PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex:IW is better than deus Ex 1

M_I
17th Jun 2008, 20:26
I played IW first and completed it with all the endings and then started deus ex 1 and realised that it is much worse than the 2nd. i know every1 else disagrees but this is my opinion. mayb if u all played the 2nd 1 1st then u wud find it better.

Kneo24
17th Jun 2008, 21:41
There's a few problems with your post. First being your grammar. You want to take the time to share your ideas? Then entice me to read them and weigh them equal to my own. I'm not asking for perfect grammar, but purposely misspelling words like "you" and "would" is only done by retards.

Secondly, you didn't even validate your opinion. Care to elaborate on why you think it's better?

HouseOfPain
17th Jun 2008, 22:22
L O L

Blade_hunter
18th Jun 2008, 00:19
L O L I say the same :D

jcp28
18th Jun 2008, 01:08
I'd say this guy was a troll, but it appears that he has posted on another topics without making such provocative statements. But it seems weird how he doesn't try harder to validate his opinion.

SemiAnonymous
18th Jun 2008, 01:15
You are the first person I have ever met who's opinion was wrong.

Demiurge
18th Jun 2008, 01:57
Wow, Kneo you completely shot him down. He clearly deserves it, for what he said is like trying to attack a hornet's nest while naked, he was completely asking for it.

DXeXodus
18th Jun 2008, 04:03
Firstly, I second the LOL statements...

Secondly, I second the request that if you are going to defile the thread list with a new thread, please use correct spelling and grammar. ****

Finally, I will indulge you in a synopsis of why DX1 is better than DX2:

DX1:

- Excellent story
- Excellent gameplay
- Brilliant characters
- Superb level design
- Diversity of skills and augmentations
- Exciting and memorable missions
- Great music
- Multiple ammo *cough*
- etc, etc

DX2:

- Good story
- Average gameplay
- Terrible characters
- Tiny, cramped levels with few alternate routes
- 6 'biomods' at a time
- slightly OK music
- well, univers..... (oops, I almost said a bad word)

I rest my case

(Oh, and by the way, you are more than entitled to your own opinion, but try sound less like a troll when you express it, and try make a compelling argument for it, so as to try and persuade us)

Tsumaru
18th Jun 2008, 04:25
A compelling argument for DX:IW being better? Not likely!

Lo Bruto
18th Jun 2008, 07:24
The guy came here just to put anger in everyone's heart.

Red
18th Jun 2008, 07:46
Typical "you all suck co.ck" hit'n'run topic...

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 16:08
Firstly, I apologize to those who have trouble reading my 'txt' type writing. Honest, I'm not being sarcastic. Also look up the word retard, it means slow and I don't get why I am a retard for typing in txt to make it faster for myself. I know I didn't give a reason but I was in a rush and didn't want to forget to write this thread. I'll tell me reasons further on. Calling me a troll is just wierd and thats all I'm saying to that. An opinion is never wrong. I didn't get shot down by Kneo, I read it just as a reply. I'm not here to argue so won't continue further on that. I didn't come here to put anger in anyones heart.

I see where everyone is coming from in saying the 1st is better than the second because I see your reasons and I feel in many things that the 1st is always the best. How ever I see it differently. I also couldn't add that this was just my first impression of the 1st game.

1. I played IW and completed it with all the endings.
2. I really liked the game, it was different.
3. Once I finished IW i downloaded the 1st one and started it.
4. I did a bit of training but soon wanted to play the main game.
5. The buttons were different, the datavault and things were different. I didn't like it may be beacuse I'm not used to it.
6. The graphics are disguting and I think that really put me off. I know its old.
7. The storyline doesn't start of that good, as far as I know.
8. These are my reasons but it is my 1st impression only and may be the more I play I might change my mind.

I know I just said it was better and didn't justify or say it was a first impression and as so many of you are angry over that, I am sorry. Anyway, what I wanted to know was that if you had played the 2nd game 1st like me, do you think you would have thought it was better than the 1st?

I didn't run away from the topic just because I didn't reply to your comments straight away.

