PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal?

killerhz
9th May 2008, 00:30
How can the thread that we used to communicate through be closed? No Patch, no answers and now no place to comment about our frustrations? That's the least you all can do for us...

Jaydam
10th May 2008, 20:05
They finally got their way,

closing the threads that are complaining about the lack of patch and customer service has made everyone that was complaining give up.

eidos sucks in my opinion and will never support them again,

i will stick to ulterior methods of playing their games that way im not ripped off again,

chip5541
11th May 2008, 09:06
Please read what @m wrote. It explains why the thread was closed.

This thread is more and more becoming a thread against Eidos in general. Seeing that that is not the point of this thread nor the point of the forums I see no reason to keep this thread open.

As I've stated before, I understand the frustration that you have with the lack of a patch or a date for when a patch may come. With the number of posts in this thread I think a clear point has been made. Therefore I'm going to lock and sticky this thread. If someone from Eidos or IOI has more info, or we get info we'll be sure to post it here.

CrazyMarauder
12th May 2008, 07:44
Please read what @m wrote. It explains why the thread was closed.

Of course it became against Eidos, it couldn't be different. What the hell you wanted, compliments, that we praised Eidos and it's great competence and respect with their public. Wake up!!!
That's the normal reaction we have when we just realize that we have been stolen.

CrazyMarauder
12th May 2008, 07:45
It was so easy for you shutting the thread down.

chip5541
12th May 2008, 10:08
First of all it was accusations like what you posted in your responce. Eidos did not steal anything. To steal would imply that the game does not work for anyone when that is not the case. I can point to many people who have purchased, played and enjoyed then game. Granted that some people are experiencing issues and these issues have been brought to the devs attention. I and the other mods do not know what is the current state of a patch but as soon as we hear something we will post it.

Was it easy to close the thread? Yes. enough was enough. The point had been made so we even stuckied the thread to the top.

.... and no. All of the mods, devs and people at Eidos wish we could have found a solution for you without having to have or wait for a patch. That is one of the reasons for the board.

We take no pleasure in closing any thread but when a thread begins to degrade or no longer is productive then it is a mods responability to either get it back on topic or close the thread.

CrazyMarauder
12th May 2008, 10:52
so fix the f...game and people will stop complaning!
But as we all know you will not fix! So no one will change their minds about you!
the way I see this is charlatanism!!!

spyglass
12th May 2008, 14:31
well, i brought the game for Online play.....but no1 can play online? which means its broken.

mclazyj
13th May 2008, 07:20
All we would like is some clear answers. Would you like me to go back and count all the times we were told, "Its almost ready". Could someone define Io Interactive's definition of "almost", because it sure as hell means something different in my dictionary.

At some point, we are going to turn negative in any thread towards Io Interactive and Eidos. They took our money without question, but did not return the promise of a working game, that was certified with the Games for Windows branding. That means that it has to meet a certain criteria for running, so don't use the, "too many versions of Windows to support" defense, because if that is the case, Eidos should not of put the Games for Windows and Games for Windows Live logos on the box.

It would be easy enough to shut us up if we could find out when all of this stuff would be fixed. Or when the Map packs, that were already certified for the 360, are coming to the PC.

NovaBlack
20th May 2008, 08:37
First of all it was accusations like what you posted in your responce. Eidos did not steal anything. To steal would imply that the game does not work for anyone when that is not the case. I can point to many people who have purchased, played and enjoyed then game. Granted that some people are experiencing issues and these issues have been brought to the devs attention. I and the other mods do not know what is the current state of a patch but as soon as we hear something we will post it.

Ok.. we wont say 'steal' because technicaly it works for some people.

But i can say dishonest.

Factually.

In no persons mind can 'almost done' and 'final formalities' when referring to the state of a patch be interpreted as reasonably taking over 3 months from when the statement was made. Its not like there was some big unforseen problem, else it would have been easy to say 'hey guys sorry, we had some complications'. Which hasn't happened. Infact our only communication seems to amount to 'almost done!'. which is dishonest. since it was not almost done.
How can you expect us NOT to feel negative toward eidos. We feel we have been treated negatively BY eidos.

plEEk
21st May 2008, 00:14
I don't feel like I have , I KNOW I have.... it's like i bought a Lamborghini and they hid the keys somewhere and I cant or never will find them , naughty Eidos

spyglass
21st May 2008, 14:21
I don't feel like I have , I KNOW I have.... it's like i bought a Lamborghini and they hid the keys somewhere and I cant or never will find them , naughty Eidos

Nah, its like buying a Lamborghini full price without the engine.....

plEEk
22nd May 2008, 03:16
lol , without the ENGINE , good one:thumbsup:

Chamlong
23rd May 2008, 19:16
When I installed this game I had really high hopes for it but without even being able to play it I had problems. When I searched for the solution I realized that lots and lots of people had the same or similar problem and nobody had the answer.

I live in Turkey (I don't know how a much a game costs in other countries but) I bought this game for about 50$ which is not cheap for my country. Especially if the country you live in is full of copy game sellers and you go and by an expensive original CD just because you think it deserves it. I had played Eidos games before but the problems and the way they handled them was just disgraceful. I will never ever by any Eidos game from now on and I will try my best to tell everybody I know how Eidos handled the problems of their game.

One last thing. I use AMD and I see that there is a sticky which involves AMD users. What I wonder is that didn't these people test this game on AMD computers too or were they too concerned to gain money by releasing the game without properly testing it?

Kneo24
23rd May 2008, 20:01
One of the devs claimed that they tested the game internally on PC's there were all the same for co-op play. However, they did send them out to another company for QA testing.

Personally, I think it's all ******* bull****. I don't believe anything these devs say.

Seriously, they couldn't even program a game to work with something as simple as a USB Keyboard and/or mouse. Doesn't anyone else find this absolutely ridiculous?

spyglass
24th May 2008, 10:05
one Dev mentioned that Microsoft test the games before they add Xbox live to it....so why was it accepted when the game was released when its taken all this time for Microsoft to accept the patch? dont u think Microsoft would of told them too fix the game before going gold?

Kneo24
24th May 2008, 12:33
Just because it's using Live doesn't mean it will be a bug free game. That's been proven enough times already.

lightspeed
25th May 2008, 04:50
One of the devs claimed that they tested the game internally on PC's there were all the same for co-op play. However, they did send them out to another company for QA testing.

Personally, I think it's all ******* bull****. I don't believe anything these devs say.

Seriously, they couldn't even program a game to work with something as simple as a USB Keyboard and/or mouse. Doesn't anyone else find this absolutely ridiculous?

Word. It's quite sad indeed!

chip5541
25th May 2008, 05:34
USB Keyboard and mouse player here. I have even played using Vista.

Kneo24
25th May 2008, 10:19
USB Keyboard and mouse player here. I have even played using Vista.

So? My point remains. Some people were having issues with their USB input devices. That's absolutely ridiculous. Any developer who can't get that right across the board has issues.