be amazing if that happened but dreams are just dreams :(

Tomb-Dude
29th Jul 2008, 18:05
Next part for my Tomb Raider Fan fic is now up and running people.

TwinPistols
29th Jul 2008, 20:04
The last part brings too many questions!:eek: Amanda mentioned Natla, is this story connected with the "Seventh Age" thing?

Don't stop, Tomb-Dude!

Tomb-Dude
29th Jul 2008, 20:08
Questions and many more questions :lmao: Perfect!!!! :cool:

TwinPistols
29th Jul 2008, 20:22
Questions and many more questions :lmao: Perfect!!!! :cool:

A perfect tomb Raider indeed, but please give at some point the answers! Cliffhangers like the ones fo TRLegend can be annoying.

Tomb-Dude
29th Jul 2008, 20:25
The question's get answered in this trust me. And in some way you don't expect :) thats what i'm planning. ;)

TwinPistols
29th Jul 2008, 20:34
I see... You want make people look like :eek: after reading the story, right? right now I am :confused: :eek:

Tomb-Dude
29th Jul 2008, 20:39
That exactly what im indending whilst people are reading it. I just read the next part i'm going to be posting soon and it needs some editing. But i think your going to be like "what the hell?"

TombRaiderPrincess
30th Jul 2008, 11:23
What the hell! Sooo many cliffhangers and questions, and the fact that Amanda's a good evil baddie(woo).

Whens the next part out? I'm hooked!:D

Tomb-Dude
30th Jul 2008, 11:37
Next part soon ;) Maybe today sometime if your lucky :rolleyes:

TombRaiderPrincess
30th Jul 2008, 11:51
Woo!

Tomb-Dude
31st Jul 2008, 12:12
I knew i should have posted it last night.

Don't expect it anytime today as my PC decided to die. *fingers croseed dad can fix it when he comes home*
It's on my memory stick but my dad's word document and the one i'm using arn't the same so they are uncompatable. Soooo... Sorry guys and girls.

blonde croft
30th Aug 2008, 18:03
OMG i love the story! it took me a long time to read it though! lol
see you are good a writing!

Tomb-Dude
30th Aug 2008, 19:04
Thanks i seriously need to go through what i have written on my memory stick, but don't expect anything Tomb Raider ish. I've tried to change it slightly but still keep it with that little bit of searching for the Artefact :)

joeyjunior
31st Aug 2008, 09:14
How long do you think the story will be from here?

Tomb-Dude
1st Sep 2008, 09:57
I haven't been able to properly look at it. Am planning to look from where I left off but i think the next part you wont be expecting, it's not very actiony but it explain quite a bit i think.

joeyjunior
1st Sep 2008, 13:13
okay, but please tell me it will be soon, im DYING of excitment:lmao:

Arctic
1st Sep 2008, 19:15
I've just read the story until now. Really good job, Jake. I'm looking forward to see the next part :D It would be a perfect story for a movie. Maybe an animated movie ;)

Tomb-Dude
1st Sep 2008, 21:54
Lol thanks - Yeah well if it ever does get made into anything I better get some money :lol:
I think i tried to do it more movie like because just going round the tomb's is a bit hard to write, every bit of detail climbing the rock and everything like that.
Having these bits which seem a bit more like cutscenes all in one thing is my sort of style of writting a TR Fan Fic.

Arctic
2nd Sep 2008, 07:12
Yeah, it's also the way to keep it interesting to read. If there was a lot of details about Lara swinging on a pole, running, jumping, climbing etc. it would be pretty boring.
I like the way, you're writing it :D

Tomb-Dude
2nd Sep 2008, 09:33
Thank you Arctic.

Ok I shall be looking at it sometime today possibly now sinse i have got some time. Before my work interview. :D

joeyjunior
2nd Sep 2008, 09:45
Yeah, it's also the way to keep it interesting to read. If there was a lot of details about Lara swinging on a pole, running, jumping, climbing etc. it would be pretty boring.
I like the way, you're writing it :D

Yeah, i couldnt have said it better myself.

KEEP ON WRITTING:D

Tomb-Dude
2nd Sep 2008, 09:49
Next part is up,comment on it please. :)

joeyjunior
2nd Sep 2008, 09:51
Next part is up,comment on it please. :)

ah finally (not to rush on you)

its AWESOME:thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
2nd Sep 2008, 09:52
Cheers I had to change on bit because i thought it sounded rediculas.
But now the question is, where has Lara been ;)

joeyjunior
2nd Sep 2008, 10:09
well until you say it, its only you who know it.

