PDA

View Full Version : Scariest enemy

little miss Ju
7th May 2008, 15:12
What enemy made you guys jump out of your skin the most?

Jason Miller
7th May 2008, 16:01
Boaz from AOD, she was really fast & annoying, but i enjoyed shutting her up & Eckhardt too!:D

ziad
7th May 2008, 16:04
i dont know why... but the dragon in tomb raider 2

Tomb-Dude
7th May 2008, 16:24
First ever Tr... The... T-rex :lol: So unexpected and so scary with the graphics back then!

And the random tigers jumping out in number 3 when i was only a little boy :D

lara-supreme
7th May 2008, 17:18
I wouldn't call them major enemies, but the guys who come running out of the bushes, with the masks on in South Africa level in TR3. The scared the heck out of me, and still do! I never see them coming until they are just about on top of me! I always get hit by their darts.

RinoTheBouncer
7th May 2008, 17:34
The Squid In TR:AOD In Aquatic Research Facility
Made Me Throw The Joysticks n' Scream
(That Yellow/Brown Fishy Thing In The Water)

Fickji
7th May 2008, 18:01
The Torso - TR1
The Sharks - TR2
The Shivas - TR3 (they win, they still scare me)

Mate
7th May 2008, 21:55
you wouldnt belive it but... THE DOG IN "STREETS OF ROME" of TR5..this was the first time I met Lara Croft, I was actually seven, and the way it shows up with that terrifing music scaries me until today...

Jezyk
8th May 2008, 11:55
The Damned from London and their dogs :eek:

also every opponent that jumps out of a corner unexpectedly :P

Dukem
8th May 2008, 17:17
The Tyrannosaurus rex, definately! :eek: I think I was 7 or 8 years old when I first saw it, but it scared the living daylights out of me! I remember jamming my finger down on the 'Esc' button quite a bit for that battle! :p

Rai
8th May 2008, 21:25
T-Rex in TR1 for sure. They kinda ruined the surprise factor in TRA. However, there was an atlantean creature in a tunnel that scared me in Egypt, a tunnel I'd been in before in TRA. I'm easily scared any jump out form nowhere creature does it for me too. I remember that robotic head with the arms and the laser eyes, I think in Last Revelations. Getting past that thing had my adrenaline pumping! :eek: :lol:

TDK
8th May 2008, 21:28
the red ghost from AOD

norn iron rock!
9th May 2008, 14:16
When you see the sacophaguses pop open for the first time in Last Revelation, we all knew it was going to happen sooner or later but it still gets me:lol:

The weirdest jump-out-of-skin moment for me would be the lizard dude in TR3, you just walk in, not having a clue whats going on, then the funny swivel chair...um...swivels round and BAM funny green explosion killing poor lara outright with the funny green dude in the chair:D

Mangar The Dark
9th May 2008, 15:44
I remember that robotic head with the arms and the laser eyes, I think in Last Revelations. Getting past that thing had my adrenaline pumping! :eek: :lol:

I think you're referring to the centaurian head in Chronicles (I believe it was Trajan's Market... though I may be wrong. Definitely in Rome, though.)

Actually, I have to admit, I got scared playing TR3 last night, and it wasn't even an actual enemy-- Now, keep in mind, I haven't played the game in YEARS (not since it was first released), so I really forgot most of it. Anyway, I was exploring the Nevada desert, and suddenly I hear WHOOSH! and some kind of fighter plane flies over me. I hopped backward out of panic, thinking it was a giant bird or something, and I plunged to my death.

Rai
9th May 2008, 16:03
Thanks Mangar, you are right. I just looked it up. :)

rg_001100
10th May 2008, 00:15
I don't like the snakes in TR3. They only "wake up" when you get close to them.
Also scared of the low bushes because scared of the snakes (though the bushes aren't an enemy...), always walk through them first, then run once i knew it was clear.

The dogs (in any game) are annoying as well. Just trying to shoot it while jumping and rolling around and stuff.

