PDA

View Full Version : Class Based Maps

Vallass
27th Dec 2013, 00:37
So for anyone that's played SW:Battlefront 1 or 2, you'll remember you got different troopers on different maps. I always enjoyed that I had different options on different planets. Clearly it wouldn't work out untill more classes were out, but what do people think of doing that here?

Lets say we've got a human stronghold that has waterways and such going to and fro, that'd be a wonderful map for Rahab's vamps, but the Melchiam would be in a bit of a pinch due to the lack of ground to travel through after a while. I mean there would be bridges across the waterways, but you can't very well tunnel through a bridge. So They'd have the Rahabs be playable class on that map and leave the Melchaim out.

The same could be done with all the classes. An ancient vampire nest underground is being attacked, well obviously the Razielim wouldn't be much help, but the Zephonim would be amazing, so they're switched out. There are easy ways of implementing this for every class, I just don't wanna go through and do a whole pie chart thing. :D

For those who want all the classes, there would be maps for all of them of course. They could even make a few of those into a Halo Big battle style 10v10 fight or something. I for one would LOVE to see an army of vamps charging a human citadel or base, or seeing human ragtag hit-and-runs rain fire and death down on a vamp army from up high. Now like I said, this would have to be implemented after more classes were added in, but what do you guys think?

Sluagh
14th Jan 2014, 17:25
I think it might be fun for some small maps. Admittedly, I haven't played yet so hard for me to say. You could make some good use of the environment with a few class based maps I suppose. A climb map, with just Zephonim and Dumahim could be quite cool, where they have to get up to the humans on a raised platform. But they'd need some kind of advantage of their own when they got up there.

Vampmaster
14th Jan 2014, 18:17
I don't know. I think it might not be getting full use of either the class or the map if done that way, although maybe it could work in a coop mode where there's a task that requires one or two specific clans.

EDIT: Just to explain, if it's a coop level with less characters, you can fit more scripted tasks to complete and maybe stretch it out into a bit or a journey. If you're progressing through a mission, then IMO that would feel like you're accomplishing more as your character.

Razaiim
14th Jan 2014, 18:54
Right now the game is set-up so that the classes don't have these niche map dependent roles. If a separate Nosgoth project were in the works that is not PvP driven, then Vampmaster's thoughts could work. I find trying to incorporate too much into a project dilutes the original premise too much.

Sluagh
14th Jan 2014, 19:06
Right now the game is set-up so that the classes don't have these niche map dependent roles. If a separate Nosgoth project were in the works that is not PvP driven, then Vampmaster's thoughts could work. I find trying to incorporate too much into a project dilutes the original premise too much.

Fair point.