Fen
18th Jun 2008, 16:31
Firstly, I apologize to those who have trouble reading my 'txt' type writing. Honest, I'm not being sarcastic. Also look up the word retard, it means slow and I don't get why I am a retard for typing in txt to make it faster for myself. I know I didn't give a reason but I was in a rush and didn't want to forget to write this thread. I'll tell me reasons further on. Calling me a troll is just wierd and thats all I'm saying to that. An opinion is never wrong. I didn't get shot down by Kneo, I read it just as a reply. I'm not here to argue so won't continue further on that. I didn't come here to put anger in anyones heart.

I see where everyone is coming from in saying the 1st is better than the second because I see your reasons and I feel in many things that the 1st is always the best. How ever I see it differently. I also couldn't add that this was just my first impression of the 1st game.

5. The buttons were different, the datavault and things were different. I didn't like it may be beacuse I'm not used to it.
6. The graphics are disguting and I think that really put me off. I know its old.
8. These are my reasons but it is my 1st impression only and may be the more I play I might change my mind.

I know I just said it was better and didn't justify or say it was a first impression and as so many of you are angry over that, I am sorry. Anyway, what I wanted to know was that if you had played the 2nd game 1st like me, do you think you would have thought it was better than the 1st?

I didn't run away from the topic just because I didn't reply to your comments straight away.

Ok from what I gather, you played IW through, but then when you went to play DX1, the graphics turned you off. The other reasons are just stupid.

My advice to you is to play it anyway. You'll get over the graphics fairly soon. Pay attention to whats going on. Deus ex is a thinking game, not a run and gun mindless shooter. The storyline is amazing, but it does take a short while to set up characters and scenes.

Dont rush through the game. Sit back and enjoy what the game has to offer you.

GruntOwner
18th Jun 2008, 16:33
Retard refers to the intelectual state of slowness, using txt is not a "get out of tardation free" card.
If you're not going make the thread properly due to time constraints, then don't make it at all. Make a note to do it later.
Calling you a troll is completely justified giving someof the other crap you'vve spouted.
Calling your opinion wrong was what brought the significance of the accusation to a text medium. He was stating that you have made a statement so wrong that even as an opinion it fails. It could also serve to make DX's superiority a mathmatical truth.
If IW was different, how is DX not different? IW was a godless rape child of DX's difference and the homogenous generic-ness found in most modern shooters.
Just because the buttons were different, it doesn't make the game any worse, you just sucked at them.
Storylines never start off brilliantly. McBeth featured a buncha old chicks speaking in rhyme.
Ofcourse we were going to accuse you of abandoning the topic. You showed up, spammed us and stopped talking.

Ofcourse IW would have been better had we played it first because we wouldn't have been so god damned offended by it's pure, unbridled SUCK.

Now, on the more important matters:
http://forumspile.com/Hijack-AirForce1.jpg
Who likes waffles? I like waffles. Do you?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jun 2008, 16:35
LMAO, classic response. :D

Still, I'll give some (a little) credit to M_I for at least trying. ;)

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 16:53
Retard refers to the intelectual state of slowness, using txt is not a "get out of tardation free" card.
If you're not going make the thread properly due to time constraints, then don't make it at all. Make a note to do it later.
Calling you a troll is completely justified giving someof the other crap you'vve spouted.
Calling your opinion wrong was what brought the significance of the accusation to a text medium. He was stating that you have made a statement so wrong that even as an opinion it fails. It could also serve to make DX's superiority a mathmatical truth.
If IW was different, how is DX not different? IW was a godless rape child of DX's difference and the homogenous generic-ness found in most modern shooters.
Just because the buttons were different, it doesn't make the game any worse, you just sucked at them.
Storylines never start off brilliantly. McBeth featured a buncha old chicks speaking in rhyme.
Ofcourse we were going to accuse you of abandoning the topic. You showed up, spammed us and stopped talking.

Ofcourse IW would have been better had we played it first because we wouldn't have been so god damned offended by it's pure, unbridled SUCK.

Now, on the more important matters:
http://forumspile.com/Hijack-AirForce1.jpg
Who likes waffles? I like waffles. Do you?

Exactly, retard means slow and do you even know me...NO!. so you have no right to call me that. again you don't know me and if i made a note i wouldn't still remember.
and what you've met a troll have you , you know they say crap.? NO i didn't think so . And yes its pathetically sad to call some one a troll.
i know story line don't always start of good but thats what engages you in to something. I said i didn't like the button configuration and not that i couldn't handle,. Why you saying I sucked at them...u watching me play..NO.