Captain Mazda
10th May 2008, 01:57
The Squid In TR:AOD In Aquatic Research Facility
Made Me Throw The Joysticks n' Scream
(That Yellow/Brown Fishy Thing In The Water)

It resembled a mutated shark, not a squid.

Funnily though, the PC version had a bug where it could not harm Lara even if she stood in front of its mouth. Patches took care of that.

LisaB1962
10th May 2008, 12:12
Panther mummies from TR1. I still get the willies. Their scream.:eek:

Sharks from TR2. What do you mean I have to swim in there?

LegendLost
10th May 2008, 12:24
The Atlantian mummies from TR1
Followed by anything that popped out in TR4
Then finally the crazy guys from the Sanitarium in AOD

Boogie
11th May 2008, 09:54
i would say an enemy as such, but the scary whispering noises in the temple of Kamoon, in the anniversay game, u kno when u have to move the big statues etc etc, it also recurred in the obelisk to kamoon.
If not i'd say the cat mummies, they really made me jump, so much so in the first part of the level i jumped into the water to get over the shock lol

Bampire
11th May 2008, 17:42
The Torso Atlantean, scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

rooboy_13
11th May 2008, 18:52
Natla...all the way! TR 1 natla no Anniversary Natla

Lo
11th May 2008, 19:34
Those HUGE spiders in the darkerned cavern of TR2's Temple of Xian level :eek: :o

LaraCroftRox
12th May 2008, 14:42
Huge spiders in TR2 and..... Gorrilas.

croft_3
13th May 2008, 13:01
The Torso Atlantean, scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

yea it did even tho the graphics werent the best..lol..i think thats what made:lol: it the scariest...lol

angerzXraider
22nd May 2008, 06:50
I hated coming out of the dark hallways in the Egypt levels of Mida's Statue. The big black gorillas would always charge at me out of nowhere and start grunting!! My heart would be beating so fast! :eek:

Lo
22nd May 2008, 10:35
I'm also with LisaB on the cat-like mummies in TR1 that come seemingly out of nowhere. I wasn't quite prepared for that sort of sudden (and yes, extremely loud), confrontation.

I always forgot about those things and almost died of fright each time I encountered one. They are not classically frightening like the spiders *Shudders* but they cause a degree of coronary failure :D

TombRaiderBabbii
28th May 2008, 19:46
lol the sea monster thing from legend it made me jump out of my skin lmao

Goose Master
28th May 2008, 20:29
Most certainly the Spider from tomb raider 3. I dislike spiders immensely.

Rachie
5th Jun 2008, 06:07
The horrible mutant inmates in AoD, Sanitarium and the other one with Kurtis levels!!! :eek:

You climb down the platforms all the way down... hearing horrible wailing, crying and scary music as you go, and when you are down there you find out they are HUMANS and they make horrible breathing noises, and they always take me by surprise!

I like to think of it as my own personal version of hell. :eek:

SethKoopa
23rd Jul 2008, 14:36
The Damned from London and their dogs :eek:

also every opponent that jumps out of a corner unexpectedly :P

Agreed on that 100%; I hate jumping out of my socks - but when you're a Tomb Raider fan you have to get used to them and appreciate them.

And those dogs... when you inspect one when it's dead, you can see blood on it and bones sticking out. Poor things were ravished.

Scariest enemies personally?
The giant wasps in the Lost City of Tinnos.
The Temple of Xian giant spiders.
The giant rats in Thames Wharf/Aldwych.

tombraider1best
23rd Jul 2008, 14:40
ALL YOU ARE SCARY LOL ONLY JOKIN'

wasps or the big dragon thing OR THE BIG UGLY GROSS MINGIN SCARY SCARY SPIDER

Deziz
23rd Jul 2008, 14:53
The mummies and scarabs in Tomb Raider Last Revelation. The first time one of those came after me i screamed and made Lara run into a room where the ceiling was coming down with spikes and ended up dying. I had to sit back and just breathe for a second. Also that giant ugly mutant from TR 1. Took me a long time to figure out how to beat him.

