PDA

View Full Version : Timeline question

Gory1992
23rd Dec 2013, 05:58
Not that it matters too much, but I do have a question about the timeline in this game. Namely, do the events of this game happen in the second timeline (just like in SR1) where the only time alteration is made when Kain murdered King William, or does it happen in the forth timeline (where Raziel refused to kill Kain in William's chapel and Kain drew the Soul Reaver from Raziel after the latter just killed his human self thus giving birth to the events of Defiance and BO2)? Just curiosity.

Vdeorsumproles
23rd Dec 2013, 07:23
I think that the first timeline si the right, actually the only game that involve the second timeline si blood omen 2 and defiance. But i'm not sure

Gory1992
23rd Dec 2013, 08:32
I think that the first timeline si the right, actually the only game that involve the second timeline si blood omen 2 and defiance. But i'm not sure

That could be. Since the humans had their territories in Freeport, Provance and Meridian for instance, it's quite possible that in the 2nd timeline (namely when events from Defiance and BO2 didn't happen), Kain from that timeline wasn't really aware of those locations till probably later when he already had his own empire.

Paradoks_db
23rd Dec 2013, 11:06
Nosgoth takes place in the second timeline - after the first paradox (Kain's battle with William) and before the second one (Raziel's refusal to kill Kain in William's chapel).
Confirmed during Q&A session at 50.15 mark.

Lord_Aevum
23rd Dec 2013, 17:25
Right. Notice also that the portion of Meridian's history unique to the fourth timeline – the incidents involving the Hylden Lord and the Glyphwrights from Blood Omen 2 – is completely unmentioned in the Sommerdamm blog.

diuqSehT
23rd Dec 2013, 20:00
Ah, this gives them an extra layer of safety. (in case they want to paint over this game's details with something else later on, they can say this game's timeline has been discarded for the new (4th?) one so there's no conflict with any new tidbits of history the next game might want to add.

Vampmaster
23rd Dec 2013, 20:12
Ah, this gives them an extra layer of safety. (in case they want to paint over this game's details with something else later on, they can say this game's timeline has been discarded for the new (4th?) one so there's no conflict with any new tidbits of history the next game might want to add.

I don't think there's much danger of that anyway. The original devs always said the SR1 era was largely unaffected by the paradox at the end of SR2, which is why Raziel didn't get any new memories when Kain did.

RainaAudron
23rd Dec 2013, 21:34
Yeah, it still happened in the 4th timeline as well.