I don't live on this so how could I have abandoned the topic.

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 16:54
Ok from what I gather, you played IW through, but then when you went to play DX1, the graphics turned you off. The other reasons are just stupid.

My advice to you is to play it anyway. You'll get over the graphics fairly soon. Pay attention to whats going on. Deus ex is a thinking game, not a run and gun mindless shooter. The storyline is amazing, but it does take a short while to set up characters and scenes.

Dont rush through the game. Sit back and enjoy what the game has to offer you.

Decent reply. I will do what you said and hopefully see a better game than what I do now.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jun 2008, 16:56
Awww, I have to admit... name-calling isn't a good thing to do.
But I think it was meant to inspire you to elaborate on your threads/posts more, and at least that worked. :)

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 17:02
yh your right it isn't but to be honest it was not that that made me change how I wrote my posts. its that i had time to actually say what i felt.

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 17:03
:) :)

DLGenesis
18th Jun 2008, 18:11
I played IW first and completed it with all the endings and then started deus ex 1 and realised that it is much worse than the 2nd. i know every1 else disagrees but this is my opinion. mayb if u all played the 2nd 1 1st then u wud find it better.

i see the logic in this.

if u start on deus ex 2 then that is the root of the deus ex experience.. like a childhood..:scratch:

as for all the people bashing his opinion i think u should stop being dumbf***s and be more open to what is being said.

Blade_hunter
18th Jun 2008, 18:36
Firstly, I second the LOL statements...

Secondly, I second the request that if you are going to defile the thread list with a new thread, please use correct spelling and grammar. ****

Finally, I will indulge you in a synopsis of why DX1 is better than DX2:

DX1:

- Excellent story
- Excellent gameplay
- Brilliant characters
- Superb level design
- Diversity of skills and augmentations
- Exciting and memorable missions
- Great music
- Multiple ammo *cough*
- etc, etc

DX2:

- Good story
- Average gameplay
- Terrible characters
- Tiny, cramped levels with few alternate routes
- 6 'biomods' at a time
- slightly OK music
- well, univers..... (oops, I almost said a bad word)

I rest my case

(Oh, and by the way, you are more than entitled to your own opinion, but try sound less like a troll when you express it, and try make a compelling argument for it, so as to try and persuade us)

:thumbsup: I think the same, Deus ex 2 have some improvements of course like the "factions", some biomods give some bonuses that can be on DX, and some technical inovations like the physic engine, but the rest is lower than the first game.
I already say that in some threads, but DX 1 was better than it's sequel even if DX 2 is technologically more advanced (Unreal engine 2)
but if we look to the gameplay DX 1 have a great advance, so much that can put DX 2 as a prequel of DX 1.

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 18:58
i see the logic in this.

if u start on deus ex 2 then that is the root of the deus ex experience.. like a childhood..:scratch:

as for all the people bashing his opinion i think u should stop being dumbf***s and be more open to what is being said.

Thankyou for understanding my logic man :cool:

minus0ne
18th Jun 2008, 20:34
Dude, you sent me a PM a couple of *DAYS* ago asking if you should buy DX after playing IW. Now you've played it for an hour or two and decide IW's better?

:lol:

@14-6-2008I've finidhed IW now and wanna play the 1st one. how much do you think it will cost around now a days?

I found the Game Of The Year version on GameTap and its free to download. I checked steam. But i'm in u.k so work in pounds. thnx nywho. do u know bout gametap?

One guess: you tried the first mission, decided it looked like crap and moved on :rolleyes:

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 20:38
Dude, you sent me a PM a couple of *DAYS* ago asking if you should buy DX after playing IW. Now you've played it for an hour or two and decide IW's better?

One guess: you tried the first mission, decided it looked like crap and moved on :rolleyes:

and i also said its a first impression

Kneo24
18th Jun 2008, 20:46
Firstly, I apologize to those who have trouble reading my 'txt' type writing. Honest, I'm not being sarcastic. Also look up the word retard, it means slow and I don't get why I am a retard for typing in txt to make it faster for myself.

And this is why I said "retarded". It's clear you still don't fully understand for whatever reason that may be.