Tomb-Dude
2nd Sep 2008, 10:12
Yup and that's the power i love of writting. The questions that comes with every part you read.

Arctic
2nd Sep 2008, 11:25
Awesome part. I guess Lara has been... in.. Avalon? :lol: Haha.. Oh well, I don't know :p
I really love the story! I can't understand how it's possible to come up with such good ideas! And by the way, I liked the way you slowly introduced Kurtis. I've been thinking a lot about how the perfect way for him to return would be. Seems like you've found the perfect way :D

Tomb-Dude
2nd Sep 2008, 12:12
I liked Kurtis he could have done betterand i tried my way of how i see a character with protensial.
What about this guy ;) We don't even know his name yet mwhahahah!!! :p

TwinPistols
2nd Sep 2008, 18:29
Great work, Tomb-Dude!
:thumbsup:

Arctic
3rd Sep 2008, 18:22
I liked Kurtis he could have done betterand i tried my way of how i see a character with protensial.
What about this guy ;) We don't even know his name yet mwhahahah!!! :p

We don't. But you do :lol: Unless you haven't thought of any name for him yet ;)
I like Kurtis too, but yeah, he could have done better, and I like the way you've slightly changed his personality. Now he's really cool :D

joeyjunior
5th Sep 2008, 13:35
i just read throw the story again and now i cant wait till the new part comes:D

Arctic
7th Sep 2008, 21:15
TD.. Do you have any idea about when the next part will be finished? :)

Tomb-Dude
8th Sep 2008, 15:26
It is finished but i've just started college so it will be up soon don't worry. Was thinknig about last night but decided not to for some strange reason :scratch:

Arctic
9th Sep 2008, 14:40
It's ok. I don't mean to rush you. I was just curious ;)
I'm looking forward to see the next part :D

Raindrops Melody
9th Sep 2008, 14:43
I can't wait!!!!:D *jumps up & down*

joeyjunior
9th Sep 2008, 16:25
im really looking forward to it... hey tessa, did you convince your parents?

Arctic
9th Sep 2008, 16:45
Hm? About what?

joeyjunior
9th Sep 2008, 16:46
her parents dont like forums:(

Arctic
10th Sep 2008, 14:07
Ah.. Right, I remember reading that somewhere.

Raindrops Melody
10th Sep 2008, 14:08
@JJ - no:whistle: :o not till they say something...:o

Tomb-Dude
10th Sep 2008, 21:34
I love how the conversation is about my fan fic. Expect tomorrow sometimes *fingers crossed* As well as points for Screeny Comp. Busy day tomorrow so if Fan fic isn't up I apologize :o

joeyjunior
11th Sep 2008, 12:59
ok then, when will you post it... im DYING!;)

Tomb-Dude
11th Sep 2008, 13:52
very soon don't worry just about to do points for the competition. Then gonna read part of fan fic and then post it :D

Just don't expect anything full of action. It's more something for the story then anything else.

joeyjunior
11th Sep 2008, 14:06
very soon don't worry just about to do points for the competition. Then gonna read part of fan fic and then post it :D

Just don't expect anything full of action. It's more something for the story then anything else.

what competition?

Tomb-Dude
11th Sep 2008, 14:30
Next part is up :D

joeyjunior
11th Sep 2008, 14:40
YAY:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tomb-Dude
11th Sep 2008, 15:14
Comments please... :D

TwinPistols
11th Sep 2008, 16:01
Your story is so cool, Tomb-Dude!
I liked the presence of Tihocan and Lara going back to the past.
You're a very good writer, never stop writing!

joeyjunior
11th Sep 2008, 16:43
please keep the story up, it is just SO COOL:D

Arctic
11th Sep 2008, 18:16
Whoo! *Goes to read the next part* :D

Tomb-Dude
11th Sep 2008, 18:21
Hey thanks - It was very differcult for me to put in Tihocan in my mind i see him as a good guy from what we saw on Anniversary. And blending the artifact to the past with the future was a tough descion also, making it all fit in. And how it appeared there. But now we know that past linked with future (well in my book) is possible certain things happened because your future self made them. like lara said "It's a continuious loop of my life".

