PDA

View Full Version : I'm having trouble getting some objects to work

Raider Fanatic
30th May 2008, 23:30
How do I get the little_beetle or scarab beetle object to work right? I set the trigger for it but it won't show up, is it because I need an OCB or something?

GeorgeMaciver
31st May 2008, 05:20
Yeah, the little beetles need careful set up. Try this:

http://www.skribblerz.com/tutbaddies.htm

:)

Raider Fanatic
31st May 2008, 05:52
Thanks for the help. I tried so many times to get that object to work and I finally got it to work. Thank you.

GeorgeMaciver
31st May 2008, 06:19
:thumbsup:

Raider Fanatic
3rd Jun 2008, 18:19
I got the scarab beetles to work in my level but is there only a certain amount of beetles you can have in a level? Because I have them in other areas but they won't show up. The ones earlier in the level show up but the later ones won't. But then if I don't trigger the ones to show up early in the level then I go to the spot where the later ones are to be triggered they show up. So I'm kinda confused on that part.

GeorgeMaciver
3rd Jun 2008, 21:02
No idea. I've never tried to trigger more than one gush of beetles at the same time. I've always used a flipeffect 31 to get rid of one lot before triggering a second lot. Let us know what you discover! :D

Raider Fanatic
4th Jun 2008, 04:13
I've always wondered what does the flipeffect do? Because I never use it since I don't know what it does.

aktrekker
4th Jun 2008, 06:15
There are different codes you can enter for the flipeffect trigger to do different things. One of them is to kill all the little beetles. It is in the manual, and it gives the different "official" codes. Other codes have been found through experimentation but they are not usually reliable (can cause crashes, etc).

Raider Fanatic
4th Jun 2008, 15:24
I don't know, I used the kill all scarab beetles flipeffect and triggered it in one area. Then when I got to the area in game, the game crashed.

GeorgeMaciver
4th Jun 2008, 20:02
Type 31 in the box next to the flipeffect trigger, not in the timer field. If you don't set the trigger up properly, it will crash :)

Raider Fanatic
5th Jun 2008, 16:26
All right I got it to work, Thank you.