PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch patch update?

killerhz
25th May 2008, 21:34
Here we have the Eidos team hard at work on the highly anticipated Kane & Lynch patch. :lol: :rasp: :lol: :rasp: :lol: :rasp:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/11/12140848_0d3397b05d.jpg?v=0

lightspeed
27th May 2008, 04:27
ROFL! I love this image!

Jaydam
28th May 2008, 20:06
Lol i hope they don't forget to feed the cat

chip5541
28th May 2008, 20:24
Lol i hope they don't forget to feed the cat

I knew we forgot to do something......

http://courses.washington.edu/chordate/453photos/skeleton_photos/cat_skeleton.jpg

Keir
29th May 2008, 08:45
Sorry for the radio silence on this. I'm continuing to look into it for you and hope to have some information soon.

In the meantime if you have a question or need to rant/sling abuse, send me a PM and give the mods a break, who have been doing a sterling job under the circumstances.

Thanks.

killerhz
29th May 2008, 20:41
Sorry for the radio silence on this. I'm continuing to look into it for you and hope to have some information soon.

In the meantime if you have a question or need to rant/sling abuse, send me a PM and give the mods a break, who have been doing a sterling job under the circumstances.

Thanks.

Yes I agree that the mods have done a stellar job putting up with our BS. With that said, it still will not stop me from acting like a child :nut:

I just want the patch so I can enjoy the game. I can almost guarantee that they will not release a patch for this as it has been over 6 months and nothing. Only a fool would believe that they care about the PC users anymore.

Keir
30th May 2008, 09:45
Yes I agree that the mods have done a stellar job putting up with our BS. With that said, it still will not stop me from acting like a child :nut:

I just want the patch so I can enjoy the game. I can almost guarantee that they will not release a patch for this as it has been over 6 months and nothing. Only a fool would believe that they care about the PC users anymore.

I understand.

In the meantime have you contacted tech support (http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/worldmap.html)? I'd be interested to hear the result.

mclazyj
31st May 2008, 22:11
I understand.

In the meantime have you contacted tech support (http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/worldmap.html)? I'd be interested to hear the result.

OKay, I have started two trouble tickets with support, both ending with my machine being the culprit. Lets see, my Vista Ultimate 32 Bit OS, Intel Q6600 Quad Core processor, 2GB of RAM, Soundblaster X-Fi, Geforce 8800GT with 512MB RAM, and 500 GB hard drive seem to be the issue according to support. I can run Crysis, Gears of War, Universe at War, Assassins Creed Directors Cut and more without issue, but according to Eidos, my machine just can't cut it when it comes to Kane and Lynch multiplayer.

Care to elaborate. Oh, and you forgot a couple of things in that picture: the piles of our money on one side, and a picture on the screen giving me the finger for wanting a patch!

MonkeyTech
31st May 2008, 23:08
I ran the "can i play this" tool that edios provided and passed all of the 3 levels of requirement, submitted 4 help tickets and they all ended with me being asked to mail the disk to you for checking BUT i got it from direct2drive and from there i don't get a reply.

When i disable SLI i can run the game without it being glitchy but it crashes every 5 minutes, if i replace my USB mouse/keyboard with non-usb versions i can get it to run for about 10 minutes but i'm done putting myself out for a game that doesn't actualy look that good to me anymore.

chip5541
1st Jun 2008, 09:24
For Vista users I had an issue with some other programs including the mail program that comes with vista. Anyway it stopped responding or wouldn't load at all. Doing a search I found others with the same issue. What solved it was right clicking on the program and clicking run as admin. Has anyone tried this?

spyglass
2nd Jun 2008, 04:55
still doesnt explain why our PC has to do with online play.....

Keir
2nd Jun 2008, 11:07
OK. Replies duly noted. Thanks for your patience. I'm continuing to chase it up this week.

mclazyj
6th Jun 2008, 16:04
For Vista users I had an issue with some other programs including the mail program that comes with vista. Anyway it stopped responding or wouldn't load at all. Doing a search I found others with the same issue. What solved it was right clicking on the program and clicking run as admin. Has anyone tried this?

Either way, the game still bombs out nine times out of ten when it comes to online play. And now, it does not even matter as the online community has moved away from this game due to the horrible support.

Sad thing too, because the online play was the saving grace of the game, as it was original, fresh and innovative. But when you can't finish a game due to bugs, it just ruins it. And then people just stop playing, which is why it takes 40 minutes to start a game, and begging everyone on my friends list just to get into a game.

killerhz
7th Jun 2008, 18:14
I understand.