This is a discussion forum. We have discussions. When you want to discuss a topic, you want your thoughts, ideas, the hemorrhaging of information from your brain to be as clear as possible. When you start taking shortcuts to save time, your ideas start looking sloppy. If your ideas are sloppy, no one will take them seriously.

Being lazy to save time is used for chatting and is far far less frowned upon. However even with the invetion of qwerty keyboards on cellphones, it's becoming less acceptable. You have a full keyboard. Use it.

I know I didn't give a reason but I was in a rush and didn't want to forget to write this thread.

Make some sort of note and do it later. Making a quick post and running off is not the way to do things.

As others have stated, it seems like you were mainly thrown off by the graphical features, and thus didn't take the time to give the whole game a chance. The graphics and animations are a little humorous, but back when the game was released, they were acceptable. Ignore the graphics and play the game.

Once you become accustomed to how it works, it starts to grow on you.

Anyway, what I wanted to know was that if you had played the 2nd game 1st like me, do you think you would have thought it was better than the 1st?

Probably not. This is mainly due to the fact that I found the story and plot in the first one a little deeper than the second one. Here, with the second, you saw it coming from a mile away. In the first one? Not quite so much.

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 20:51
And this is why I said "retarded". It's clear you still don't fully understand for whatever reason that may be.

This is a discussion forum. We have discussions. When you want to discuss a topic, you want your thoughts, ideas, the hemorrhaging of information from your brain to be as clear as possible. When you start taking shortcuts to save time, your ideas start looking sloppy. If your ideas are sloppy, no one will take them seriously.

Being lazy to save time is used for chatting and is far far less frowned upon. However even with the invetion of qwerty keyboards on cellphones, it's becoming less acceptable. You have a full keyboard. Use it.

Make some sort of note and do it later. Making a quick post and running off is not the way to do things.

As others have stated, it seems like you were mainly thrown off by the graphical features, and thus didn't take the time to give the whole game a chance. The graphics and animations are a little humorous, but back when the game was released, they were acceptable. Ignore the graphics and play the game.

Once you become accustomed to how it works, it starts to grow on you.

Probably not. This is mainly due to the fact that I found the story and plot in the first one a little deeper than the second one. Here, with the second, you saw it coming from a mile away. In the first one? Not quite so much.

i get you and have already said i'm going to play it anyway

i already told you notes don't work for me and so what its just a minor thing anyway

i still don't get why you used retarded but can't be bothered about it anyway

jd10013
18th Jun 2008, 21:50
here's what I don't get. What exactly did IW do better than DX? thats why everybody likes the original better. It did everything better, and had a lot of features and options in it that were dropped from IW. yea, IW had better graphics. but they blew it on lighting, HUD, reticule, and physics, which from from an immersion stand point made the game worse in visual presentation than the original. The same is true with level design. the improved graphics were totally canceled out by the tiny, tiny, tiny levels and the stupid loading screens. To most people, worse graphics in an enormous sandbox level completely owns better graphics in a tiny level that is interrupted every few minutes by a load screen. Same with weapons. they made a nice variety for IW, most with very good Alt-fire modes, then fluck them all up with universal ammo. in addition to that, they render the pistol and sniper riffle meaningless by not having head shot kills (later added with patch) and in the case of the sniper riffle, massive ammo consumption.

To be honest, and I'm not trying to put you down, but you sound more like a 12yr old console gamer who likes to be "wowed" by pretty graphics and run and gun game play. I don't think DX is really your game.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jun 2008, 21:52

What a revelation! :eek: That certainly explains a lot... enough said. :whistle:

Yeah, M_I, forgive the graphics and DO play. You will soon understand why DX was, and still is, a game regarded with awe and devotion. :)

jcp28
18th Jun 2008, 22:55
i see the logic in this.

I kind of agree with that, but he could have provided some qualifying statements first. But I see why he didn't. I only said he might be a troll because of that TR: Underworld thread combined with this thread. Sweeping generalizations attacking DX1 made in a forum that has generally expressed it's distaste of DX1 on many occasions is guranteed to draw a reponse.

