PDA

View Full Version : The Dream Eaters

Rigtinn
24th Jul 2012, 14:03
What do you guys think these characters? They are a welcome addition in my opinion and they help bring much of Birth by Sleep's combat in as well.

xIllusionist
24th Jul 2012, 14:45
The first thing I'll say is that they're very cute hehehe. It ties in with the cheerful, colorful aspects of the Disney element that's seen in KH. Plus, it's very different since it's the first time we see these characters.

Lightning_Stryker
24th Jul 2012, 14:54
Like Illusionist said, they are cute and colorful xD but I'd like to see what changes they bring to KH and learn mire about them

iambasho777
24th Jul 2012, 23:04
I really like that you have to level up your Spirits to gain new abilities, it allows you to chose the order you get your abilities in (unlike all but BBS where the list was 90% static) but also makes it far more challenging to get abilities than BBS's setup was. Plus, now I get to yell at creative characters when they act stupid, not an overgrown dog and duck! ^^

Bluehurricane11
25th Jul 2012, 00:04
Well i like the idea. It sort of takes the kid icarus card idea but this time you actually get a thing you can use. I just hope they are more available than the kid icarus cards because i live in Wisconsin and there is no big shop or anything that is like the nintendo store in NY. It would be cool if they sold them like tcgs

Ryutim
25th Jul 2012, 10:32
I'm pretty sure that the cards are just for the pre-order bonus (and the Mark of Mastery edition of course), so I don't think that there'll be any card packs or anything, but I might be wrong.

new_tradition
1st Aug 2012, 00:47
Just started playing (was raining really hard on my end and couldn't grab the game until this evening ;A; ), and I was wondering if there was a limit, per se, with how much you could pet your dream eaters per session? I was petting one of them, and while it did start to slow down with the stat gain in the petting screen, it didn't stop. So could I theoretically just keep petting them and gaining stats? Nevermind that would be rather boring xD

iambasho777
1st Aug 2012, 03:11
While I don't think there's a limit, after petting them enough times the spot where you get decent exp/lp/ap boosts starts to move to very random (and sometimes hard to pet) places, like the wingtips of the Komori Bat or the middle pair of feet on the Frootz Cat.

new_tradition
4th Aug 2012, 01:10
Oh, I see. That makes sense. It sounded like they were getting annoyed/distressed (well, the Komori Bat specifically sounded pissed, lol) when I kept petting them without any stat going up. Guess I didn't get any of their sweet spots after they levelled up, haha.

Automaton
4th Aug 2012, 01:55
My particular favorites are the "woe is me" look the R&R Seal gives and Kab Kannon's "I am done with this!" sudden turn and pout.

Dream Eaters are fun, yes?

CrimsonalCore
5th Aug 2012, 14:10
I hope Dream Eaters aren't spoiler in here. :/

for me, it's my dear Me Me Bunny because she's really adorable and I really love to have a keychain of that so I could put on my 3DS or a plush one, too!

What's your favorite Dream Eater(s) and why?

iambasho777
5th Aug 2012, 17:18
For Flick Rush it's Zolephant - DAT BOULDER SMASH!!!! Seriously, that move is an easy S rank in all of the Flick Rush cups

For an ally, so far it's a tie between Frootz Cat and Fin Fatale, they both have a nice move variety.

For an enemy, I gotta say the T-Rex, those things are freaking awesome and hard to take down, but not cheap.

xIllusionist
5th Aug 2012, 17:22
I'm in Prankster's Paradise right now, and I'm just wondering when you can have 3 dream eaters at once. Or is that not possible?

finalfantasynerd2
5th Aug 2012, 17:27

for me, it's my dear Me Me Bunny because she's really adorable and I really love to have a keychain of that so I could put on my 3DS or a plush one, too!

It would be Meow Wow its so awesome and the first I made so far, the game is cool we can chat later friend me im new in this two hey meow wow is awesome when he bounces he's funny I wanna get the plush version lof him too!!!!!!!!! http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139243/29277901/Square%20Enix%20Meow%20Wow.jpg

member_10551005
5th Aug 2012, 17:44
oWo I love Meow wow *3* cause its a good boy <3

Runesmithy
5th Aug 2012, 18:38
You can only have two dream eaters out at once. The third you can switch in, but it will not be on the screen or attack.

DerekMaverick
5th Aug 2012, 18:57
I really like Pricklemane. Just in everything. Enemy it's really easy, as an ally it can be really helpful and in flick rush I just spam rage.

member_10573511
5th Aug 2012, 19:39
Either the aura tiger or lion, real names escape at this point. nearly impossible to kill and just look so dang cool. hard to make though, spent all my munny on dream pieces for them and still didnt have enough.

