PDA

View Full Version : The IWar Illuminati Ending is "irreconcilable"?

AaronJ
13th May 2008, 18:08
The IWar endings are quoted as "irreconcilable" on wikipedia. Not that I trust wikipedia, but it seems stupid. The Illuminati ending was open. They could just stop combining the endings and assumed you picked that one, thats what Half-Life 2 did when the other was impossible. Its still very possible to have a sequel.

gamer0004
13th May 2008, 18:42
The IWar endings are quoted as "irreconcilable" on wikipedia. Not that I trust wikipedia, but it seems stupid. The Illuminati ending was open. They could just stop combining the endings and assumed you picked that one, thats what Half-Life 2 did when the other was impossible. Its still very possible to have a sequel.

IMHO the DX:IW endings aren't more irreconcilable than the DX endings. However, the dx:IW storyline was, er... not very good. Mainly because of the combination of all the DX endings. They shouldn't do that. But as this is going to be a prequel (eh GlobalNode :D ) that shouldn't be a problem.

jordan_a
13th May 2008, 22:42
The Illuminati ending was open.
Even the Denton's.

DXeXodus
14th May 2008, 04:37
Its still very possible to have a sequel.

You just won't let go will you GlobalNode? 10/10 for being so passionate :)

On topic though, yes, other games developers have just selected an ending from which to continue their sequel and it has worked fine (mostly)

AaronJ
14th May 2008, 17:17
I am passionate about it. I'm trying to keep my faith.