PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on DLC in Final Fantasy?

Asuha
1st Aug 2012, 01:30
Hey all.

Just curious what everyone thinks of DLC (downloadable content) in regards to Final Fantasy. Do you think it belongs? What was your impression of it in FFXIII-2? Do you think multiple versions of the game should have the same content? Or does one version deserve exclusive DLC, such as the exclusive weapon found in the Xbox 360 version of FFXIII-2?

Let me know your thoughts.

xIllusionist
1st Aug 2012, 02:01
I don't own FFXIII-2 yet so I can't really provide feedback on DLC, but one version having exclusive DLC doesn't sound fair. I'd be bummed if I couldn't get that exclusive weapon just because I don't own a 360. Unless you mean having different exclusive DLC for different versions (eg. The Xbox 360 version would have one exclusive weapon, while the PS3 version gets another type of exclusive weapon).

Asuha
1st Aug 2012, 02:07
The PS3 version did not get their own exclusive weapon in this case.

YoshiKatYoko
1st Aug 2012, 02:45
DLCs are great, only problem is they're pretty expensive.

DLC should be costumes, not scenarios. I don't like the scenario DLCs in XIII-2 (they're ALL story related). The DLC weapons are USELESS, the original weapons are still better. What I admire in XIII-2 DLC was coliseum opponents and costumes.

AS long as the DLC is worth paying for, then go for it.

aaronwebb91
1st Aug 2012, 03:13
frankly the dlcs really didnt add much why not just add them to the original game instead of waiting a month then adding stuff to the game. tfrankly i was dissapointed with lightnings and snows dlc never got sazhs though.

Grimoire
1st Aug 2012, 03:20
While I'm not very interested in any of the extra weapons, outfits and boss battles, I enjoyed the FFXIII-2 DLC scenarios to the fullest.

MagiusNecros
1st Aug 2012, 04:37
If DLC becomes the norm just imagine if you had to pay for Job classes.

http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif

aaronhollis
1st Aug 2012, 05:39
the additional scenarios were good and i think those work in final fantasy. what SICKENED me was the outfits from mass effect and assassin's creed. they are not lore friendly. this isnt a crazy crossover like kingdom hearts. also that kind of thing looks like a desperate attempt to lure western casual gamers.

member_10159804
1st Aug 2012, 07:33
How about trophy/achievement support for the extra scenario add-ons? That'd give a trophy/achievement hunter some motivation to get them (me being one of them).

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 09:11
As long as its not story or scenario DLC I don't mind.

LennethLionK3
1st Aug 2012, 09:47
I don't like the fact that there are DLC scenarios, especially when someone from the game tells me the "to be continued" at the end of the game relates to DLC content. If that was the intent or not, it upsets me. If I buy a game, I think I deserve the full games contents. I'd rather weapons not be on DLC either, nor exclusive material. Outfits I can tolerate, but honestly, I think it's shameful to try to milk a title intentionally the way they did with FFXIII-2. Either put all the content in the game before release or put it in DLC for free (which I'm not really a fan of either, but it's a better option than what they did). I really don't understand how the fans of any game tolerate paying fo DLC when it's scenario, extra map, extra character related. It's just shameful.

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 10:38
@Lenneth

That's an interesting thought. I agree with story/scenario DLC and exclusive weapons and DLC weapons. Everything else however I don't have a problem with as long as I am not charged an arm and a leg for it.

member_10829610
1st Aug 2012, 11:44
As long as it's at a reasonable price, I'm okay with it. I don't mind scenario DLC as much (then again, I don't own XIII-2).

Persiangato
1st Aug 2012, 13:00
Depends on the content. If it's aesthetics based like the costumes and minor weapons that were outclassed endgame in FFXIII-2, that's more than fine with me. I wouldn't mind paying for full on expansions to the game as well, something like the Final Mixes released for games overseas.

But if it's story related/content that is referenced in-game I'll buy the game used at Gamestop or Amazon. Probably meant to go the other way around, people buy used so Square needs to recoup profits somehow, but I doubt I'm not the only backwards jerk around.

If DLC becomes the norm just imagine if you had to pay for Job classes.

The horror...

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 19:19
As long as Square Enix does not abuse DLC, like what Capcom, EA, Activision and other publishers are doing, and give reasonable prices for their downloadable content, I'm okay with it.