Davidripin
5th Aug 2012, 19:43
MEOW WOW THE CUTEST ONE!!!! BETTER THEN A DOG OR A CAT

xIllusionist
5th Aug 2012, 22:12
You can only have two dream eaters out at once. The third you can switch in, but it will not be on the screen or attack.

Oh poop, I could've sworn I saw 3 dream eaters in one of the KH3D commercials. But then again that wouldn't make sense too since it's always been 3 in a party (including Sora). Thanks for your help!

sqex_3665820
7th Aug 2012, 08:09
I like Necho Cat; it's really adorable and fun to play with. The name also remains me of a certain someone who I named it after and dyed it orange for... *cough* Plus, I love using the Link Sytle Darkest Fears with Riku :D

Automaton
8th Aug 2012, 12:23
But Sudo Neku is more like Neku than Necho Cat.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I like how they bastardized a lot of the Japanese Dream Eater names for localization. I mean, a lot of them sound the same or close if you pronounce it right...

But let's get to my preliminary list, now.

<ul>
Kab Kannon, far and away in first.
Ryu Dragon
Lord Kyroo
Aura Lion
Tyranto Rex
Frootz Cat
Meow Wow
Komory Bat
[/list]

member_10827566
8th Aug 2012, 13:08
My favorite Dream Eater is the Iceguin Ace because penguins are my favorite animal!

xIllusionist
10th Aug 2012, 01:32
My favorite Dream Eater is the Iceguin Ace because penguins are my favorite animal!

Same here! I also like Meow Wow (I named mine Hot Dog xD).

DQ9
10th Aug 2012, 08:33
I like the me me bunny and the necho cat. But my favorite is meowjesty! It like a HUGE meow wow-with a crown :P

IvoryShade
10th Aug 2012, 09:33
Aura Lion

Lightning_Stryker
10th Aug 2012, 09:39
I like meow wow. So cute! XD

member_10827409
10th Aug 2012, 09:48
(humph! they're practically useless.)

member_10827409
10th Aug 2012, 10:02
no offence.

kingdom117
11th Aug 2012, 23:19
It would be Meow Wow its so awesome and the first I made so far, the game is cool we can chat later friend me im new in this two hey meow wow is awesome when he bounces he's funny I wanna get the plush version lof him too!!!!!!!!!

oWo I love Meow wow *3* cause its a good boy <3

MEOW WOW THE CUTEST ONE!!!! BETTER THEN A DOG OR A CAT

I also like Meow Wow (I named mine Hot Dog xD).

I like meow wow. So cute! XD

Did anyone said my name? :P

Lightning_Stryker
12th Aug 2012, 10:16
Lolz that's funny! xD Komori bat is cool too xD

member_10628951
12th Aug 2012, 13:03
I just created this dream eater but it's bad A. I think its name is Keeba Tiger. It looks like a saber tooth tiger but better. Anyways they kick major but. Hard as enemies and deadly as allies. Right now I am at the last boss fight for Sora on Proud and wow is he tough the lowest I got him was like at 2 bars left. So now I am just grinding my levels and leveling up all my dream eaters and their abilities they give me so I can take this guy on.

member_10706917
12th Aug 2012, 13:08
My favorite Dream Eater is Aura Lion. 2nd Keeba Tiger.

iambasho777
13th Aug 2012, 01:14
I would like to retract my former opinion and say that Ryu Dragon is my favorite Spirit now that I've made all 51. This guy is a total BEAST and he comes with Superglide, Meteor Crash, Mega Flare, and more!

member_10827409
13th Aug 2012, 01:44
hmm... sounds powerful. then again they're not actually useless . ^_^ *chuckes*

MintVanilla
13th Aug 2012, 06:09
There really needs to be more Dream Eater/Spirits merch (the Meow Wow plush is expensive). My favorites are the Frootz Cat and the Kyroo family, sometimes I like to use an all Kyroo team.

member_10590028
13th Aug 2012, 20:54
I would have to say that I like Electricorn, Tyranto Rex, Ryu Dragon and Pegaslick all equally. They all look cool to me and have great abilities as far as I know. I just finished the game yesterday and I must say that I loved it. I ran into a problem today though. Old Julius decided to pop up out of nowhere and I don't have the stuff to beat him. I'm just gonna grind until I'm able to beat him and then try a playthrough on Critical Mode. Proud Mode was a challenge but the real one is Critical.

jbcortinas
13th Aug 2012, 21:00

ruka nuka

White_Dynomite
15th Aug 2012, 02:12
There really needs to be more Dream Eater/Spirits merch (the Meow Wow plush is expensive). My favorites are the Frootz Cat and the Kyroo family, sometimes I like to use an all Kyroo team.

