PDA

View Full Version : Possible PC Gamer article?

SomaMech
25th May 2008, 12:31
Found in a thread at another forum I post on..

The following quote is from the end of the previous issue of PC Gamer Magazine.

"NEXT MONTH
Have you ever had a secret that you're just dying to blurt out, but you can't for another month, and the stress of holding it in makes you want to do the pee-pee dance? That's what the PC Gamer staff is doing right now, because the August issue will be chock-full of exclusives, including a top-secret cover story so huge we had to go to [CENSORED] to get it. Just 30 days more ..."

How likely do you think the [CENSORED] place-name is Montreal?

Views? :)

jordan_a
25th May 2008, 12:37
It could be anything! :lol:

SomaMech
25th May 2008, 13:31
It could be anything! :lol:

That's not necessarily true! DX3 would more than likely be considered 'huge' by PC Gamer magazine. So would Diablo 3 (But it's been confirmed by PC Gamer that it has nothing to do with Blizzard).

Larington
25th May 2008, 15:57
Funny, I've seen that statement before and it hasn't clicked, but it links into the suggestion that more info on DX3 would be released mid 2008.

AndyRaffle
25th May 2008, 16:36
Could be RTCW2. That's due out any time now, been in development for 4 years, and there's been no updates for a very long time. In fact, they've gone so quiet that some of us thought it had been cancelled.

We're still 16 months away from launch, a bit early for big exclusives.

Unless...

With the shake-up of Eidos, maybe there's some internal pressure to generate publicity to keep their brand awareness up.

Or...

They've made a single-level game, as a kind of teaser-appetiser, to transition the plot from DX1 to DX3. Like the way that the TV show '24' makes pre-season episodes.

Inane Mythos
25th May 2008, 17:35
Could be Duke Nukem Forever.

HouseOfPain
25th May 2008, 18:34
Could really be ANYTHING so dont get your hopes up, =/

HouseOfPain
25th May 2008, 18:37
Could be RTCW2. That's due out any time now, been in development for 4 years, and there's been no updates for a very long time. In fact, they've gone so quiet that some of us thought it had been cancelled.

We're still 16 months away from launch, a bit early for big exclusives.

Unless...

With the shake-up of Eidos, maybe there's some internal pressure to generate publicity to keep their brand awareness up.

Or...

They've made a single-level game, as a kind of teaser-appetiser, to transition the plot from DX1 to DX3. Like the way that the TV show '24' makes pre-season episodes.

If thats the case I will literally explode from happiness and hypiness.

AaronJ
25th May 2008, 18:56
I highly doubt its DX3.

DXeXodus
26th May 2008, 03:46
I also doubt it is DX3. I truly hope that it is DX3, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. They have not been working on it for long enough yet for them to be able to create a HUGE cover story from it as they claim it is.

DX_ADDICT
26th May 2008, 09:23
:eek: Could be System Shock 3 ? :eek:

Ghostdog
26th May 2008, 09:46
Could be Duke Nukem Forever. It could be anything, but I doubt DNF. They´re making it sound like something we haven´t seen or heard about yet - Duke has a trailer out already. DX3 has seen less light.

Well, let´s keep out fingers crossed. When´s the next issue out?

Larington
26th May 2008, 10:07
I sincerely doubt it'll be System Shock 3, as much as I'd love to see it, last I checked there was a major problem with who actually held the rights to the System Shock IP (Intellectual Property), I honestly doubt thats going to ever be cleared up.

MetalRaven
26th May 2008, 11:20
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/07/ea-does-give-a-sh-t-about-system-shock-3-says-pc-gamer-uk/

I dont know if it has since been killed but it seems like ss3 IS coming...unfortunately made by EA...Hey maybe Bob Costas will be the new Shodan :rolleyes: :nut:

sea
26th May 2008, 14:07
I sincerely doubt it'll be System Shock 3, as much as I'd love to see it, last I checked there was a major problem with who actually held the rights to the System Shock IP (Intellectual Property), I honestly doubt thats going to ever be cleared up.EA owns the rights, now, and is supposedly working on a sequel. I fully expect a watered-down piece of **** with "revolutionary" features that games ten years old have in spades... or maybe just a poor BioShock clone.