But yeah, it was a very imaginative thing i had and i'm glad it worked well with you guys :D and girls ;)

Arctic
11th Sep 2008, 18:25
I just read it. I love the part. You've really been thinking a lot about this story, haven't you? ;)

Tomb-Dude
11th Sep 2008, 18:56
Yes i have been thinking. It's more differcult then it seems doing a tomb raider story its like argh!!!! *pulls out hair*

Amanada being a good baddy.
Random guy
Tihocan
Kurtis
:nut:
Sciona being mentioned.
This Idol which needs the gems and the Stone from peru (which amanda had) and excalibar's power to activate it. It has things which any known person would want to know and at the same time it's kill everyone.

joeyjunior
12th Sep 2008, 11:43
it would be SO awesome if CD made a game of this.

joeyjunior
15th Sep 2008, 11:58
when will you put up the next part?

"IM SO EXITED, And i just cant hide it":D :D

Tomb-Dude
15th Sep 2008, 16:15
Hey Joey - Yeah it would be cool if it was made into a game but how would they incorperate the gameplay I don't know. I'm only basicly doing the cutscenes :p
Would earn me some money ;)

But also next part will be soon, need to work it around college so maybe thursday :scratch: Perhaps :)

joeyjunior
16th Sep 2008, 14:12
ok, so exited.
i actually never thought this way of a book before. this is just so AWESOME, its different to read than books you get from school library. DAMN i love this story:D

Arctic
16th Sep 2008, 18:49
it would be SO awesome if CD made a game of this.

It certainly would ;)
You've never felt like this about a book before? Hmm.. You should try to read some more exciting books then :lol: I love reading!

Tomb-Dude
16th Sep 2008, 19:07
ok, so exited.
i actually never thought this way of a book before. this is just so AWESOME, its different to read than books you get from school library. DAMN i love this story:D

Lol thanks :o

Well maybe tr9 might be about this some how :whistle: *hint hint CD ;) *

Arctic
16th Sep 2008, 19:14
Really, TD. You should send your story to them!

Tomb-Dude
16th Sep 2008, 20:10
I seriously doubt they would take it up to be honest. They probally already got plans for the possible TR9.

But hey if they are interested for a stroy they can contact me and pay for me to get over to CD and work over there on the story and cinematics. ;)

Arctic
16th Sep 2008, 20:14
Yeah, you're right. I think they're already working on the next TR storyline.

TD, if you get a job at CD, then you'll have to take me with you! :lol: I would just love working at CD! Imagine to work with TR everyday :eek: :D It must be cool :cool:
And they certainly could use your story for a game!

Tomb-Dude
16th Sep 2008, 20:16
since i'm blending it in with the Avalon and i mentioned the scions and it has mentioned excalibar etc. But then again apperently the mother story will be finished in this game:( So then mine couldn't work that well unless they changed it to her father to be honest? Which would be interesting, find out what happened to him. I just thought of another book to write :lol:

Arctic
16th Sep 2008, 20:27
Haha. Well. It would be possible to use some parts of your story, wouldn't it? ;)

Tomb-Dude
16th Sep 2008, 20:28
Haha. Well. It would be possible to use some parts of your story, wouldn't it? ;)

Still would be cool if CD hired me for just one game :lol: I would like WOW you guys are gonna love it!!!!!!!!!! It's amazing!!!!!!!!!! WOW... OMG I wish i could tell you so much but i can't it's amazing... OMG!!!!!!

I would actually be able to focus i would just keep asking if i could be the game tester :whistle:

Arctic
16th Sep 2008, 20:47
:lol: Oh I would love them if they make your story into a game. And if they hired you for all the cinematics! :D I really like the return of Kurtis. And Lara is so funny and cool at the same time in your story. It's actually really well done ;)

_Love2Raid_
16th Sep 2008, 21:29
Hey!!

This might be a stupid question, but where exactly can I find this story??

joeyjunior
17th Sep 2008, 06:12
Hey!!

This might be a stupid question, but where exactly can I find this story??

right here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77097&page=3 (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77097&page=1)

joeyjunior
22nd Sep 2008, 11:22
Hey Joey - Yeah it would be cool if it was made into a game but how would they incorperate the gameplay I don't know. I'm only basicly doing the cutscenes :p
Would earn me some money ;)

But also next part will be soon, need to work it around college so maybe thursday :scratch: Perhaps :)

COMMON T-Dude... i cant wait, its been four days since you said it would be up... WHEN IS IT COMMING? i tottally cant wait for it!

