PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 On The Wii

M_I
1st Jun 2008, 14:08
Deus Ex 3 On The Wii

I mean, why not?

I know most people here will very much prefer the PC so I'll just say now it should be made on the PC first and properly before moving on to another system.

Now for the wii:

The wii remote could be used to look around just as the mouse is used. It can be used to shoot, interact with objects and use different weapons that require you to do an action other than shoot, eg. a sword. The nunchuck can be used for moving, strafing etc. The wii zapper could also be used for more hands-on shooting. To jump you could - Z button + moving the remote up - for crouching - Z button and moving it down - and so on. To go to the inventory or biomod screen you could click on an icon thats always on the screen or you could press the 1 and 2 buttons.

It would be great if they make it properlly, I'll always wait for a game if they delay to make it better. You could also use Nintendo Wi-Fi to play online.

It could be done and it could be done good.

I have a PC , PS2 and a Wii. I would buy it for the PC and Wii but it might not run good on the PC as there are updates like evry 6 months on a PC.

I've played Deux Ex : IW only on PC, actually I am still playing it ... I found it among some other games and decided to start playing. Its great, One of the best games ever and I'm looking forward for the 3rd.

What do you think about the idea for it on the Wii?

J.CDenton
1st Jun 2008, 18:03
Well sounds nice but there's a problem: could the Wii support DX3 graphic engine?

minus0ne
1st Jun 2008, 18:33
The graphics would have to be severely toned down for the Wii, and the control scheme completely re-done, but it's possible. However I prefer they work on the PC version first and foremost, and only after that start doing the console versions, for the sake of quality on ALL platforms.

Just curious though; you've never played the first game, have you?
(If you answer no, I promise I won't tar and feather you)

AaronJ
1st Jun 2008, 19:07
No.

jordan_a
1st Jun 2008, 19:33
No.

SemiAnonymous
1st Jun 2008, 20:09
I admit, it would be rather cool. But I highly doubt it would happen. If it does, though, I hope it would be a game to show all those other dev's how its done.

GruntOwner
1st Jun 2008, 20:30
I admit, it would be rather cool. But I highly doubt it would happen. If it does, though, I hope it would be a game to show all those other dev's how its done.

That would be not done at all. Look at the controls for DX, that's a whole lotta hotkeys for a very small wii mote with even less buttons than other consoles. Deus EX can't run on consoles because there are only so many buttons, which leads to features, such as leaning, being left out. The inventory would be better than most consoles, though the actual gameplay would suffer immensely.

HouseOfPain
1st Jun 2008, 22:20
No.:lmao:

SageSavage
1st Jun 2008, 22:30
*tars and feathers all the "no"-sayers here* :cool:

badkarma29
2nd Jun 2008, 23:06
What are you crazy? Do you think I want to be jumping up and down, waving my arms at 3am?

DX_ADDICT
3rd Jun 2008, 03:20
IMO, I think that the Wii controls are too wonky and inaccurate for a game like DX

Voltaire
3rd Jun 2008, 17:29
I don't think the wii is appropriate for a (possibly) stealthy sneak-em-up game. Can you imagine JC sitting behind a crate and then suddenly popping up whilst overhearing an important conversation, nodding and waving his limbs because you dropped the wii remote* or didn't position the sensor very well.

*:I refuse to say wii-mote**

**EDIT: Dammit.

Blade_hunter
4th Jun 2008, 01:17
If the Wii have the power of the PS3 XBOX 360 or a PC, I always wanted to play DX for a console like the Wii and more if we can add the mods like a PC.
But the Wii isn't powerful to get the possibilities of a next gen game, the wii is a Game cube with a new mean to play.
If the PC have a controllers like the Wii and more accurate of course DX 3 will introduce a new dimension in all points.
But this can be only a dream for gamers that want a game can translocate themselves on it's own dimension, with a mean of control close to our own universe, more than a great game can do with classic controls. (mouse and keyboard)

For these reasons I don't think DX 3 can be played on the Wii, the wii can reduce significantly the gamplay of the game like the Xbox with DX 2 .......

Chemix
4th Jun 2008, 02:02
Chances are, this is going to be on the X-Box 360, and/or PS3, so it's going to have controller based configurations. The Wii is a lot closer to a mouse as far as aiming goes, and they doesn't necessarily have to use a flick of the nun-chuck to jump, just a jump button. The Wii has as much of a chance as any console to be useful to the franchise. Because this will, whether we like it or not, be a console and PC game.

Tracer Tong
5th Jun 2008, 19:03
lolno.:mad2:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
7th Jun 2008, 23:05
IMO, I think that the Wii controls are too wonky and inaccurate for a game like DX

I have to agree with that comment.
It would make the game extremely frustrating to play. You need accurate and absolute control and the Wii wouldn't provide it.