I did and they wanted my game so they can send me a new game. The problem was that they needed the proof of purchase i.e. receipt in order to exchange.

I have tried this and still no work. I have also tried everything under the sun to get this to play. I know we are not supposed to talk about this but even tried the no CD crack. For the record I would warn everyone not to use this as it caused more problems so I did a reformat.

MonkeyTech
17th Jun 2008, 19:44
Who actualy expected anything to happen? :P

spyglass
18th Jun 2008, 17:09
i lost hope ages ago

lightspeed
30th Jun 2008, 01:03
Where the **** is the patch? It's summer, and I want to play this damn game.

lightspeed
11th Jul 2008, 04:57
Where is the patch?

I'm tired of waiting.... give us the patch or go bankrupt.

killerhz
12th Jul 2008, 01:05
Well It looks like we were right, there is no patch coming. I ask the mods now, what do you all got to say about this seceret patch that has taken longer to develop that the game itself?

MonkeyTech
21st Jul 2008, 11:39
Not even a sniff of an update, suprise suprise.

mclazyj
21st Jul 2008, 16:00
So in the 48 days since your last post Keir, did you have a chance to "chase down" that patch information you posted about. I doubt it, considering you haven't posted in here since that day.

Would the developers just admit it that there is no patch. Io Interactive, after all the fun I had with Hitman and its sequels (which had patches released shortly after the games came out), you thoroughly give me the finger by treating your PC base like a toilet seat.

Lets see, console players get a map pack, new achievements, PC players get.....nothing.

Console players get a fix, actual support, PC players get.....nothing.

All the PC players got was a bug riddled game, and a big finger about any kind of support whatsoever.

My comments may be imflamatory, but you know what, Io Interactive deserves to be treated this way, because it is the same treatment that all PC players have gotten from them, including their vaporware of a patch. How is it, that Diablo II and Starcraft are still being patched to this day, while Kane and Lynch has yet to receive one desperately needed patch in eight months. Those games are over a decade old, and they are still supported, whereas Io has decided to ship it and forget it as their new developer motto when it comes to the PC.

Thanks for the memories Io Interactive. I will remember it always.

davit
29th Aug 2008, 14:43
So game released 11/07. Obviously broken... I can't imagine Eidos doing "extensive" in house testing and not finding out all the issues that seems to pop out all of a sudden.
We all know Vista is a Bill Gates last F.U. to the world. And man it was a good one. But you can't slap list of supported OS's on the game box without doing all the testing first.
I do IT for a living, when I setup wireless network in my clinics I can't just say it will work and play nice with all the laptops and wireless devices without running a test to ensure it does. I am willing to bet money that you guys were aware of the Vista issues, but wrote it off as a fluke. Same thing with XP as well.

It is now almost september of 2008. And you don't have as much as a beta patch for the game, to test the waters. Of course you don't. Patches don't make money and tie up resourses. I make apoint to never buy a game when it is released, but rather wait 2-3 months for patches and known bugs to pop up. In this case I have waited almost a full year(no way I was gonna pay $50 for this game), so $20 later at Best Buy I was a happy camper. I was happy two days ago. The furthest I have made into this game is a donut shop... And if I see a garbage container one more time I am going to scream.
I have been trying every possible fix listed here to make this game work on my machine. NADA. With the specs I have i shoul've said F-it long time ago. But I like a challenge and making shi work is half of the fun for me. Not so much in this case.
q6700@3.2Ghz
DFI 680i lan party
2x8800gtx - sli
4gd DDR2 @1066
850Wpsu
Vista Ultimate
It runs Crysis, COD4, GOW,WOC, conflict denied ops(was that you Eidos???)... wont run this pos. Culprit is abviously my machine. I mean what else could it be.
At least I didn't pay full price for this POS like other people here.

This is the last Eidos game in my collection. Well actually no, denied ops is, this one has been sitting in the garbage can for past 20min.

EDIT* This is in no means attack on the mods of this forum!!! I feel horrible for you guys, having to deal with this. I read this tech forum thru and thru. And I would like to commend you on the level of the profesionalism you exibit throughout. This was aimed at your devs., testers and marketers.

P.S. My grammar is not always perfect, I apologize, english is not even my second language.

plEEk
29th Aug 2008, 22:52
BRAVO! *applause*