Arctic
24th Sep 2008, 16:21
Oh easy now, JJ (can I call you that?). Give the poor guy some spare time :lol:
I'm sure he has a lot of homeworks too.. I know I do :whistle:

joeyjunior
24th Sep 2008, 17:13
sure you can call me JJ (or just joey, i really dont care)

well i now, to bad for you, i have non cuz i just finnished projekt week:rasp:
(i hope i get 10, or a- i think its called):D

Tomb-Dude
24th Sep 2008, 17:51
Edit: Sorry no i didn't lmao. I worked on my fanfiction did many more pages on it in fact! Shall be up today i think now be up soon just got to check where i got to first

joeyjunior
25th Sep 2008, 10:36
Just ONE word of the new story piece:

AWESOME!!!:D

Arctic
25th Sep 2008, 21:57
well i now, to bad for you, i have non cuz i just finnished projekt week:rasp:
(i hope i get 10, or a- i think its called):D

Ooh! Well since I'm from DK too, I understand 10 - I don't know about all those a's and b's and so on.. I think they're confusing. I hope for you, that you'll get 10 too :) Or 12! :D Our project week is in December. I'm looking forward to hear the subject for it.

Is the next part up? Whoo! I gotta read it :D

Edit: Awesome work, Jake :) The story is getting more and more exciting :D

Tomb-Dude
26th Sep 2008, 10:36
Do tell me if it's need more explaining and i will try and explain it here. As much as i possibly can.
It is really differcult peicing it from my brain into words and fitting all of these different parts of different character and games to make one big thing which is the worst thing that has happened in Lara life. Even worse (i hope) then the up coming game :)

I'll just talk about it anyways what I had in my mind.
I wanted to create something with this one that would link with anniversary and legend for a possible upcoming game/movie idea. But either link it before or after or with underworld (if that one wasn't coming out) but also with old ones.

Do you think it is a good idea i put excalibar and the stone from pariso in the storyline? Honest answer?

And linking it with Tihocan from the past to the futre to sort of thing? :scratch:

Got ideas but it's just so hard. But i Have the perfect ending it's like :eek: Omg, did that just happen sort of thing :p

joeyjunior
26th Sep 2008, 11:43
sure you can put those elements in, thats what make it different and exciting:D

Tomb-Dude
26th Sep 2008, 14:09
Take it a different tomb raider is good :D
Not too complicated for you then ;)

joeyjunior
26th Sep 2008, 14:11
nah

Tomb-Dude
26th Sep 2008, 14:14
That is good too hear, next part might be up next week sometime (possibly) or sometime this weekend depending really. Need to check through the lastest part (can't remember it :lol: )

joeyjunior
26th Sep 2008, 14:20
lol

Arctic
27th Sep 2008, 10:19
Do you think it is a good idea i put excalibar and the stone from pariso in the storyline? Honest answer?

And linking it with Tihocan from the past to the futre to sort of thing? :scratch:

Sure. We don't know much about the stone from Paraiso, so I think it's a brilliant idea to put it in the story.
Excalibur is a good idea too. We didn't get very much time in Legend to find out what we really can do with it. It opens the 'portal' to Avalon, but maybe there's more? I don't think Excalibur should be totally forgotten already, so good idea to put it in the story too.

The Tihocan-thing is complicated, but good. You're linking a lot of things in Tomb Raider together, and I really like that ;)

I'm looking forward to see the ending, if it's so unbelieveable, as you say :D (not that I want the story to end! Don't get me wrong :p)

joeyjunior
7th Oct 2008, 12:16
were is the new part??? when will ya make it, now im back after a ONE WEEK banning (which i of course think is unfair)... and its still the same part as last i could get in!!!???!!!:eek:

Arctic
7th Oct 2008, 12:22
Welcome back, JJ. Yeah, TD hasn't posted any new parts, but have patience. It might come soon :D

joeyjunior
18th Oct 2008, 16:07
common T-Dude! have ya tottely forgot us???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Tomb-Dude
21st Oct 2008, 18:52
Sorry i haven't been on here for weeks now been way too busy with college and out of internet stuff. (many other things)
But yeah i'll check where the last part was and see what i can do. I as of thursday i'm on half term so something may be up soon :) Sorry for the delay :o