But I think I kind of understand where he's coming from story-wise. It did start out slow. All you did was try to stop the bad guys before things start to get more interesting in your encounter with Lebedev.

cooleo
18th Jun 2008, 23:42

I would have to Agree The second game (IW) is alot better then the first! :o

Romeo
19th Jun 2008, 00:31
I'm going to get shot for saying this... But I really liked IW too. I can't decide if I like it better than Deus Ex or not... But I really did like it. =P

Tsumaru
19th Jun 2008, 01:31
Also look up the word retard, it means slow and I don't get why I am a retard for typing in txt to make it faster for myself.
Premise: You have to "txt tlk" to make yourself faster.
Premise: The only reason to be so dead-set on making yourself faster is if you are so incredibly slow.
Premise: Retarded people are slow.
Conclusion: Therefore, you are retarded.

Logic: It works!

1. You completed all the endings, therefore it's better than DX1? What?
2. Different from what? Why is DX1 *not* different?
3. It's good that you started it... but did you FINISH?
4. Wait... do you mean you went through the tutorial but wanted to start the real missions? SO WHAT!? Just go play it then!
5. So remap the keyboard settings and make it the same as IW if it bugs you that much. And if you ask me - the datavault is A LOT better in DX1. Much easier to scroll through and find what you're looking for.
6. So far this is the only valid argument you have. And it's also absolutely stupid. Obviously sequels are always going to have better graphics. So according to you, then, Star Wars episode 3 is the best out of all of them because of its superior special effects?
7. "As far as you know"? That sounds like you haven't even played it - just read about it. Also, it's meant to be a mystery thriller. You're not meant to have everything exploding around you at the beginning. Do you have ADD?
8. Your first impression from how far into the game? 15 minutes?

AaronJ
19th Jun 2008, 02:36
In some ways it truly is. In other ways, its an awful game. But don't generalize it as better entirely.

DXeXodus
19th Jun 2008, 04:26
and i also said its a first impression

With all due respect you should rather play the game through before making statements like "DX:IW is better than DX1". This sort of discussion should be based on experience and not assumption. Eight years after a game is released is too late for 'first impressions', rather wait until you can make a compelling argument from a truly knowledgable point of view. Thats my opinion, and I believe it is shared by many people here.

SemiAnonymous
19th Jun 2008, 05:47

1: Nothing wrong with that, I did the same thing
2: Different from what? Good games?
3: Can't really comment on this
4: Nothing wrong here
5: So rebind the keys to your preferences. If your not used to it, then allow yourself to adjust to it, dont give it a few minutes and decide its bad
6: HDTP, Deus Ex Reborn. Granted, neither are finished, but that's not a real excuse. Of course the visuals aren't up to par with today's visuals, its a technology gap.
7: yeah, its a touch slow in the start. Of course, from what I can tell, you only got past the first 5 or so minutes
8: Your first impressions vary greatly from almost any other first impression about this game I've ever heard. Just putting that out there.

Right, so really, your "reasons" can be taken care of in a few minutes. Rebind the keys, and if you want, get a few visual mods. The rest is just a matter of you not expecting a game to be identical to its mentally challenged younger brother.

DXeXodus
19th Jun 2008, 07:18
...,get a few visual mods.

Huh? Are there any decent completed visual mods. As far as I know there is the HDTP and Reborn mods which are still in production really. I would like to be corrected here, because a good visual mod would be great.

Tsumaru
19th Jun 2008, 08:10
Bah, visual mods are unnecessary. What he really needs is a man-up mod.

SageSavage
19th Jun 2008, 13:21
Huh? Are there any decent completed visual mods. As far as I know there is the HDTP and Reborn mods which are still in production really. I would like to be corrected here, because a good visual mod would be great.
You forgot "New Vision" but none of these mods is complete already.

mad_red
19th Jun 2008, 14:28
Hi M_I. Welcome to the boards.

I think most of us who've bothered to read your posts understand you better than when we had just read your opening post. You've explained yourself and asked us to understand where you're coming from.

Now it's your turn to understand us. Most people here are intimately familiar with the complex and beautiful (story-wise), if dated, game that DX1 is. When someone new comes and posts an opinion, we expect it to be pure quality or at least a sincere approximation, because quality is what attracts us to DX1 in the first place.

Anything other than quality just looks like someone purposely dropped a turd in the middle of the living room. That kinda justifies the trolling remark.

I'm not saying you're a turd. As far as I'm concerned you're welcome here. Try to look past DX1 graphics and try the game. You'll probably find it's worth it.