SemiAnonymous
7th Jun 2008, 23:37
I was thinking it over, I'm not in support of DX3 on the Wii, but I realized, it would be possible with the controls.

A: Jump
B: Shoot
Minus: Put weapon away
Plus: Open up menu
1: Open up logbook
2: Open up Images
Up/Down on the DPad: Toggle Augmentations
Left/Right on the DPad: Toggle Weapons

Thus far, simple enough. Of course, point to shoot. I'll expand on the DPad below.
Now, for the nunchuck
Z: Interact with Environment
C: Crouch
Analogue Stick: Move
Shake Nunchuck: Reload (only way I could think of putting it in)

Now, with the DPad, when you toggle, say, weapons, as you move left/right, you only highlight the weapon, Z brings out the weapon/activates Aug.

And that, Gentlemen, is the only way I can think of it working on the Wii. Of course, sniping would be harder with the point and shoot, because there is always a little bit of movement in the hand, but that is also somewhat more realistic. Who knows, maybe the Rifle Skill (here's hoping) could cause it to ignore smaller movements like that.

sea
9th Jun 2008, 03:40
If they do decide to port Deus Ex 3 to the Wii, chances are it'll be a shadow of the other versions of the game. The Wii's hardware is severely under-rated by both gamers and developers, but its unconventional architecture and reliance on custom code for graphics means that you can't just take what you do with DirectX and tweak it a little bit here and there. Were Deus Ex 3 an exclusive Wii game, I'd be completely stoked, but I just can't see a port turning out well, no matter how capable the Wii's controller is for first-person shooters (a point-and-click interface would translate perfectly to it from the PC, as well).

Of course, the fact is that Eidos Montreal claim to be focused on "next-gen" technology, and frankly, most people don't view the Wii as that (neither are the other consoles next to a capable PC from even a year and a half ago, but that's beside the point).

Blade_hunter
12th Jun 2008, 20:41
For the Wii they can convert DX 2 or DX 1 to this console. the graphics will work well, the controls possibilities of the Wii aren't the problem, it's more the accuracy of the Wii mote and the capabilities of this console, the fact it's a game cube with a new control system.
We can easily simulate a keyboard put it on the screen and point the letters wanted.

To got DX 3 for the Wii

We must have an accurate Wii mote
Have a power like the PS3 / Xbox 360 or more

If they make a successor of the Wii that allows two point devices, a good power and accuracy playing a game like a DX series game on it will be better than an other support.
We can use this to fire at two targets at the same time, use a shield correctly, fire with a one hand weapon and throw a trash bag one our enemy, use two one handed melee weapon and use them with accuracy.
The immersion will be better because the things what we do are transposed on the screen.

The actual Wii isn't designed to play a game like DX 3 because I don't want they make the same thing what they do with DX 2:
Reduce the levels size, reduce the gameplay parts, reduce the graphics to be played on a console, and make a PC version reduced as the console version.

Do you think if they put Red steel on a PC that will be a good game ?

Computer versions first, the consoles after.

jcp28
12th Jun 2008, 22:36
Don't we all hope. But we shouldn't get our hopes up for reasons already stated in these forums.

Chemix
13th Jun 2008, 14:01
For the Wii they can convert DX 2 or DX 1 to this console. the graphics will work well, the controls possibilities of the Wii aren't the problem, it's more the accuracy of the Wii mote and the capabilities of this console, the fact it's a game cube with a new control system.
We can easily simulate a keyboard put it on the screen and point the letters wanted.

To got DX 3 for the Wii

We must have an accurate Wii mote
Have a power like the PS3 / Xbox 360 or more

If they make a successor of the Wii that allows two point devices, a good power and accuracy playing a game like a DX series game on it will be better than an other support.
We can use this to fire at two targets at the same time, use a shield correctly, fire with a one hand weapon and throw a trash bag one our enemy, use two one handed melee weapon and use them with accuracy.
The immersion will be better because the things what we do are transposed on the screen.

The actual Wii isn't designed to play a game like DX 3 because I don't want they make the same thing what they do with DX 2:
Reduce the levels size, reduce the gameplay parts, reduce the graphics to be played on a console, and make a PC version reduced as the console version.

Do you think if they put Red steel on a PC that will be a good game ?

Computer versions first, the consoles after.

