PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary And Legend Link To Underworld

TombRaiderBabbii
5th Jun 2008, 10:42
here are some things i was thinking about after playing tra and trl.

They may well be related to TRU, i'm trying to find some sort of connection.

Daises everywhere,

swords in stones,

atlantean scion,

7th age,

Eternal natla,

father in search of scion desperatley,

tihocan, qualopec and natla- (all remants could form together to make underworld),

father as i mentioned earlier may play a crucial roll,

natla crates,

resemblance between amanda and natla,

demon thing in TRL, how did amanda manage to survive?,

drawings on pillars surrounding dais,

natla says "this is only one remnant of atlantis i shall find another"-where could the other remnants of
atlantis be?,

laras mothers pendant given innocently to her by her father in ghana but how did it attach to the sword,

what happened to the sword when amelia dissapeared- how did the fragments of it manage to be in other countries?

why are the others including amanda looking for the sword,and even the artifacts in TRU?

5 days of wayeb,

scion has writing engraved,

it may have been revamped,

so that the 3 peices of the scion might also represent
something as well as tihocan, natla and qualopec,
has anyone realised that the scion looks the same as the place where the dias is kept, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIVsJVKKwU, look at this!

The remake of tomb raider may have been so that cd could give clues and information as well as doing a trilogy,
lara found out via anaya that there was another stone dais in bolivia, how did anaya know- she heard rumours "apparently" could she be against lara and working for the others we may later find out in TRU,
could lara go back in time to find out that her mother is in the 7th age, lara-"what is the seventh age", natla-"how far are you willing to find out lara?"
in TRU it says that lara needs to stop things and save the world from mayhem and disaster, Natla might have come back again to cause the mayhem and disater, after all she wanted to rule the world and said that lara could not kill her.
Natla could have saved amanda back then, there's something about that amethyst and the demon- which could be natla,
Amanda says "she went were i was supposed to go, where you could have gone"- avalon!,
why would amanda have to "go to avalon"
why did the camera zoom into the picture that lara drew of the yeti,
and why did lara say that she and the queen viracocha "were so close" isn't viracocha meant to be ancient?
lara went to peru in tomb raider anniversary and in legend, could there be a link?
according to amanda- its not a myth and her mother is still alive
amanda definetly knew what was going to happen down there because she called lara in and was guiding her, she did take a tour maybe that same day or ages ago, and wud have discovered fluffy, she knew fluffy very well, and did that dileberately
if daises are evrywhere then might we come across one in TRU
why wasnt richard croft with lara and amelia when they were going on their journey- what could he have possibly be doing
what will be proffesor edingtons oppinion about excalibur be, might we see him in TRU
drawings- the same symbols were on amandas back as tatoos and on natlas wings, they looked similair to the drawing on the pillars- by the way someone already said that in this forum- i didnt come up with that but i like the fact that they noticed it.
what exactly happened when amanda infiltrated croft manor- could she have got information from zip and alister
natla might have even come back as amanda! come on shes done it once im sure she'll do it again!
lara thought that avalon was on the other side of the looking glass

king arthur, excalibur, swords in stones, merlin,avalon,scion ,atlantis,- theyre all mythical places!!! could be clues relating to the underworld.
Natla tells lara that the answers she sought her entire life are in the scion, so the answer to where her mother is,of course.

ok there all the things i could think of that would lead to TRU, you never know maybe there could be a kind of link after all. Especially the scion and excalibur for some reason.

Rachie
6th Jun 2008, 23:28
You might be onto something here TombRaiderBabii!

I agree, I think Natla has a huge significance for TRU. I believe that the whole plot about the creatures from Underworld escaping has something to do with Natla's revenge.

Also, am I the only person to notice the dead, somewhat charred body beside the dais when Lara was nine and her mother went to Avalon??

I mean, when you are in Nepal in TRL Lara says "Thats strange, these doors were open last I was here...." and if you watch the cinematic 'Nepal Part 2' you see the dead guy.

Who is he? How did he die? The sword was still in the dais, so if someone killed him, why didn't they use it to go to Avalon? Why leave it there?

