PDA

View Full Version : Can you do Lara's moves in real life?

angerzXraider
1st Jun 2008, 21:17
I was wondering if anyone here knows how to do some of Lara Croft's moves in real-life, such as somersaults, front and back flips, rolls, aerials, cartwheels, handstands, etc.

I was a cheerleader a few years ago so I kind of know how to tumble. I used to be able to do a round-off which is a cartwheel and back flip one right after the other, I also used to know how to do a handstand. But I haven't practiced in so long, and my entire house has marble floor, and no room in the back yard, only dirt and stepping stones. So I really have no place to practice. I dont feel like falling on my face in a public park either.

I can still cartwheel and I've been practicing my splits, but I'm still about a foot from the floor :( I stretch for hours every day!!!! I'm getting closer. Lara has inspired me to become active again, and I want to join beginning gymnastics, but first I'm trying to learn the handstand again, and make sure I do the splits completely before I join since those are two main moves.

Does anyone know how to do some moves? If so, how did you teach yourself to do them? And any other things you want to add. :D

Tomb-Dude
1st Jun 2008, 22:21
I use to relel enjoy doing gymnastics at school. Doing trampet, runnign up and springing off and doing forward flips, can do cartfeels started to learn round offs and things like that. In the swimming pool i can run up the wall kick off and do a back ward flip all the way round. hehe, very easy it sounds but its not lol.
Im a guy and latly i've become very lazy and not as actuive as i use to. Maybe because of accidents i have had :scratch:
I can still sort do a front flip but i land on my back, nearly had a nasty accident at trampet. Landed on neck and was in pain but didn't break it thank god, but i still tried.
Can do rock climbing, started to get good at that on the wall i had at my school. Except i hate heights :lol:
And obviously not as good as Lara lol
Not really a move but hand to hand combat, I use to do judo and taekwondo. Quite both but in judo i started my somersaults.

Handstands i use to be good at and then going to my feet sort of thing.
but now i doubt i can do any of that, as i haven't done anything in ages :(

Treeble
1st Jun 2008, 23:39
One day just for fun I did the shimmy animation on the outer side of the condo's stairs. I could work all the way to the top of the first set, but my arms started to hurt like hell so I let go. It was fun for the whole 10 seconds it might have lasted. Never tried again. I've seen some parkour videos on youtube so I decided I'd let the people that actually know that stuff do it. :D (plus the day after we got people complaining about the foot prints on the wall, lol. :p)

Tirinka
3rd Jun 2008, 00:16
I've never been one for gymnastics, and I fail at anything that requires flexibility. That, and I can't do a cartwheel or a handstand at all. Nothing close.
However, I can do the underwater stunt that Tomb-Dude described. That's fun.
I can do the underwater roll, too, but that's basic. Heh, whatever, I'm just a kid.

How I would love to be able to swan dive into cement without breaking my neck...

Werner Von Croy
3rd Jun 2008, 04:11
Hell no :lol:

Katin-ka
3rd Jun 2008, 06:37
i can do handstand-as Lara does..

GoranAgar
3rd Jun 2008, 09:00
I can run into a wall and fall down a ledge like she does. ;)

LegendLost
3rd Jun 2008, 10:14
Actually.... My school has this ridiculous outdoor jungle gym type course, crazier than Laras training and we do all kinda of crazy stuff. Tight rope, rock climbing, lunging 40 feet in the air to grab a ball. Keep in mind we have harnesses on, but its still crazy and kinda scary. I'll have pics up later today.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7640/gymclassrb5.jpg

TDK
3rd Jun 2008, 10:16
hehehe not me :rasp:
but i can do ( or lets say used to do ) :lol: cartwheel :D when i was like 10 but now i cant do any thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomb-Dude
3rd Jun 2008, 10:29
Can't really do swan dives though to be honest end up being belly flops more :lol:

I would love to have an outside training area, that would be so much fun. Leeping around like lara, cimbing and shimming ledges. :D

LisaB1962
3rd Jun 2008, 12:28
Cartwheel.

Actually, we taught out children how to "be safe" with Lara. In the deep end? "Chook-chook" around the edge. (That's what we call the shimmying, after the sound I guess.) Too scared to make that jump? Turn around and safety drop.

They knew all the moves' names, so it made it easy to explain what we wanted them to do. :lol:

LaraCroftRox
3rd Jun 2008, 13:58
Ummm, well I do Taekwondo and I'm trying to do the splits. I can swan dive and I've been told I swim like Lara does... hmmmmmm I can do handstand and cartwheel. How pathetic is that? :D

TDK
3rd Jun 2008, 18:31
why not sounds a good idea to have a training area outside ur house like in the old manor :lol:
:lol:

Can't really do swan dives though to be honest end up being belly flops more :lol:

I would love to have an outside training area, that would be so much fun. Leeping around like lara, cimbing and shimming ledges. :D

Tomb-Dude
3rd Jun 2008, 19:58
:lol: TDK, i wonder if there is anywhere in devon or somewhere where there is like a training thing like that :scratch:
Would love to find something like it and give it a try :D

james987654321
4th Jun 2008, 02:21
I can do tumble rolls which are kinda like swan dives (if i can stretch my arms out in time, but i dont try), i can cartwheel and handstand and can almost do a backflip off the bar. I just taught myself those things while at the gym. You kinda just learn these things while surounded by crash mats and equipment through perserverence. Im gonna try difficult moves soon like backflips etc

rg_001100
4th Jun 2008, 03:33

Well I can walk, run, crawl, swim....
I suppose I can grunt as I climb a ladder.
Never tried the 'swan-dive-from-a-great-height-and-snap-neck' move though.

