PDA

View Full Version : Year Of Setting For Dx3

Jaxer
13th Jun 2008, 20:09
I just downloaded the teaser for DX3 and at one point (in the video) loads of quick images flash up, I kept pausing it to take a look and one of the pictures and it shows a man putting a ticket into a poll box, and on the box is written:

"biopolitic"

"2027"

Could this be the year of DX3?

gamer0004
13th Jun 2008, 20:12
This has already been discussed over and over again.

jordan_a
13th Jun 2008, 21:21
Trailer, teaser (first, November 2007) (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=73550)

jcp28
13th Jun 2008, 21:49
Yeah, but some people think that the box and the voiceover aren't firm enough evidence. But it's not like we're dealing with the creators here who might be more likely to pull a trick on us. I really can't see a 2027 date being included unless it was important somehow. And I don't really see it being important in 2080 or whenver a sequel could be set. Of course, you could argue that 'first biopolitic vote' is just a flashback for the anti-tech effects of a more Templar-ruled world. But that doesn't make any sense to me. Or else I'm not giving the developers enough credit, but I think I am. Why include a event that has little direct relation to anything from the established DX canon otherwise?

Fen
15th Jun 2008, 18:29
I always thought that they are reffering to a vote that took place in 2027 on bio augmentation. The idea of replacing people's body parts to machines for military purposes would cause quite a stirr in the public if you ask me. The vote would have been a question of whether bioaugmentation is moral/ethical. And seeing as we have the augmentation in dues ex, it passed.

AaronJ
15th Jun 2008, 19:16
I always thought that they are reffering to a vote that took place in 2027 on bio augmentation

EXACTLY.

I believe it will be around 2080.

Tsumaru
16th Jun 2008, 00:54
Teasers are notoriously teasing, hence the name. They are not designed to give you real information about the content of the game or film, just to make you aware of its development and future release. They can - and will - put in heaps of random crap which won't be so hugely relevant to the game at all. I mean take a look at half of those pictures. Aren't a bunch of them pictures of art or from books or something? It's entirely meant to produce a certain atmosphere and visual effect - just because they have 'Biopolitic 2027' doesn't in the slightest mean anything about the year it will take place. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if we get a sequel which doesn't talk about this vote at all.

I refer you all to the teaser trailer of Transformers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ItK90yvA44
This was the first announcement trailer released, just like our DX3 one we're all arguing about now. How much of that was really relevant to the final movie? How much information did we really get?

AaronJ
16th Jun 2008, 01:05
The mars rover thing was in the movie though...

Tsumaru
16th Jun 2008, 04:58
It was? I don't recall that at all.

Although, even if it was, it's still a minor thing. You can't possibly suggest to me that the mars rover teaser gave you any idea what the film would be about. All we know is that it is set anywhere from 2003 onwards, and that there are presumably some Decepticons on Mars, and that they consequently come to Earth. And it's bad for us humans (duh).