Keeba tiger!!

member_10120918
23rd Aug 2012, 17:34
So technically we have only 4 cards available, 5 including the Stand Card. So when is Square enix releasing new Ar cards for KH3D?

member_10621553
7th Sep 2012, 10:21
The plush is now up on the SE Merch site.
The price is $34.99

ssl.square-enix-shop.com/SqEx/us/ShowDet... (https://ssl.square-enix-shop.com/SqEx/us/ShowDetail.action?productId=1345&sid=1347030992795k6fe5KfQEJ)

Now just waiting on the 3D soundtrack.

OmegaHer0
14th Sep 2012, 15:50
It's true that Dream Eaters are from the realm of sleep and it is true that the nightmares just implant bad dream by consuming happy ones while the spirits eat the bad dreams. But, aren't any of you wondering where do the dream eaters really come from?

I have a theory about the dream eaters and why they are divided into two different kinds of dream eaters. We already know that they live in the world of sleep, but I believe that they are the manifestation of our thoughts, our hearts and our souls all put together. Whether it is a beautiful dream or an ugly nightmare, the result is the same that all dream eaters are born from all of us whenever we sleep and search for our dreams whether it would be we're awake or asleep. For example, a person has an ongoing trauma or fear that manifests into a bad dream and that bad dream will appear via day or night, but by denying it, a nightmare dream eater is created and will go berserk starting with the person who created that nightmare in the first place. However, by accepting that trauma or fear, a spirit dream eater is born from that acceptance as all dream eaters come from all those who have dreams. An alternative to having a spirit as your partner dream eater is that you have a strong, but good dream that you keep fighting for. Usually the two situations of creating spirits from yourself based on your dreams creates a common occurance of two dream eater partners.

Take me for example, My fear is that I'm afraid of the dark and that It is so dark, I am so scared that it might swallow me to the bad place, but I accepted my fear and overcame it which creates a Peepsta Hoo from inside of my thoughts, my heart and my soul. Also, I have a dream that is so strong that I am fighting for it. My dream is to have a multitasking career in multimedia. I wanted to be a screenwriter, artist (music, drawing), director (video game, movie, tv show, art), and composer. My hopes and dreams is also what creates a Necho Cat from inside of myself.

I have told you about what my dreams and hopes are along with my fears and trauma yet accepting and overcaming the shortcomings. It's high time that you told everyone what are your fears along with what are your dreams for the future that give birth to the dream eaters inside of you.

Bhalditar
8th Oct 2012, 05:27
Which one would it be?

While my first inclination would be Meow Wow, I'd really dislike all my stuff being crushed under a bouncing ball of blubber. Maybe something low-maintenance like a Toximander - though my carpet better not get soaked with poison gunk. Neh, nevermind.

Hebby Repp seems fine, not too noisy and his bad breath could repel home invaders.

xIllusionist
8th Oct 2012, 13:48
Mine would be the Iceguin Ace. But that's only because I love penguins haha.

Ryutim
8th Oct 2012, 21:31
I'd get a ryu dragon, both for the name and for the chance to ride it. Cars and chocobos are fine, but nothing can beat riding a dragon.

member_10751449
8th Oct 2012, 22:11
I don't want to have another pet because when they die, they take a piece of your heart with them.

Ryutim
9th Oct 2012, 23:37
Then a dream eater would be the perfect pet, because unless you let them die in battle (and it's really easy to keep them from dying, or at least, reviving them when they do) they don't die from either hunger or age, at least, if you consider the fact that they can't do so in the game, and we're essentially taking them from the game world, they should still follow the rules, or lack thereof, concerning the lifespans they possess.

new_tradition
11th Nov 2012, 12:50
So, umm....I sort of forgot about this game and just started playing it again recently (lol, such a pain trying to avoid the spoilers people kept spewing all over the place xD)

Anyways, I'm confused about some aspect about these creatures. Actually, a LOT of things >.<

Are we SUPPOSED to max out their affinity levels? 'Cause I sort of move on to a new dream eater once the abilities are maxed. Also, I noticed depending on an dream eater's disposition, new pathways on their ability board open up, but how do you as a player know there's more abilities or not to still learn per dream eater?