PS. hard feelings aside, you've gotta be able to appreciate GruntOwners beeeautiful response. :nut: That's just pure prose! Anyway, don't feel raw about it man.

M_I
19th Jun 2008, 15:08
i've already said that i will play it the whole way through but look not everyones the same and i still stand by my first impression.
i haven't played much more of it coz i'm playing twilight princess right now.
thanks for the welcome mad_red.
people keep saying the same things and thats annoying. i just expressed my opinion and asked whether you would feel the same way if you played DX2 1st. i made the title like that i thought it would catch your attention lol and it did.
wen i said it was different i meant from other games i had played. when you played DX1 i think you thought that was different too.
i said MY first impression so no its not too late.
ok i got over the retarded thing now , you should do too. I AM NOT RETARDED. get it in your head. ( if you have proof that i am retarded show it and don't base it only on my style of typing)
im not wowed by pretty graphics the graphics were just a bit 2 old and ok i will forget the graphics and play it.

Tsumaru
20th Jun 2008, 00:06
Oh, we understand you. And we think you must have ADD or something if you get a grand total of 5 minutes into the game, decide it's rubbish, and then go play Twilight Princess instead. So sure, we understand it's just your "first impression" - but the consequence of that is we see you as an idiot with no respect for quality gaming or anything beyond pretty explosions right at the start.

SemiAnonymous
20th Jun 2008, 01:18

Nah, none are finished, but HDTP already does make a noticeable difference.

M_I
20th Jun 2008, 14:02
Oh, we understand you. And we think you must have ADD or something if you get a grand total of 5 minutes into the game, decide it's rubbish, and then go play Twilight Princess instead. So sure, we understand it's just your "first impression" - but the consequence of that is we see you as an idiot with no respect for quality gaming or anything beyond pretty explosions right at the start.

i said i will play it but why are you guessing i only played 5 mins of it and what i'm not allowed to play twilight princess? i play what i want. and no i don't get fascinated by explosions. i choose what i want to play and so what if i leave a game and play another instead it doesn't mean i won't come back to it. you can see me for an idiot, retard whatever , i know i'm not and don't have time to argue with those of you that keep repeatin the same thing.

Red
20th Jun 2008, 14:41
i said i will play it but why are you guessing i only played 5 mins of it

You said it yourself. Ok, maybe it was 15 minutes through the training mission and your conclusion was that game sucks due to the graphics and complex key bindings.

you can see me for an idiot, retard whatever , i know i'm not

You sure are confirming the fact by the way you write your posts...

and don't have time to argue with those of you that keep repeatin the same thing.

Yet you still do argue repeatedly although you don't have sufficient grounds to prove DX1 is worse than DX:IW.

Absentia
20th Jun 2008, 17:03
I'm going to get shot for saying this... But I really liked IW too. I can't decide if I like it better than Deus Ex or not... But I really did like it. =P

Yes!! I've hardly ever posted hear but I always seem to end up defending this game.
For me I definitely don't like it as much as Deus Ex 1, but hell, it's still not your average FPS. It still has a fairly involving and interesting storyline, it still has some freedom of approach in terms of how you go about objectives, the graphics are nice (especially with the higher-res texture pack that some kind soul made)
If you sit there and compare every little detail to DX1, of course you'll say DX1 is better, but treat it as its own game (but set in a universe that youre already familiar with) and you'll still find it to be a rather entertaining experience.
And i gotta admit, when it got to the bit where you have to meet JC in his weird headquarters thing, i was totally drawn in.
As i said DX1 is better, and im not going to list why it was better because everyone has pretty much already done that, but give DX2 a chance.

I also think that this poster certainly didnt deserve to get flamed in the way he did, especially after he replied and talked properly.
I know plenty of people who speak fine, are intelligent, but use txt-talk online, we don't all see it in the same way.
All that was needed to be said was "Take your time, try to get used to the graphics as they are not the most crucial part of the game, and don't give up at the beginning because it gets much much better. and most of all, Enjoy."
damn flamers.