Rachie
6th Jun 2008, 23:54
Oh, after re-reading your queries, I noticed I can answer a few questions!

laras mothers pendant given innocently to her by her father in ghana but how did it attach to the sword,

The pendant is designed to put the sword pieces back together, it doesn't actually attach to the sword.

what happened to the sword when amelia dissapeared- how did the fragments of it manage to be in other countries?

Well, it didn't. The sword you search for in TRL is actually another sword, King Arthur's to be exact. Amelia's sword went with her to Avalon.

Why did the camera zoom into the picture that lara drew of the yeti,
and why did lara say that she and the queen viracocha "were so close" isn't viracocha meant to be ancient?

She didn't mean the ACTUAL Queen, she ment that her and her team of budding archaeologists back when she went there first and the team that went in died, and the fact that they were so close in discovering the Emerald egg with the Queen and her ceremonial copy of the sword.

according to amanda- its not a myth and her mother is still alive
amanda definetly knew what was going to happen down there because she called lara in and was guiding her, she did take a tour maybe that same day or ages ago, and wud have discovered fluffy, she knew fluffy very well, and did that dileberately

No, she had no more idea than Lara did. She took the stone out of desperation for survival, and that triggered the whole place to fill with water. And now my theory kicks in:

Just as you see Lara swimming away for air, I believe that Amanda managed to release "Fluffy", and "Fluffy" seeing the holder of his stone in trouble managed to get her out from under the rocks and haul her along to saftey via the route you took to get in the tomb (The lake). If you look carefully as you swim down, you'll see one of the gates with skulls on them bent chaotically - not inwards, but outwards, a subtle clue to Amanda's survival.

Then Amanda, seeing the team and Lara having left and not bothered to go back down and see wether she really had survived (Amanda, "You know what really used to bug me though? When I got out and saw that you had left without even trying to..... what is it archaologists do? Oh, right. Dig.") was consumed with rage at Lara for "leaving her behind". That and the trauma of her near-death experience is what caused her to......change.

why wasnt richard croft with lara and amelia when they were going on their journey- what could he have possibly be doing

Well, Richard is a well known archaeologist, and maybe he had some business he had to deal with, and Lara and Amelia were going on a short holiday! ;)

drawings- the same symbols were on amandas back as tatoos and on natlas wings, they looked similair to the drawing on the pillars- by the way someone already said that in this forum- i didnt come up with that but i like the fact that they noticed it.

That was me!! Why, thank you. :D

what exactly happened when amanda infiltrated croft manor- could she have got information from zip and alister

Yes, she did just that. She had information that Richard Croft had been in Ghana before, and so she went to see whether it was being held at Croft Manor. She bullied Alister into telling her the next location of the sword piece - Kazakstan.

Phew! Hope that helps you.

Rai
7th Jun 2008, 00:26
The main link between TRL and TRU is that Underworld is a continuation from Legend, the story is supposed to take place almost immediately after the events of Legend.

Although TombRaiderBabbii makes some interesting points (I never noticed the similarities in the markings on Natla and the tattoos on Amanda, interesting), I think the only real link is that Richard was trying his best to find out what happened to Amelia and to discover Atlantis (and Avalon?). He was discredited as an archaeologist and Lara is trying to make that right again. He was searching for the Scion and so was Lara.

Rachie
7th Jun 2008, 00:32
Oh, thanks for pointing that out Rai! :)

TombRaiderBabbii
7th Jun 2008, 10:39
i'm glad that people are paattention to this thread :) i just wanted to share what i found even though i knew the answer to some, i thought it would be interesting to see what people thought

TombRaiderBabbii
7th Jun 2008, 10:45
Also, am I the only person to notice the dead, somewhat charred body beside the dais when Lara was nine and her mother went to Avalon??

I mean, when you are in Nepal in TRL Lara says "Thats strange, these doors were open last I was here...." and if you watch the cinematic 'Nepal Part 2' you see the dead guy.

Who is he? How did he die? The sword was still in the dais, so if someone killed him, why didn't they use it to go to Avalon? Why leave it there?