We would all hope for them to put computers first, but that isn't that likely. Level size isn't that much of a problem considering the games released for the Wii (metroid prime 3, zelda- twilight princess, mario galaxy, resident evil 4, etc. etc.) though graphics lag behind a bit, which forces developers to optimize, rather than spewing polygons, like they do on the PS3 and sometimes the XBox360, that could be removed or reduced, it's only a step behind the average computer in terms of power after that. Also, how many times do we here the argument that a game can't be ported to PC because it needs a better standard hardware than the normal PC user has available at an affordable price? A lot, it's lead to many games becoming exclusive on consoles until later, half optimized ports that essentially add keyboard and mouse support along with some graphics options (EX: Assassin's Creed).

The Wii isn't perfect, but it's better than an XBox 360 or PS3 based game would be, when ported to PC, which is likely, no matter how much me may hate that possibility.

M_I
18th Jun 2008, 17:30
I was thinking it over, I'm not in support of DX3 on the Wii, but I realized, it would be possible with the controls.

A: Jump
B: Shoot
Minus: Put weapon away
Plus: Open up menu
1: Open up logbook
2: Open up Images
Up/Down on the DPad: Toggle Augmentations
Left/Right on the DPad: Toggle Weapons

Thus far, simple enough. Of course, point to shoot. I'll expand on the DPad below.
Now, for the nunchuck
Z: Interact with Environment
C: Crouch
Analogue Stick: Move
Shake Nunchuck: Reload (only way I could think of putting it in)

Now, with the DPad, when you toggle, say, weapons, as you move left/right, you only highlight the weapon, Z brings out the weapon/activates Aug.

And that, Gentlemen, is the only way I can think of it working on the Wii. Of course, sniping would be harder with the point and shoot, because there is always a little bit of movement in the hand, but that is also somewhat more realistic. Who knows, maybe the Rifle Skill (here's hoping) could cause it to ignore smaller movements like that.

Plus the wii zapper gives a more realistic and easier to handle feel than the wii mote by itself but yh it could be a bit fustrating

SemiAnonymous
19th Jun 2008, 05:51
Plus the wii zapper gives a more realistic and easier to handle feel than the wii mote by itself but yh it could be a bit fustrating

Which would also cut off access to A and the lower buttons on the Wiimote. The zapper is a piece of licensed fail, honestly. Maybe good for some shooting, but unless theres a crazy way to map the controls so it would work on 5 less buttons, its a lost cause.

M_I
19th Jun 2008, 20:22
Which would also cut off access to A and the lower buttons on the Wiimote. The zapper is a piece of licensed fail, honestly. Maybe good for some shooting, but unless theres a crazy way to map the controls so it would work on 5 less buttons, its a lost cause.

i get you thats true but it doesn't cut off the A button but it probably will to the lower ones

AgnosticJive
19th Jun 2008, 21:06
omg! they should make deus ex 3 for the ps1,the wii is too expensive and I don't have arms! Plus my computer can't run video games or connect to the internet so how am I supposed to play that?!?!?!?

Lo Bruto
20th Jun 2008, 07:58
What are you crazy? Do you think I want to be jumping up and down, waving my arms at 3am?

:lmao:
This is the best answer to the Wii question.

jcp28
20th Jun 2008, 21:21
:lmao:
This is the best answer to the Wii question.

The sad thing is, there are plenty of people who would do that, if not at 3 a.m. then at some other time during the day.

mook333
31st Aug 2008, 21:10
I don't think many of the nay-sayers have used a wii, the remote makes a dot on the screen where you point it. i have a wii and some games are good on it, but frankly i don't think it would that good since the publishers would probably make some half-assed port which would make daikatana look good

Blade_hunter
1st Sep 2008, 03:26
If they did a remake of DX 1 for the wii thats fine or even DX 2, but DX 3 never, the wii is an underpowered console and when I see the First person shooters on the wii they weren't fantastic for most of them, because the only innovation was the use of the wii mote, and nothing more, do you think the wii have a sufficient power to use a more enhanced game with an advanced engine like the last engine used for tomb raider with the possibilities that can be offered by DX ?

jcp28
11th Sep 2008, 22:57
^

It doesn't matter anyway. I can't really see a "mature" game like DX 3 get ported over to the Wii. If the Wii version was released at the same time as all the others, things would be okay, but since the Wii has less power than a 360 or PS3, such a thing won't happen.

jordan_a
12th Sep 2008, 00:31
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that if DX1 was on the Wii it would be a tad less beautiful than the 2000 PC version and far from the HDTP. :D

Who says I'm exagerating? :whistle:

pewbeng
12th Sep 2008, 08:09
Sweet Jesus! No!

urban_queen41
12th Sep 2008, 09:29
Holy cow, no. We can kiss maturity and real-world issues goodbye- instead, we'd have Mario Denton and his brother Luigi Denton as the main characters.