Romeo
20th Jun 2008, 18:37
Yes!! I've hardly ever posted hear but I always seem to end up defending this game.
For me I definitely don't like it as much as Deus Ex 1, but hell, it's still not your average FPS. It still has a fairly involving and interesting storyline, it still has some freedom of approach in terms of how you go about objectives, the graphics are nice (especially with the higher-res texture pack that some kind soul made)
If you sit there and compare every little detail to DX1, of course you'll say DX1 is better, but treat it as its own game (but set in a universe that youre already familiar with) and you'll still find it to be a rather entertaining experience.
And i gotta admit, when it got to the bit where you have to meet JC in his weird headquarters thing, i was totally drawn in.
As i said DX1 is better, and im not going to list why it was better because everyone has pretty much already done that, but give DX2 a chance.

I also think that this poster certainly didnt deserve to get flamed in the way he did, especially after he replied and talked properly.
I know plenty of people who speak fine, are intelligent, but use txt-talk online, we don't all see it in the same way.
All that was needed to be said was "Take your time, try to get used to the graphics as they are not the most crucial part of the game, and don't give up at the beginning because it gets much much better. and most of all, Enjoy."
damn flamers.

Woot, stand up for the underdog! Although in this instance, I do have to side with the majority, his title was an obvious attempt to irritate the vast numbers in here who think Deus Ex was the pinnacle of gaming, and then, as if to pour salt in the wound, he used such terrible writing technique, I actually had to slow down to read it. Using txt-talk in a forum brimming with grammetically powerful writers is undoubted going to annoy the hell out of them. Not to mention the fact that this isn't really a conversation - if it takes a touch more time, then so be it. No one's going to point out an awkward silence. Besides, I find that to be a horrid excuse, as it takes NO more time to capitalize the letter "I" than what it does to leave it as "i". All things considered, one might hope to shave 5% percent off the total time taken to write, not particularly worth it...

Icarus AI
20th Jun 2008, 18:43
What's the point of starting a new thread if you are not ready to defend your views or even present them properly?

Romeo
20th Jun 2008, 19:10
At the end, there was a minimal attempt to defend himself, although it was too little, too late. It was also too l337 to read. lol

jcp28
20th Jun 2008, 21:54
Yeah. I can understand why he used txt talk from the outset. But then he carries on not even bothering to capitalize his sentences in addition to bad spelling, and he should expect people to say he's retarted. Not like he is or anything, but his reasoning was kind of weak

Draco1979
21st Jun 2008, 00:01
I am going to put my one cents in because the other cent went to gas

I like IW mainly because I look at things on face value wit that being said I didnt like batman 3 and 4 because they didnt feel like batman.

Now with IW I had a hell of a time with the HUD/HUB or what ever it is called, mainly because I didnt know how to get to it. Graphics rocked in the IW but it was over in two days while the first one it took a week.

Now if you read some of my posts I am fan of cheating "single player only" to help move the game along. Um cheats in IW was done by hacking the file that you can have god mode or no god mode and if you wanted to switch you had to quit the game........:mad2:

mhmm well my cent is up I hope the 3 one rocks

Tsumaru
21st Jun 2008, 01:49
i said i will play it but why are you guessing i only played 5 mins of it and what i'm not allowed to play twilight princess? i play what i want. and no i don't get fascinated by explosions. i choose what i want to play and so what if i leave a game and play another instead it doesn't mean i won't come back to it. you can see me for an idiot, retard whatever , i know i'm not and don't have time to argue with those of you that keep repeatin the same thing.

Well, for one thing, you said "the storyline starts off bad AS FAR AS I KNOW" - which means you didn't even get far enough into the game to make your own judgement about the story. Furthermore, you commented straight away about the 'disgusting graphics which put you off' and keep reiterating that you haven't played much at all. So, yes, 5 minutes was probably exaggerated - but admit it; you've barely played any of the game at all.
As for Twilight Princess - sure, you can play it. You can not play DX1 at all for all we care. But you don't come on here and tell us how much you disliked the game and how much better IW was without even playing it yet. You have every right to play whichever game you want, but until you play X game, you don't have a right to pass judgement or comment on it publically.

Also...
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=idiot

1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
Just FYI.

MaxxQ1
21st Jun 2008, 10:22
Tsumaru...actually, he played it enough to make his own judgement on the story, it just can't be considered an informed judgement.

I have a question for M_I: How far DID you actually get in the game? Did you even make it to the boat? ;) :lol:

AgnosticJive
21st Jun 2008, 12:29
There's a boat in deus ex?