~Psychotic~
26th May 2008, 14:40
Could be Duke Nukem Forever.

Exactly. And, to be honest, I actually have to admit I believe news on Duke Nukem Forever would be so much bloody better than Deus Ex 3. Now before people go off at me about it, let me explain why.

1. DNF has been in production for how goddamn long now? All we know is that it'll be done "when it's done."

2. Duke Nukem is one of the biggest damn games in the history of gaming. Seriously, if you consider yourself a seasoned gamer and you haven't played or know nothing about any of the Duke Nukem games then where the hell have you been? Under a damn rock for the past decade? Not know about Duke Nukem is like not knowing wtf Mario or Zelda is.

3. Even though Deus Ex is my fave game, I really wanna hear more about Duke Nukem Forever. We've been promised it, it's been in production for bloody years now and we've had no news on it. Whilst Deus Ex has a more in-depth teaser trailer than Duke Nukem does (DX's is more vague in the fact that Duke Nukem always fights aliens, changing it from that seems too foreign).

The problem is it's so damn confusing. DNF is a damn big game, it's so anticipated. Much like GTA4 was. But it was also said, by Stephane D'Astous himself, that more information would be presented in Summer of this year.

jordan_a
26th May 2008, 17:52
EA owns the rights
Of System Shock 3? Are you kidding me? :eek:

offearth
26th May 2008, 17:59
Deus Ex is still my favorite game of all time, but I'd also be happy to hear some news on Max Payne 3, if it's going to be made that is. Remedy is a bit busy trying to complete Alan Wake, so maybe not.

SageSavage
26th May 2008, 18:07
Yeah, MP3 would be great but it's impossible to predict anything here.

minus0ne
26th May 2008, 18:15
Of System Shock 3? Are you kidding me? :eek:
Unfortunately he's not kidding. It gets worse (only read if you feel like having your hopes crushed) too:
It's supposedly already being developed by the team behind "The Godfather Game"
:eek:²

Unstoppable
26th May 2008, 20:13
Joystiq has an article that EA is working on System Shock 3 so it's probably that.

Larington
26th May 2008, 22:12
So the rights issues got cleared up eh? Still, I am very concerned about this, not because of the team purportedly assigned to it, but because of what requirements EA might make of the games design... It might end up being more like Bioshock than System Shock, which would be a shame beyond all reasoning.

rhalibus
27th May 2008, 00:23
I remember the fiasco with the rights being split up over several companies after Looking Glass disbanded--getting the rights back would take more money then the expected profit for a SS2 sequel, so a lot of us figured that was it.

We'll see where EA takes it.

jcp28
27th May 2008, 02:23
If System Shock tradmark is owned by EA, then I'm not buying it(e.g. Black for PS2) .:mad2: There are very few action games that EA has published in the last 5 years that I have enjoyed.

sea
28th May 2008, 15:31
If System Shock tradmark is owned by EA, then I'm not buying it(e.g. Black for PS2) .:mad2: There are very few action games that EA has published in the last 5 years that I have enjoyed.What's wrong with Black? It's a short and nearly replay value-less first-person shooter, but Criterion aimed for providing amazing graphics and balls-out action, and they delivered on that excellently.

jcp28
28th May 2008, 20:54
What's wrong with Black? It's a short and nearly replay value-less first-person shooter, but Criterion aimed for providing amazing graphics and balls-out action, and they delivered on that excellently.

I just like games with a little more depth to them. The initial previews made the final product seem a little better than it was. I guess if you like that sort of thing, it's okay, but they really should have included a few more checkpoints. There's a difference between a challenge and an irritation.