SethKoopa
23rd Jul 2008, 15:18
The mummies and scarabs in Tomb Raider Last Revelation. The first time one of those came after me i screamed and made Lara run into a room where the ceiling was coming down with spikes and ended up dying. I had to sit back and just breathe for a second.

Right, those scarabs, I forgot them. I hate them as well, as they're much faster than the wasps and appear very annoyingly often when you're climbing the Great Pyramid in both the pyramid's namesakes level and Khufu's Queens Pyramids level.

Your reaction reminds me of when I'd just got the marathon-run secret in the Lost City of Tinnos in TR3. Back inside the city, past those swinging pots of coal, I was standing on top of the crate to fight the wasps. I was fighting one, when suddenly one flew in right behind me. I didn't even yell out or anything; I just paused, stood up, walked out into the hall, leaned against the hall and then... exhaled, breathing heavily. The strangest case of shock I've ever had.

tombraider1best
23rd Jul 2008, 16:03
T H E S P I D E R S Eeeeeeewwwwww

raider101
23rd Jul 2008, 16:38
well the enemies that scared me the most are the bear in tr1 city of vambiblica and in the remake u open the doors and hear a loud roar and out of nowhere it just starts chargeing at u the giant spiders in tr2 and the monks shoot one by accident and they all attack u those guys in white and red in tr4 red had the spears white had the uzi and that big bull in the tomb of semerket that big thing with the hammer in the city of the dead tr5 those wolf dogs in the russia levels tr6 those skeleton things tr7 rutland in the ghana level he would just charge at u even if u werent ready

rabid metro
24th Jul 2008, 04:24
... scarabs in Tomb Raider Last Revelation ...

the swarms of beetles were aggravating. why couldn't you just stomp them out of existence?
:cool:

little miss Ju
24th Jul 2008, 10:55
omg People still memba this thread? I thought it was dead already. Lol this was like my second post. Cant believe its still goin.

SethKoopa
24th Jul 2008, 11:09
As long as a thread doesn't pass the 5 forum pages, it can come out alive and kicking at any time. Besides, this is an open subject.

little miss Ju
24th Jul 2008, 17:20
Why what happens to the thread after it passes 5 pages?

annebelle86
24th Jul 2008, 18:54
GIANT spiders in tr2.......okay, okay.... the small spiders in tr2 too *red cheeks of embarassment* the HUGE mutants in tr3... the big bull in tr4... the mutants in aod... t-rex in every game... and indeed every enemy that pops outta nowhere...

(first time i played tr2 and came in the giant spidercave i let my younger sister play that part because i was too scared!!! how sad is that?)

rg_001100
24th Jul 2008, 18:58
GIANT spiders in tr2.......okay, okay.... the small spiders in tr2 too *red cheeks of embarassment* the HUGE mutants in tr3... the big bull in tr4... the mutants in aod... t-rex in every game... and indeed every enemy that pops outta nowhere...

(first time i played tr2 and came in the giant spidercave i let my younger sister play that part because i was too scared!!! how sad is that?)

That spider cave scared me... just used pistols as flares and it took care of most of the little guys.

annebelle86
24th Jul 2008, 19:07
oh hell no, i just held my shotgun ready at all times with those bastards!!!!;) (and that was the second and third time through haha when i gathered enough nerve)

rg_001100
24th Jul 2008, 19:08
oh hell no, i just held my shotgun ready at all times with those bastards!!!!;) (and that was the second and third time through haha when i gathered enough nerve)

Uzis helped with the big guys... though I needed the shotgun for the one up top.

annebelle86
24th Jul 2008, 19:11
at that time i wished i had the desert eagle!!! (i played tr3 first)

rg_001100
24th Jul 2008, 19:14
at that time is wished i had the desert eagle!!! (i played tr3 first)

I played TR3 before I played TR2... I was glad that she couldn't monkey swing (while being annoyed that she couldn't). It made navigation easier.