I was also wondering about that, maybe he had tryed to actiate the sword but something stopped him because it was amelias destiny to activate it

And also this was mentioned in another thread when u are in peru and u just did the boulder puzzle if u listen carefully to what seems like white noise it says "Help me i'v been here a while"

this post is getting long hehe

EDIT: maybe amelia is a important figure in avalon and the course of history would be changed if she didnt go there

Rachie
8th Jun 2008, 01:09
And also this was mentioned in another thread when u are in peru and u just did the boulder puzzle if u listen carefully to what seems like white noise it says "Help me i'v been here a while"

:eek: Really?! I never noticed! I'll definately check that out.

Fickji
8th Jun 2008, 02:09
My own theory, its Lara's father that plays the connecting role in Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld. So whatever happens in Underworld must tie into Richard Croft's research with the connections of the diases and the scion.

Richard Croft spent the rest of his life trying to find Amalia so the diases and the scion would have to be connected.

Its hinted at the end of Legend that there's something her father knew and there's something she can do before its too late. Maybe the last 5 days also is a part of the coming of the 7th age and Lara has to stop it. Natla was trying to force the 7th age and didn't have the patience to wait.

Do we know when Richard Croft died? That may be why Lara and Amanda were doing their own thing without him there.

I also question the sentence "it's always been about this", if Lara thought her mother was dead than she couldn't be searching for her mother. Maybe she was trying to prove that her father wasn't crazy with trying to prove her father's theories and searching for things as well.

TombRaiderBabbii
has anyone realised that the scion looks the same as the place where the dias is kept

Yes I noticed this too and have commented on it before.

Whatever the answers may be we can't discredit anniversary from CD's timeframe of events so whatever was applied in anniversary must corrospond and connect to Legend and Underworld.

Could the three gods of Atlantis be originally from Avalon?

Notice the dead dude isn't there after Amalia pulls out the sword. At least I don't think he was?

Rai
8th Jun 2008, 02:18
You might be onto something here TombRaiderBabii!

I agree, I think Natla has a huge significance for TRU. I believe that the whole plot about the creatures from Underworld escaping has something to do with Natla's revenge.

I always just presumed that the dead guy was one of the pilots from the plane crash. Maybe he was scorched from the explosion? But what happened to the other pilot or co-pilot?

@fickji, Richard Croft disappeared when Lara was 16 years old, presumed dead. A body was found, but I don't think it was proved to be Richard. Could be wrong.

Rachie
8th Jun 2008, 02:30
Its hinted at the end of Legend that there's something her father knew and there's something she can do before its too late. Maybe the last 5 days also is a part of the coming of the 7th age and Lara has to stop it. Natla was trying to force the 7th age and didn't have the patience to wait.

Exactly. I think Richard Croft knew more than he's letting on. I believe the releasing of the creatures in Underworld is what the 7th age is. Kind of like Judgement Day, only with mutants. :lol:

Do we know when Richard Croft died? That may be why Lara and Amanda were doing their own thing without him there.

He "died" when Lara was my age (15) at Cambodia. Lara and the authorities went searching for him, but all they found was some human remains. Two possible theories can be made from this:

1. That he must have discovered something that would lead him to Amelia, and because his whole life was devoted to finding her, he went there to see her,

or

2. Perhaps he found out too much and something went and killed him (perhaps rather dramatically, if the remains they found are really him).

But one can only guess. ;)

I also question the sentence "it's always been about this", if Lara thought her mother was dead than she couldn't be searching for her mother. Maybe she was trying to prove that her father wasn't crazy with trying to prove her father's theories and searching for things as well.

Yes, that's exactly what she is doing, and also for answers herself. Most classic raiders fans aern't happy with this at all because apparently it shows Lara as weak and whiny. Well, if you had parents who died in exceptional circumstances, you'd want to know what happened, won't you? You'd want answers, and that's exactly what Lara wants.

But she definately loves tombs and such, and her parents mysterious deaths aren't the only motivation, don't worry. :D

"Isn't she beautiful, I'm falling in love all over again!"