PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform play

mclazyj
6th May 2008, 15:24
When, if ever, will cross platform be patched and working in the game. I mean it is on the back of the box, so I have to figure that it will be working at some point. I can give a link to a box shot here (When, if ever, will cross platform be patched and working in the game. I mean it is on the back of the box, so I have to figure that it will be working at some point. I can give a link to a box shot here).

Any word on if that will be fixed soon?

NovaBlack
6th May 2008, 17:18
it wont be working soon or ever in fact.

they say lots of things on the box that then dont translate to the actual game, but if you complain about it they'l ignore you n then get tired n lock your threads.

I refuse to believe a company wouldnt release official information about a patch to pacify the community, unless they didnt in fact have/werent working on one. and at the time scale we are now it, it doesnt look likely.

halflifedave
6th May 2008, 23:16
They'll also delete your post if it states that it takes long for a patch to come out or maybe they'll delete it if it states how they don't answer questions. They weren't very clear as to why they deleted my post :scratch: . Anyway, even if K&L didn't have its numerous problems, cross-platform play is very, VERY unlikely for any game.

Mike_B
7th May 2008, 07:19
They'll also delete your post if it states that it takes long for a patch to come out or maybe they'll delete it if it states how they don't answer questions. They weren't very clear as to why they deleted my post :scratch: . Anyway, even if K&L didn't have its numerous problems, cross-platform play is very, VERY unlikely for any game.

You were suggesting piracy that's why it was deleted. If you disagree you can PM me about it. And I can't answer questions that I don't know the answer of..

Zacker
7th May 2008, 12:13
The cross platform on the box means that it's released across multiple platforms. There are no plans to add cross platform online gaming.

Kneo24
7th May 2008, 20:10
This is BS. You will come here to answer a complaint about what the box says, but you won't tell us about the lack of a PC patch. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

halflifedave
8th May 2008, 00:51
You were suggesting piracy that's why it was deleted. If you disagree you can PM me about it.

Just so we're clear, you mean the thing about the models??

And I can't answer questions that I don't know the answer of..
Perhaps, but nobody even bothered to say that much on the thread :/
As soon as somebody said to sticky the topic, nobody else appeared to have felt bothered to even act like they cared about the PC question.

mclazyj
10th May 2008, 09:40
The cross platform on the box means that it's released across multiple platforms. There are no plans to add cross platform online gaming.

Zacker, I applaude you for coming into these forums to discuss some of the issues, but I have to say that at this point, you are not helping our cause in any way. We were promised maps by you, and a patch. You have been telling us for months that it is coming. Certification for Games for Windows Live does not take this long. I have asked the Games For Windows Live team that very question for an interview, and they said that it does not take that long.

I would rather hear you say that we have stopped any development on this title on the PC. At this point, it would feel like a more honest answer. I mean the 360 and the PS3 have had a patch and maps, so are you saying that the 360 patch and DLC certification routine are less difficult than the PC.

I have loved all the games that Io Interactive have put out. The Hitman games, Freedom Fighters, and I hyped this game up to no end. I saw it at E3 at the Eidos booth and was wowed. A fellow writer had the same opinions at PAX. And yet here we stand, a great company, known for innovative titles, not helping out the very community that made their first hit in Hitman: Codename 47.

I have to wonder if I should ever support a game that has Io as a developer at this point, or an Eidos published game at this point, because I am afraid that I will receive the same treatment with another purchase.

Zacker, I implore you to do the right thing and for once truly be honest with us. At least give us a yes or no on a patch and maps. And if they are coming, give us a rough date. Give us a quarter even. We have waited patiently, and now, nothing constructive is coming of this. Moderators are just locking threads left and right, and the good reputation of Io Interactive is being sullied by the lack of support on this title.