The mutants in TR3 were pretty bad. Just used desert eagle against the big fast ones, the bazooka against the giant ones that shot plasma stuff at you... the wasps were annoying. I had saved up a lot of MP5 ammo. I probably should have used more of it against them.

annebelle86
24th Jul 2008, 19:19
i mostly used the desert eagle in tr3... mostly needed one or two shot(s)... i'm kinda lazy.... and with the huge mutants, one time i almost fell out of my chair i got so spooked haha!

IvanaKC
24th Jul 2008, 19:32
The Shivas - TR3
Bears - TRA

SethKoopa
24th Jul 2008, 22:10
Why what happens to the thread after it passes 5 pages?

Then it disappears of the list; only if you've replied to it before can you find it under your posts in your profile; if you have, well; I don't think a thread can ever be considered 'dead' unless it's locked (and they sometimes are).

EDIT:
Usually my scare factor of enemies lies in how well I can see them. Knowing an enemy is there but me being unable to see them is what makes me more frightened playing the game than anything else.

Arnar
28th Jul 2008, 12:36
i know this is not a enemy that lara was fighting but the creature that ate boaz it was creepy but the worst enemy is big bird in ice palace :nut:

fibra
28th Jul 2008, 13:07
well for me too there are many mentioned here like bears in tr1 not anniversary(i found anniversary not scary at all and legend too it looked childish i miss the horrorr)and the mummys and those atlantean creatures especially in a part where there come 3 at you and it is very VERY hard to kill them without using medipacks at least one.in tr2 the big spiders that bird like creature in the ice palace t-rex dragon sharks sometimes the tigers that came unexpectedly like i remember one in the temple of xian in the darkness once you pull a lever but i have to mention especially the statuesthat come to live in the floating islands(was wondering how no one mentioned them).in tr3 i was for the first time very afraid of the giant indian statues with six hands.and that man which had a giant hole in the stomache and was in the air.but i have not played it until the end so i dont know these mutants some are mentioning here.in tr4 i got scared from that bull thing when he opened the door by force really scary for the first time.in chronicles it was only a bit scary when you saw the death.and in aod those fishy things or whatever and the levels with kurtis.....wow a lot of memories:rolleyes:

Veppie
28th Jul 2008, 14:53
Brrr, those creepy statues! now I remember. Brrr.

Also, the huge spiders

And, not an enemy but I always get goose bumps in restricted area (?) TR3 in the room with the disected aliens.

The most boring enemy('s) was the three dragon head thing in Rome (tr chronicles). The one that bites Larson. to kill them you just had to jump side to side and shoot all the time. yawn.

lilhanhan
28th Jul 2008, 16:13
T-rex, all the creatures in Atlantis and the Torso Boss from TR1

Also the flame-thrower dudes from TR2 (especially in the diving area in the room with no water)! :eek:

Oh, and the mummies from TR4 (They weren't as scary but I hated how they made spitting or making sick sounds... eww! ) :lol:

SethKoopa
28th Jul 2008, 18:17
all the creatures in Atlantis

True, those are kind of creepy, and the sounds they make very much so.

Oh, and the mummies from TR4 (They weren't as scary but I hated how they made spitting or making sick sounds... eww! ) :lol:

Yeah, those gurgling sounds are terrible; especially those they make when they attack you.

fibra
28th Jul 2008, 19:07
yeah the restricted area or area 51 was scary the first time leaving you to hope no alien is gonna stand up oh and i noticed there a killer whale but i could not reach it or get in the water does anyone know if i can reach them,do they bite:scratch: (of course they s\SHOULD bite:nut: )i really miss the old original style of tombraider with those original sounds,have been very disapointed by the new tombraiders

SethKoopa
28th Jul 2008, 19:16
yeah the restricted area or area 51 was scary the first time leaving you to hope no alien is gonna stand up oh and i noticed there a killer whale but i could not reach it or get in the water does anyone know if i can reach them,do they bite:scratch: (of course they s\SHOULD bite:nut: )i really miss the old original style of tombraider with those original sounds,have been very disapointed by the new tombraiders

Me too, though they are doing a lot of things right nonetheless.

