PDA

View Full Version : is it to late to add advance physX to nosgoth this late in the dev cycle?

Chulo86
27th Dec 2013, 23:00
I thought it would create a great benefit for the game especially those that rely on stelth :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafzR7JqO2I

like the fog effects and maybe add some spark to the gun shots? : /

-----------------------------
in addition,
like some have mentioned it would be nice to have environmental hazzards such as:

spike pits, quick sand, maybe have some statues that shoot out poisonous darts or torch opponents on fire!
there should be lava/magma and or water hazzards. I also feel there should be timed traps that if you don't exit fast you get cought :P

And lastly! there should be patches of sun rays, some are insta-death! others are small enough to leave quick & heavy burns D:

EDIT: I know these might mess with the balencing but if some ideas work why not add them in? :D

Vallass
28th Dec 2013, 15:16
I thought it would create a great benefit for the game especially those that rely on stelth :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafzR7JqO2I

like the fog effects and maybe add some spark to the gun shots? : /

-----------------------------
in addition,
like some have mentioned it would be nice to have environmental hazzards such as:

spike pits, quick sand, maybe have some statues that shoot out poisonous darts or torch opponents on fire!
there should be lava/magma and or water hazzards. I also feel there should be timed traps that if you don't exit fast you get cought :P

And lastly! there should be patches of sun rays, some are insta-death! others are small enough to leave quick & heavy burns D:

EDIT: I know these might mess with the balencing but if some ideas work why not add them in? :D

Actually, sunlight wouldn't hurt anyone but the Rahab. You could still do it, but it'd just be a visual thing.

TheIrtar
28th Dec 2013, 21:32
Well, they're using the Unreal 3 Engine, which does have PhysX built into it. I don't know if they have plans to implement it now (as the game in in Alpha and I think they're worried about mechanics first). But, if they wanted to add it in the future, the engine does have the existent framework. They should have to just implement the assets for it.

Sounds simple, but really it's a lot of work.

Actually, sunlight wouldn't hurt anyone but the Rahab. You could still do it, but it'd just be a visual thing.

All fledglings of every clan are affected by sunlight. Even when they (d)evolve further in the future. Raziel burns more than a few fledglings in the light in the course of SR1.

Sluagh
9th Jan 2014, 16:01
If the light was channelled in some way, as in through glass or something, you could get passed arguments about how much it injures vampires maybe.

Vampmaster
9th Jan 2014, 16:20
Raziel burns more than a few fledglings in the light in the course of SR1.

And even a few adults besides Rahab. I'd guess the beams in SR1 were particularly intense and that they were either temporary breaks in the smoke clouds or focused by mirrors or lenses as Sluagh suggested for this game.