Red
21st Jun 2008, 15:25
You enter the Liberty Island via police speedboat on the south pier.

AgnosticJive
21st Jun 2008, 18:17
You enter the Liberty Island via police speedboat on the south pier.

Wait...what? speedboat? pier? ummm...are you sure this is deus ex you're talking about?

SemiAnonymous
21st Jun 2008, 18:20
Wait...what? speedboat? pier? ummm...are you sure this is deus ex you're talking about?

At the very beginning of the game, if you turn around, you'll see a speed boat. Odds are, that's how you got there, although I don't remember being told how I actually got on the island.

MaxxQ1
21st Jun 2008, 20:43
Y'all are killin' me here.:lol:

Don't make me mention Superfly Johnson...:scratch:

AgnosticJive
22nd Jun 2008, 08:01
At the very beginning of the game, if you turn around, you'll see a speed boat. Odds are, that's how you got there, although I don't remember being told how I actually got on the island.
Island...speedboat...I have NO idea what you're talking about. Are you sure you're talking about Deus Ex?

iWait
22nd Jun 2008, 08:06
made the title like that i thought it would catch your attention lol and it did.

c u r teh troll, u jst prvd it

u r a rytrd n u r stpd

o n btw if i tlk leik dis n RL ppl will think im a rtrded 1337 mster leik u

Red
22nd Jun 2008, 11:05
Island...speedboat...I have NO idea what you're talking about. Are you sure you're talking about Deus Ex?

Acting stupid, are we?

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deusex/liberty1/liberty1.htm

Picture No.10.

serene_chaos
22nd Jun 2008, 11:29
Acting stupid, are we?

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deusex/liberty1/liberty1.htm

Picture No.10.

what? are you SURE that's a deus ex walkthrough youve got there?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Jun 2008, 11:50
Wow, if you just fire up the game now and start the first mission, you will recognise the area in the pictures immediately and will see the boat eventually after some play. :)

Tsumaru
22nd Jun 2008, 12:51
what? are you SURE that's a deus ex walkthrough youve got there?

No, I think you're right. The whole Liberty Island, JC and Paul Denton, Alec Jacobson over the Infolink, UNATCO and NSF troops, the familiar skill selection menu, the opening cutscene with Walton Simons and Bob Page and a reference to FEMA, and the clear "Deus Ex" title and logo all point to one thing...

ALL ALONG RED HAS BEEN PLAYING MY LITTLE PONY DRESSUP AND THOUGHT IT WAS DEUS EX!!!!!!111111oneoneleven1

M_I
22nd Jun 2008, 19:03
Well, for one thing, you said "the storyline starts off bad AS FAR AS I KNOW" - which means you didn't even get far enough into the game to make your own judgement about the story. Furthermore, you commented straight away about the 'disgusting graphics which put you off' and keep reiterating that you haven't played much at all. So, yes, 5 minutes was probably exaggerated - but admit it; you've barely played any of the game at all.
As for Twilight Princess - sure, you can play it. You can not play DX1 at all for all we care. But you don't come on here and tell us how much you disliked the game and how much better IW was without even playing it yet. You have every right to play whichever game you want, but until you play X game, you don't have a right to pass judgement or comment on it publically.

Also...
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=idiot

Just FYI.

why are you telling me this?

Luminous Path
22nd Jun 2008, 19:17
Any individual that makes the outrageous, ney, proposterous claim that IW is better than dx1 has obviously never played the original in its entirety. You've got to love the keyboard warriors on this thread.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Jun 2008, 19:23
You've got to love the keyboard warriors on this thread.

*We all dance around tribal fire and loudly beat on the death drums* :D

Luminous Path
22nd Jun 2008, 20:17
lol. maybe have a few forties as well

Tsumaru
23rd Jun 2008, 01:11
It's as the old adage says - the keyboard is mightier than a Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta doing an Ultimate 100x Big Bang Kamehameha Attack!!! =O

Romeo
23rd Jun 2008, 02:52
LOL X 100

I don't know, I think IW was better than what many gave it credit for. =)

DXeXodus
23rd Jun 2008, 03:55
^^ It was indeed better than people gave it credit for, but that still falls short of Deus Ex 1 by a long margin.

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 01:26
The guy came here just to put anger in everyone's heart.

Yep. Those are fighting words!