PDA

View Full Version : Horizon

MizzKroft
8th May 2008, 18:07
I was trying to build an outside level, and... How do the Horizons Work? Im tottaly stumpped with it, If i cant figure it out.. then. i guess im going back to my speciality, Ice Caves ^_~ :lol:

GeorgeMaciver
8th May 2008, 20:27
Hi Mizzkroft, to get an horizon showing in your level you need one in your WAD and you also need to enable it in your script with the addition of a Horizon= enabled line. If in doubt copy and paste this line from the original scripts.

To get the horizon showing in game you don't need to place the horizon in your map, just texture the ceiling and walls where you want the sky to show through with the transparent sky black texture which is the top left black colour in your pallette.

Any problems, just holler.

MizzKroft
8th May 2008, 21:30
Thanks for responding George ^_^, Okay, well.. Im trying to edit the script File in the main TRLE folder.. and, its a .DAT x.X, How on earth am i suppose to Read it? =P

TRWad
8th May 2008, 21:34
You don't use the script.dat. Inside the script folder there should be a script.txt file. That is the one you should edit. After editing it, you should use the script tool to convert it to the script.dat file that the engine reads. I think the instructions on how to convert the script are in the manual.

MizzKroft
8th May 2008, 21:38
1 More noobish question =D, How do i make water o.O

Driber
9th May 2008, 10:18
MizzKroft, if you're serious about making a custom level, you'll have to read the manual and build the tutorial level. It may seem daunting, but it is a must-do for any beginner :)

You will find a link to the manual in your Start Menu.

MizzKroft
9th May 2008, 12:31
Actually, i found out how to make water xD, im not going to do the tutorial tho :O, i know how to build custom levels.. its just, ive ben in A Cave state.. where all i wanna do is build caves o_o, Now i want to Make a jungle level, sort of like the RIver Ganges.. from TR3 ^_^