As for the whales, you can indeed reach them. You have to climb up the ladder in the courtyard with the spaceship, jump across the beams and finally do an enormous running jump into an open door in the wall.

fibra
28th Jul 2008, 19:35
really thanks but whats the point of reaching them can i kill them?do they bite?

SethKoopa
28th Jul 2008, 19:43
You can neither kill them nor do they bite. The Save/Health gem in their tank is Area 51's final secret.

fibra
29th Jul 2008, 06:45
oh i have to add on tr4 against the bull-thing there is a secret there and if you find it you go lets say underground.and some parts of the wall up your head are like glass and you can see through them and it is a little scary as you try to see that bull through those glasses and can hear his heavy steps.tr has changed so much.i really dont like it.in tombraider it always felt like you were in the game,it felt like you were lara,that feeling is gone now it looks just as a game now that's all.the effects have improved which make it original but still it feels like an ordinary game.when i saw legend i thought that it was great to see lara with all this new moves just the way it should be.i thought now i am really gonna enjoy this but it felt all the time so hole playing the game,no feeling,no feer,not much exploration.and the story made me feel as parrt of something important in the beginning as lara's mother was included here,like i found out something new about lara,but in the end i felt again hole i lied to myself all the time as if i was part of something important thinking i will know now laras story.i lied to myself all the time that the game would be great because of it's new effects which were not in the previous games but still i did not enjoy anything every level i expected something fun like in the old tr.and lara has changed too,she is not the lady which attracted all the people earlier and made this big fame.earlier i could see her in the news,she got the attention of the news.when bloodrayne was created she was sometimes called like lara with red hair and fangs or like laras daughter because she is appealing as lara was.also when nina williams came with her own game they said:"leave lara, eyes here a new sherif is in the town".they compared them to lara to raise the value of them not to show that they are better then lara.lara made such a fame earlier.now it is like the effects makes only the game known.i dont notice the old big fame anymore.

SethKoopa
29th Jul 2008, 14:08
Well, all 'trends' only last so long. 12 years ago the gaming world had its tongue sewn into the back of Lara's backpack. Now they say 'we always hated Tomb Raider anyway'.:rolleyes:

As for scary enemies, the Atlantean mutants in the first TR - more specifically the flying ones - sent me jumping (sometimes off a cliff:mad2:). Those mummified mutants in the Khamoon levels of the the same game are one of my favourite 'hate-ems'. Surprisingly, in Atlantis the landborne ones didn't scare me nearly as much - because you can mostly see from where they spawn thanks to the eggs.

Singstar90210
29th Jul 2008, 14:31
Atlanteans, definitely!
Also Boaz and the Shiva statues really made me jump!
SPIDERS! (really relied on the Desert Eagle for that one!)
Gorillas from both Anniversary and TR1: The way they jumped out was really unexpected!
Lions, tigers, and bears (Oh my! Well, mostly the ones that jump out along with the music. :D)

lilhanhan
29th Jul 2008, 15:27
Surprisingly, in Atlantis the landborne ones didn't scare me nearly as much - because you can mostly see from where they spawn thanks to the eggs.

The eggs bursting always made me jump... it still does actually! :o :lol:

VeNoM316
5th Aug 2008, 00:58
The monks from TR2! :eek:

Nah JK :rasp:

Honestly, the only time I remember jumping was in TR2 when I was playing that temple level and going through the spider caves and those giant spiders came out. I knew what I was coming because I saw those huge spider webs just didn't know when.

I was becoming nervous in TR:A when I was in the lost level and was going to fight the T-Rex because I had no idea how he was gonna come out but it happened via cinematic which was quite a sigh of relief.

hell999
7th Aug 2008, 14:44
The Red Ghost from AoD - Made me stop playing it for a few days :o