PDA

View Full Version : Colour/object tint of waterfall.

smudge33
1st Jun 2008, 17:39
Hello everyone,

My waterfall is acting strangely.

I have tinted the object so that is looks like blue water colour. Originally, they would not change colour in game.

Then, for not discernable reason they decided to work, that is go blue. Then after a couple of times they all went back to having no colour (as if they had not been tinted).

Anyone know how to colour/tint a waterfall and get it to stay tinted in game?

Thanks.

Smudge.

GeorgeMaciver
2nd Jun 2008, 12:21
Hi Smudge, I've hit this problem a couple of times, only my waterfalls turned gold and they weren't tinted at all! Eventually pinned the problem down to an object in the WAD and when I removed it, the colour went back to normal. Have you added and deleted an object to your WAD around the same time the colour changed?

bedazzled
4th Jun 2008, 06:07
This has also happened to me in two levels, resize the waterfall texture to 256 x 256 pixels. You can also do try this way if you havn't added / deleted any objects as George said. Yoy need to make a wad containing only the waterfall open it in Strpix and export the waterfall texture resize it then add it back into the waterfall wad with wadmerger and re texture the waterfall in Strpix. This was how I finally solved the problem. :)

smudge33
5th Jun 2008, 16:38
Thanks for replying. Sorry taken so long to get back to you, been away from computer.

I don't think I've added anything to the WAD since I put the waterfalls in the map. As I say, they started off not working, then worked, then stopped working.

They do turn gold like yours George, that's a better way to describe it.

Can you give more detail on how I can solve it? There does not seem any logic to why it didn't work, did work then didn't.

Thanks.

Smudge.

GeorgeMaciver
5th Jun 2008, 18:14
Bedazzled is a guru in this department and following his instructions above should work. I'm sure he'll even offer to do it for you if you send him the waterfall object :thumbsup:

smudge33
7th Jun 2008, 09:56
That would be great! I wouldn't know how to do that with Strpix or whatever. We'll see what he says but I'd feel a bit guilty about being a pain.

Just for interest, what was the object that caused the trouble for you?

Smudge

GeorgeMaciver
7th Jun 2008, 10:40
It was a chest in the sarcophagus slot. The chest was superb and worked like a dream but it took resizing the waterfall object textures to fix it. It was Bedazzled who figured it out! :thumbsup:

smudge33
7th Jun 2008, 10:46
Thanks George,

I don't know how to resize them in Strpix, and then add the texture back.

Can you give me more detail on how to do those things?

Thanks.

Smudge

bedazzled
7th Jun 2008, 11:44
Hi smudge if you send the waterfall object to bedazzled@laras-workshop.co.uk I'll resize it for you. You need to have a good graphics program to do it with. :)

When I had the same problem your having just applying a portion of a texture to a wall would make the fault appear or dissapear again with no logic to it.:nut:

Pete

smudge33
7th Jun 2008, 12:10
Yeah, it's a strage problem.

Sent the was and wad of that waterfall to your address.

Thanks.

It's the little waterfall that goes inside the lion's head litle fountain thing. Will it matter if it's resized?

Smudge

bedazzled
7th Jun 2008, 13:07
Sent the resized wad back it will still fit in the lions head fountain ok. :)

smudge33
7th Jun 2008, 13:38
Works a treat!

That was really good of you to do that.

Thanks very much.

Really appreciate the help.

Smudge.

GeorgeMaciver
10th Jun 2008, 13:44
Bedazzled wrote a nice little tutorial on how to fix this problem for future reference. He even included a resized texture! :D

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/waterfalltextprob.htm

bedazzled
10th Jun 2008, 17:38
Yeah I'm an angel like that. :D