That said, I don't even really get why you would stick to one dream eater for a while when it's just easier to create new, much more powerful ones when you get enough peices. A recipe isn't even really required to create them to boot, so it's not too hard, I think *ponders*

Also, I have a dream eater that learned all their abilities and with max affinity-can I do anything with the dream eater beyond using it in battle? It has so many LP points just sitting there that I would love to transfer over to some other DEs, but I guess that's not possible, right? :/

What is the point of having a slot for a third DE? I know about the Flick Rush Cups, but can the third DE be used in battle or something? I've had a dream eater get KOed, but I only got a prompt about having to revive it lest it breaks down into dream peices again D:

Finally, when you link to both dreams eaters at once, does that count as a single link to each, or will the game only tally a link to a single dream eater when I ACTUALLY link to a single dream eater?

Whoa! That was a lot. Haha, sorry guys, I'm just really confused about these details. I'm close to beating the game, but I feel like I'm making things harder for myself and I don't know why :/

Help is appreciated~

iambasho777
11th Nov 2012, 14:15
Are we SUPPOSED to max out their affinity levels? 'Cause I sort of move on to a new dream eater once the abilities are maxed. Also, I noticed depending on an dream eater's disposition, new pathways on their ability board open up, but how do you as a player know there's more abilities or not to still learn per dream eater?
You get a trophy for having one of all 51 spirits with level 9 affinity. Each spirit has 16 abilities/commands/items, so just keep changing dispositions until you have all 16. On one of the status screens (either under the status menu or the DE changing menu, can't remember) you can change pages and see an ability list for that Spirit.

Also, I have a dream eater that learned all their abilities and with max affinity-can I do anything with the dream eater beyond using it in battle? It has so many LP points just sitting there that I would love to transfer over to some other DEs, but I guess that's not possible, right? :/
Nope, but they do only level up while in your party and * ranked spirits outclass Sora's and Riku's lvl 99 stats by around level 40.

What is the point of having a slot for a third DE? I know about the Flick Rush Cups, but can the third DE be used in battle or something? I've had a dream eater get KOed, but I only got a prompt about having to revive it lest it breaks down into dream peices again D:
You can use the stylus to drag your third spirit in to replace one of your current ones. I usually keep a buffer, healer, and attacker on for boss fights (for a lvl 1 CM run) and switch out the buffer and healer as needed.

Finally, when you link to both dreams eaters at once, does that count as a single link to each, or will the game only tally a link to a single dream eater when I ACTUALLY link to a single dream eater?
It counts as both getting linked to and both will get link counts (for the locks) and affinity points for it.

For future reference, use this DE FAQ
www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997779-kingdom-hear... (http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/faqs/64749)
Dozing put a ton of effort into it, and it's extremely comprehensive. You'll find everything from ability lists in every useful form to recipes to link board maps in it.

WhitePrism
29th Nov 2012, 23:01
I don't want to have another pet because when they die, they take a piece of your heart with them.

True indeed... I stopped getting pets because of this eventual fate. It would be nice to see them and hug them like Sora did at the ending though. Kinda like a zoo. XD

member_10706996
18th Dec 2012, 23:29
Hmm I think SQUARE ENIX may have already fulfilled one of my wishes haha. Even though it's not animate/living, I really adore the Meow Wow plush I bought. It's woven together very well with high quality fabric.

member_10706996
23rd Dec 2012, 21:37
My favorite Dream Eaters are Lord Kyroo, Flowbermeow, and Ryu Dragon. They have great support moves such as Spirit Roar, Combo Assist, Haste, etc. Their stat boosts and ability additions are great together as well.

Silverwing
13th Mar 2013, 17:54
The Komory Bat, Aura Lion and Skelterwild. My dream team

CJ0114
2nd Apr 2013, 12:10
Me Me Bunny is my favorite dream eater. I like the way it fights. It's spinning attack looks awesome, like it's breakdancing.

Bobguy117
3rd Apr 2013, 19:15
My favorite Dream Eaters are Lord Kyroo, Flowbermeow, and Ryu Dragon. They have great support moves such as Spirit Roar, Combo Assist, Haste, etc. Their stat boosts and ability additions are great together as well.

Same, though I don't know if I prefer Flowbermeow or Meowgesty. They're both hilarious and awesome. I used that squar for my entire level 1 run and they never let me down.

moody728
5th May 2013, 23:27
I like Komory Bat and Hebby Repp.

moody728
5th May 2013, 23:32
Komory Bat and Hebby Repp. The Death Metal Spirits.

Xemns92
21st Aug 2013, 12:40
One of KH3D objectives is to max out every spirit's affinity level. As I understood the only way to max the affinity level is to pet or to level up your spirits, but it really takes a long time. Does anyone now a faster way to increase the affinity level?