PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Guys To Answer An Important Question....

LaraCroftRox
13th May 2008, 14:18
I've always been wondering this.... Do you guys out there play Tomb Raider because you genuinley like it or because of well you know.... How she looks shall we say. And I'm not being horrible, so don't take offence, I'm genuinley interested. :thumbsup:

Mangar The Dark
13th May 2008, 15:11
I play it because I genuinely like it. I don't care at all about how Lara looks. She could be a fat, bald woman with a cigar in her mouth. It wouldn't matter. I play because I like the puzzles, the exploration, the adventure, etc. If I just wanted to look at an attractive woman, there are MUCH better places to go than a video game. Honestly, I was surprised when I first found out that some people DID play the TR games because they liked to look at Lara. In TR1, for example, she was a rough collection of polygons. How is that attractive? Sorry, but I just don't get it.

Tomb-Dude
13th May 2008, 15:50
I don't play the game for her looks 'Im not like a sicko who created that mod for anniversary where Lara is nude, that's just wrong!

I play Tomb Raider for the fun, and the travel. The excitement, the mistories feel in all the tomb raider games!

Captain Mazda
13th May 2008, 15:53
Well Mangar, just remember, even in Tomb Raider I she had high-quality renders and pre-rendered FMV sequences that some people could find "pleasant" in a video game at the time. But bald, fat, and riddled with smoke? I don't think she would've survived all these years with such a description.
It's unfortunate that people who are not familiar with the games only see Lara as a piece of flesh.

I play the games because I enjoy them. The Tomb Raider series feature an original character whom you always want on the winning side. Lara travels to exotic locations, discovers ancient artifacts, kicks ass, and never questions her own morals.

I'll just say her attractiveness provides a uhh, a nice view when playing the games ;)

Oh and Angelina Jolie.

Jezyk
13th May 2008, 17:08
I don't think anyone would play a game only because the heroine looks nice? I mean, if someone wants to see good looking women there's plenty other ways to get it:PPP
But I'm gay so perhaps there are some things I fail to understand :rasp:

CatSuit&Ponytail
13th May 2008, 17:50
I am not a male, and I assume you wanted males to answer when you said "guys", but I will post anyway, because I can. :p ;)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon2.gifThere are a LOT of games out there where the female protagonist is really attractive, but the game remains too terrible to play.http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

:) Luckily, we have Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, where we can have our cake and eat it too. Good looking game, and finely crafted and fun, too! :thumbsup:

Ruz
13th May 2008, 19:31
well personally if the game was bad I would n't play it. At the end of the day its just polygons and laras looks have nothing to do with playing the game.

When I am playing I feel like me and lara are playing co op, not me controlling her.

Chadster
13th May 2008, 19:38
I certainly don't play Tomb Raider because of Lara. I play it because of the story ,the graphics, the puzzles, the freedom, the Tomb Raiding and the fact that you can travel the world at you fingertips, vent your anger out on a yeti instead of real life and enjoy the anticipation of an upcoming game. Sure, Lara looks physically and metaphorically fit, but thats because you wouldn't get a fat, bald woman with a cigar in her mouth leaping off cliffs and traversing back up them. Also I can't see how anyone could get attracted to a pixelated figure, as they are completely impossible anyway. IMO, I don't really think anybody that does play the games because of lara would ever answer this topic anyway.

Wow that was thorough.

Randy 54
13th May 2008, 20:08
The first game I played was TR2 back when it first came out. In the first five minutes, I was hooked. The game was an unique adventure that took me along to places that were sometimes dangerous and scary. Lara did not look the way she does now although she was a likable character. So, I'll have to say that the game itself is the primary reason I play it although, I was taken with the way she looked in Legend.

Spong
13th May 2008, 21:46
I've been with TR from the very start and I can say that I did not, do not and will not care that the lead role is Lara Croft. To be honest, it was quite the source of hilarity between my friends (all male) and I when we first started playing through the original game. She looked terrible to be honest.

It matters to me not one jot who Lara is or what she really looks like. It's always been about the levels.

Larahair
14th May 2008, 02:04
Being a girl I play tr cause I like the game and also because of Lara's hair.:D What a lovely lock of hair our dear Lara has brown brown and redish brown......... When you think of it Lara is a very hairy character hehe

TwinPistols
14th May 2008, 08:19
even if some people start to play Tomb Raider just because of Lara, I'm very sure they fall in love with the game in a second and forget how Lara looks.
And in the first game Lara wasn't so beautiful as she is now, IMO her personality and courage was the most attractive.

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th May 2008, 08:40
I play tr cause I like the game and also because of Lara's hair.:D It's so long...

May I suggest you pick up Heavenly Sword then for your hair fetish? ;)

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/heavenly_sword.jpg

:lol:

pot
14th May 2008, 11:04
I used to play it largely for the gameplay and the beautiful backdrops. Sadly though whilst one has improved a lot, the other one is lacking somewhat.

LisaB1962
14th May 2008, 11:34

The hair is mesmerizing, isn't it? I had more fun playing as Kai though. I want a whole game of "twing twang!":D

Mangar The Dark
14th May 2008, 12:34
Well Mangar, just remember, even in Tomb Raider I she had high-quality renders and pre-rendered FMV sequences that some people could find "pleasant" in a video game at the time. But bald, fat, and riddled with smoke?

Even in the FMV renders in TR1, she was not particularly attractive, unless the ONLY thing someone cares about is a huge chest. Her face wasn't all that appealing, and frankly, she looked a bit deformed (waist was TOO narrow, chest was TOO large... my friends and I used to wonder how she could balance.)

And, yeah, I admit that the bald, fat image probably wouldn't work, but I was just making a point that her looks really have nothing to do with why I enjoy the game. I enjoyed playing other TR-like games, such as "Indiana Jones And The Infernal Machine," and "Rune", and the lack of Lara Croft didn't detract from the experience at all. The puzzles, exploration, etc were still intact, and that's what really matters.

Larahair
15th May 2008, 07:48

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/heavenly_sword.jpg

Nah still like Lara's hair better!