Goose Master
4th Jun 2008, 16:00
I think thats one you can do without.

If you can carry your own body weight for more then 30 seconds then you can do most of her moves, except the fancy ones that dont do much, like the swan dive or handstand.

If you can do more then 10 pull ups or chin ups, then your strong enough to climb, shimmy and the rest. jogging constantly might be abit of a challenge though.

TDK
4th Jun 2008, 16:26
omg thts rele cool i wish if i can go there , hehe tomb dude wana join me :D
LegendLost this gym is crazy and cool woha :nut:

Actually.... My school has this ridiculous outdoor jungle gym type course, crazier than Laras training and we do all kinda of crazy stuff. Tight rope, rock climbing, lunging 40 feet in the air to grab a ball. Keep in mind we have harnesses on, but its still crazy and kinda scary. I'll have pics up later today.

Goose Master
4th Jun 2008, 16:28
omg thts rele cool i wish if i can go there , hehe tomb dude wana join me :D
LegendLost this gym is crazy and cool woha :nut:

I bet theres a story thats been going around the school for years about 'the boy who fell' and his ghost.

TDK
4th Jun 2008, 16:32
hehehe i think ur right , its scary to go up there :eek:

I bet theres a story thats been going around the school for years about 'the boy who fell' and his ghost.

LegendLost
4th Jun 2008, 18:04

It's new this year, but I bet the rumors will start up for the kids in the future. Maybe I should start it now. haha

Goose Master
4th Jun 2008, 18:19
It's new this year, but I bet the rumors will start up for the kids in the future. Maybe I should start it now. haha

Of course you have to work in the fact that officially it was an accident, but really a teacher was involved.

Then wait 10 years before re-visiting to see how the story has evolved.

LegendLost
4th Jun 2008, 18:23
haha

Rai
4th Jun 2008, 21:53
Whoah, LegendLost, your school's assault course is scary :eek:. What type of school do you go to anyway, military? :p

I'm pretty bad at any type of gymnastics. At a push I could maybe climb a bit, but I don't think I'd last long. I had a go at the monkey bars in the local park and..ahem...I can't admit how far I didn't get. :lol:

I am remarkably excellent at falling, however. It's why I was never gonna make a good majorette. I never did master the splits.

LegendLost
4th Jun 2008, 23:41
Whoah, LegendLost, your school's assault course is scary :eek:. What type of school do you go to anyway, military? :p

Actually it's a basic public school. It's just we have over 3,000 kids in our school so the funding for things is a little higher than most. Thats only half the coarse, not to mention we have indoor rock climbing and assault course stuff.

Look up project Adventure, it's a new thing that many schools are getting.

TombRaiderPrincess
6th Jun 2008, 08:33
Ummm, well I do Taekwondo and I'm trying to do the splits. I can swan dive and I've been told I swim like Lara does... hmmmmmm I can do handstand and cartwheel. How pathetic is that? :D

You can't swan dive!! **** When I asked you to do it you said you can't without breaking your neck!!:)

Tomb-Dude
11th Jun 2008, 22:59
Me and my sister went to the beach toerh other day and we went rock pooling but not look for craps instead we were searching for something completly different. We reminded our selfs of Lara/ A tomb Raider as we were leaping from rock to rock sliding down, climbing up and using our handsas a weight to move our feet around a certain bit.
Sort of made me wonder how lara can jump around like a monkey. But maybe being a computer game may help?:scratch:

Boogie
14th Jun 2008, 19:16
well thats the thing being a dancer, it was kinda helpful to start gymnastics and the same young age for flexibilty, and it took me four years to get to forward roll to spring to walk over to walk over to prepare jump then a little showy jump at the end. Thats what you can do with Lara on legend if u press circle i think over and over. Thats wot i think is the problem, my friend who joined at twelve could do it when she was fourteen. so it's not HUGELY olympic, i cant do any thing else she does (except the obvious, walking XD) but the only reason i couldnt do it dooner was becoz my size (too small etc). But yeah dnt do it too much ne more, prefer to dance reli:D and thats the stroy of how to be a mover like lara ;)

Miss3KJo
21st Jun 2008, 17:25
i used to take gymnastic (sorry if bad spelling lol) classes so i could pretty much do most of what she could. Now i havent done any excercise so i wonder xD. All i think i can do is a front flick, the same as back but to the front lol, and things like that. But i would LOVE to be able to do half she can =o

RUGRLN
21st Jun 2008, 18:38
:lol: :lol:

WICKED!!! That's so amazing, but I'm sure I'd be scared to death to try it, so high!
That's really amazing the stuff you got there!

Kami
21st Jun 2008, 19:37

YEah Ive been to similar training courses. In summer I go there amost every day because its near where I live.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/mostlara.jpg

But those courses arent even near the moves lara does... well, at least in the classics

BTW: this one looks as if I can climb rocks doesnt it? :p
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/NightWish6969/haah.jpg

LaraCroftRox
24th Jun 2008, 14:24
You can't swan dive!! **** When I asked you to do it you said you can't without breaking your neck!!:)

That's because when you asked me too demonstrate:
a: We were in a shopping centre
b: The floor was tiled, it it wouldve hurt a lot! ;)

P.S: Just realized you cant reply Beth, because your banned, lol. :lol: sorry about that. :o