PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider - His Dark Materials Similarities

TombRaiderBabbii
27th May 2008, 16:47
Omg i just finished reading his dark materials by Philip Pullman and i noticed some striking resemblences

A= The main characters name is Lyra

B= Lyra says her parents are the Count and Countess Of Abbingdon :scratch:

lol anyone else noticed ??

LaraCroftRox
30th May 2008, 10:50
Omg i just finished reading his dark materials by Philip Pullman and i noticed some striking resemblences

A= The main characters name is Lyra

B= Lyra says her parents are the Count and Countess Of Abbingdon :scratch:

lol anyone else noticed ??

Which of the three books does she say her parents are count/countess of Abbingdon? Which chapters? Which PAGE!?:lol:

TombRaiderBabbii
30th May 2008, 10:52
lol il have to check on that xD but i think its somewhere in the second book when she loses the aleithometer

Rachie
2nd Jun 2008, 02:25
Yes I have noticed that before :) but I don't think the similarities are intentional.

I always get Lara and Lyra mixed up now! :rolleyes:

TombRaiderBabbii
2nd Jun 2008, 09:19
hehe yeh me too. i was seriously shocked when i discovered this i thought the might be the same person in different universes :lol:

Rachie
4th Jun 2008, 04:45
Haha they could very well be, the whole plot is about several alternate worlds!!

I want to find Lara's world.... I need Will!! :D

TombRaiderBabbii
6th Jun 2008, 09:04
hehe :eek: OMG i just had the strangest most impossible thought ever :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: lol its stupid but i imagined will as kurtis:eek:

TombRaiderBabbii
6th Jun 2008, 09:05
I want to find Lara's world.... I need Will!! :D

Lara or Lyra? :nut:

Rachie
6th Jun 2008, 23:19
Oh god, now i'm confused.... propbably both :D

And YES, I ALSO SEE KURTIS AS WILL. I always imagined them the same look, personality.

I think we have just discovered Lara and Will's alternate reality.... as Kurtis and Lara. :nut:

TombRaiderBabbii
7th Jun 2008, 10:51
Oh god, now i'm confused.... propbably both :D

And YES, I ALSO SEE KURTIS AS WILL. I always imagined them the same look, personality.

I think we have just discovered Lara and Will's alternate reality.... as Kurtis and Lara. :nut:

Oh My Lord, Whatever Will Eidos Say :rasp:

TombRaiderBabbii
7th Jun 2008, 16:52
to be honest i like the idea of Lyra and Will are Lara and Kurtis its strange but it kina makes sense in a way

Rachie
8th Jun 2008, 02:39
It does, doesn't it? Just hand Lara an alethiometer, Kurtis a subtle knife, Lyra dual pistols and Will the random shuriken thing, and they could all swap for the day.

Except Lyra is a wildchild, and Lara is very prim and proper. :nut:

TombRaiderBabbii
11th Jun 2008, 14:21
lol its not a shuriken its a Chirugai but it is still random:)

Rachie
13th Jun 2008, 04:08
Oh, well whatever it is I wish that I had one! Scare the crap out of anyone that annoys me.... Oh my gosh! What the hell is that?!?