PDA

View Full Version : Quite fake, I believe.

AaronJ
18th May 2008, 15:34
Deus Ex 3 beta test‏
Sent: April 9, 2008 9:20:08 PM
To: aaron.je@hotmail.com

Hello, We would like to ask you to be a beta tester for Deus Ex 3, which should be coming out this fall. We need you to play through the game and report any glitches to us at Feedback@EidosMontreal.com. You can download the beta version of Deus Ex 3 here: www.deusex3.com/downloads

Thank you,The Eidos Montreal Staff.

Do not reply to this emails. Replies sent to this address will not be read.

Had my hopes up for 0.002 seconds. My first clue was sending it to my hotmail. Who reads their hotmail inbox? I went in there for a routine junk deletion and found this.

serene_chaos
18th May 2008, 15:37
those bastards. those filthy rotten bastards.

Blade_hunter
18th May 2008, 16:48
If the beta will be done now; it would say all of our ideas and all things we can say on this forum will not affect the final product.
My first worry is the console development for much reasons and the first is DX 2.

I'm glad to see the game is not done, but I hope to see you further test if you obtain the beta of the game before us to know your impressions.

Larington
18th May 2008, 17:05
Probably worth pointing out that, in part, Eidos Montreal was setup as a Quality Assurance (QA) centre, so why would they need to e-mail people on the Internets for that purpose... Like holding up a picture of a wookie in a court room - It doesn't make sense!

SageSavage
18th May 2008, 18:36
which should be coming out this fall

Yeah...whatever...

minus0ne
18th May 2008, 19:11
Had my hopes up for 0.002 seconds. My first clue was sending it to my hotmail. Who reads their hotmail inbox? I went in there for a routine junk deletion and found this.
Weird. It's definately not spam as there's no spam link in there. Are you sure you didn't get shtfaced drunk and decided to prank yourself or something?

Although I'd never want to beta test for DX3. That's like one giant spoiler which ruins the game. Enough PC games I bought recently feel like betas :p

I'm glad to see the game is not done, but I hope to see you further test if you obtain the beta of the game before us to know your impressions.
This is so fake it's almost adorable;

Deus Ex 3 beta test‏
Sent: April 9, 2008 9:20:08 PM
To: aaron.je@hotmail.com

Hello, We would like to ask you to be a beta tester for Deus Ex 3, which should be coming out this fall (<LMAO). We need you to play through the game and report any glitches to us at Feedback@EidosMontreal.com (<LMAO). You can download the beta version of Deus Ex 3 here: www.deusex3.com/downloads (<LMAO)

Thank you,The Eidos Montreal Staff.

Do not reply to this emails. Replies sent to this address will not be read.
They don't put betas on public spaces like that, and error reporting doesn't work that way, they usually have a back-end specifically for that purpose.

Puzzling, albeit uninteresting.

jordan_a
18th May 2008, 19:46
I don't understand why would someone do that, it's just useless.

hashi
19th May 2008, 01:22
Nah its real, Ive signed up. thanks! its like totally legit

DXeXodus
19th May 2008, 04:43
Nah its real, Ive signed up. thanks! its like totally legit

Ja, I'm sure the finished the game in under a year.

Suvlaco
19th May 2008, 05:27
The fact that the link doesn't work would make you see it's fake -_-

Also, probably not a good idea leaving your e-mail in there...

DXeXodus
19th May 2008, 05:41
Also, probably not a good idea leaving your e-mail in there...

True... who knows what nasties may be on the prowl

Tommy98000
19th May 2008, 09:47
Does anyone know how long they have been working on the game?

DXeXodus
19th May 2008, 11:53
Probably around 9 or so months. I'm not too sure but I think production began mid 2007.

Keir
21st May 2008, 08:01
Hey all... I can officially confirm this is indeed fake.

jordan_a
21st May 2008, 13:01
;) .