PDA

View Full Version : Hi All..

feanor1999
8th Jun 2008, 20:23
Ayup All...

Feanor here...

I'm a born-again gamer, who's catching up with all his fave TR games, and the new ones in a hiatus from my main hobby of plastic modelling...

I always stopped playing when i got 'stuck' on a game and usually threw it up the wall, but now i'm better at gaming than i was 10 (!?) years ago when Lara first appeared... and i'm making GREAT progress! I mainly restarted when i got Anniversary for 9 quid last month, and Legend too, and what a 'Revelation' they are too!

I found these boards via Stella's TR (great lass and site!) and have been lurking awhile to see how it goes, so HELLO to you all. look forward to talking to you all and Roll on Underworld, eh?

Happy gaming... :)

RuumTaedor
8th Jun 2008, 22:00
Hi feanor, and welcome to the Eidos forums.

Glad to hear you're hanging there with the Tomb Raider games. Yes Stella is a really nice person, and she has a great site.

Plastic modelling...what do you model?

See you around the forums.

GeorgeMaciver
9th Jun 2008, 10:17
Hi feanor, nice to meet you and yes, I'm looking forward very much to Underworld too. Looks like we have a tremendous Tomb Raider future ahead :thumbsup: :D

officerpuppy
9th Jun 2008, 16:17
I can remeber a few times I wanted to throw TR2 or TR3 against a wall :lmao:

It was one of those games I got stuck on for at least a month maybe two, I think it was the only time I "cheated" by looking at the game guide at a store.:whistle:

trfreak5
9th Jun 2008, 16:32
Hey Feanor, I know what you mean about giving up on games!

Hope to talk to you on the forums, and hope you are as excited as I am

for the new Tomb Raider: Underworld. :)

Rai
9th Jun 2008, 16:41
Hey Feanor, Welcome to the forums!

This forum is pretty friendly so with a bit of luck you'll stay a while. And if you get stuck on a TR game again, ask us, we're all pretty helpful too, if we can.

:D

feanor1999
19th Jun 2008, 19:14
Ayup All...

Thanks for all your kind replies...

Sorry its taken so long to reply, but i had a problem with passwords which (hopefully) i've sorted, and i got busy on Legend but then hit a wall with the boss in Kazakhstan... the dreaded Tentacled pet!

What with work and other stuff i've only just made it back, so Hi again and thanks.

What does everyone think? swing the electrodes first and THEN shove the beastie into the electricity or what? i've looked at it on you tube, but can't do it!

feanor1999
19th Jun 2008, 19:16
Hi feanor, and welcome to the Eidos forums.

Glad to hear you're hanging there with the Tomb Raider games. Yes Stella is a really nice person, and she has a great site.

Plastic modelling...what do you model?

See you around the forums.

I model Planes, Tanks and Trucks! and the odd boat thrown in!

rg_001100
19th Jun 2008, 22:54
What does everyone think? swing the electrodes first and THEN shove the beastie into the electricity or what? i've looked at it on you tube, but can't do it!

Hello feanor.

Not sure I should be saying this here (i.e. and not finding a link to some other walkthrough).

The sword piece is above Lara, you have to grapple it (& pull). It's protected so you need to push out the swinging electrodes.
(You can't kill the beastie. And *when* you do, you can't finish the level. [once you finish the game and do time trials, you can cheat to kill it])

How big are these model planes tanks and trucks?

feanor1999
20th Jun 2008, 07:45
Ayup rg...

Thanks a lot...

Now to have a go! :thumbsup:

The models are in various scales from 1/72 of full size to 1/48 (larger) thru 1.32 and biggest 1/24th.

Armour models (Tanks and the like are generally at 1/35th.)

Marcus T
20th Jun 2008, 09:25
Greetings feanor, a pleasure to meet you :) Born again gamer, you had a break from gaming for a time then? Well, there's nothing better than rediscovering an old passion ;) :thumbsup: Something I'm quite familiar with, you get to know me a little better by following this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77299). Welcome aboard :)

TwinPistols
20th Jun 2008, 10:39
Nice to meet you, feanor! I'm sure you will have lots of fun here, this forum is the best and everyone is very cool:) :) :) !

feanor1999
21st Jun 2008, 21:30
Ayup Twinpistols and Marcus T

Thanks for your welcome!

Yes, i started 'Gaming' at the dawn of time, when the ZX81 ruled. The original 1K then onto the unheard of 16K (with Rampack wobble!) me and my next door mate Nige used to type in programs from magazines and program the likes of frogger, and other classics!

We then moved onto the Spectrum, and classics like Jet Set Willy (where we learned to platform PROPERLY, a skill we have 'till this day), and then parted gaming company via the Atari ST and Amiga. i went onto the Megadrive, then gave up until the Playstation. (very nearly straight to the PS2) and then onto today. looking around the site, and thinking about the Underworld experience i want, especially as i recently got an old F.S.T. (old, but OK), i'm wondering whether to go to PS3 now. but i'm worried about the problems i've heard it can have...:eek:

feanor1999
22nd Jun 2008, 07:30
Ayup All...

Success! HA HA !

I spent 5 mins this morning putting all Lara's Game saves onto 1 memory card, and did the Legend ones last. I thought 'might as well have a quick go at Kazakhstan boss, and see what happens', so twenty seconds later, i was grappling the sword piece and saving the end of that dire Boss battle!

YAAAAAY ! Off to King Arthur's Carpark! (which incidentally, is a REAL place in Tintagel itself!) YAAAAAY! :lol: :lol: