PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex Bible

J.CDenton
8th Jun 2008, 21:48
Already posted in the other DX boards, it's however good to bring back it there. ALso those who didn't hear about it will find it really interresting as it provides huges plot informations about the universe and the making-off. Of course don't read it however if you have not done or finished DX1:

http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/april02/dxbible/dx1/

Reading it again will surely launch again theories about Deus Ex 3. The timeline which is included is really interresting :

·2018: Paul Denton born
·2023: Paul, age 5, selected as test subject, cloned
·2027 : Deus Ex 3???
·2028: Tests on clones show limited success; Paul's mother impregnated with J.C.
·2029: J.C. Denton born; scientists perfect embryonic incubator; additional clones grown over the next 15-20 years
·2034: Experiments begin on second generation of clones (~age 5)
·2035: Paul and J.C.'s parents killed by Majestic 12; J.C. sent to Swiss school
·2036: Paul goes to four-year university
·2040: Paul, age 22, joins UNATCO
·2044: Common emotional centers in brain discovered (+/- 2 years)
·2046: Work on Ambrosia project begins (?)
·2047: J.C. graduates from Swiss school
·2049: Last kinks are worked out of nano-augmentation
·2050: Paul is offered nano-augmentation; procedure is successful; work stops on clones; most clones destroyed
·2051: J.C., age 22, joins UNATCO, trains, is offered nano-augmentation
·2052: Nano-augmentation procedure is successful.

So if we agree to say that DX3 will be set in 2027, so we may have to deal with a young Paul Denton, his clones and perhaps we will meet his parents (which obviously are JC's). Also the game may deal with the relationships beetween Bob Page and Morgan Everett as Stanton Down remind us about their close relationship in the cemetary before leaving to Paris. Also could the fetus finally be our J.C considering his mother will be impregnated one year later??? I dunno personnaly as the fetus seems fairly modified...

Anyway it's good to see that again and bring back good memories and details.

Enjoy the good old days

;)

Maximus
10th Jun 2008, 00:14
Watch yourself; this one's some kind of mech!

Nathan2000
10th Jun 2008, 08:10
I'd change this line

·2027 : Deus Ex 3???
to

·2027 : Biopolitic Vote

My bet is that Deus Ex 3 will be set a few years after 2027 (maybe 2035?), since the trailer seems to show that memorable screen as a part of history. But still, there's no real evidence. Eidos Montreal made a good job saying so much and revealing so little.

J.CDenton
10th Jun 2008, 09:12
Yes that was just a theory which explains the ???. We don't even know if it'll be a prequel for now. But I found it was interresting to watch again that Bible, especially for the timeline since we're trying to guess the year during which will be set DX3...

minus0ne
10th Jun 2008, 17:43
Pretty much everyone here knows the DX Bible here though, hardly cause to post another topic about it ;)

Jaxer
13th Jun 2008, 16:26

Lol this is simply the best line ever!!!

In deus ex 1 go into UNATCO and shoot some of the guards
when they shout to each other one of the lines is that!

exxon_valdez
13th Jun 2008, 17:03

:lol: :thumbsup:

jcp28
13th Jun 2008, 21:24
Lol this is simply the best line ever!!!

In deus ex 1 go into UNATCO and shoot some of the guards
when they shout to each other one of the lines is that!

When I remember playing, I'm pretty sure it was the MJ12 guys who were saying that. But then, I never started fights with Unatco anyway, except for one guy on the south dock who proved to be invincible. But this would be before you can turn against them.