PDA

View Full Version : TDS - question

Shadowhand
3rd May 2008, 10:08
Sorry if I did something wrong by posting here, admins or mod, please, do move the thread if it's posted in the wrong forum, but please, will someone answer me this one question,

Do you know, in TDS, when in Pagan territory (The Keepers' mission, steal the Chalice from the Hammers and the Paw from the Pagans..
How to get the Paw?
I know the ritual and stuff, I completed the moss and water offerings..
But I simply can't find out how to give a blood offering to the "Giverings Altar".
I tried different ways, Killing the wood-creature in front of the paw itself, between the water-and-moss offering spots,
I tried with a dagger, Fire arrow, heck, I even tried with the damn blackjack, and nothing happens. (Of course I tried letting the creature hit me near the paw and stuff)

Thats about it.
If anyone can help me, I didn't want to be rude by posting here if it's a problem or something, I just need my question to be answered..
-A screenshot with a circled or marked spot where to sacrifice blood and a description how to would be great.
Thanks and cheers,

-SH

Gillie
3rd May 2008, 13:22
There is nothing wrong with posting here if you have a question at all.
There has been a lot of posts about the paw, for future reference you can search. Go to search at the top of the page, type in a relevant question like
"Jacknal paw ritual" press go you can do that for anything on the game. Or just ask again, that is what we are all here for as well. :)
There is nothing wrong in asking.

You need blood. I don't have a screen shot of that area as I have no saves at that point.
*Spoiler
Go back to the entrance of the cave where you came down the steps into the cave,just on the right there is a dead body. Take it to the where the paw is stab it or arrow,it is the blood that needs to go on the symbol
Then water arrow on the left symbol ,then Moss, then the body/blood
Save before, I think that is right, they have to be done in the correct order. So you need to try,I have forgot the order.
Hope that helps. :)

jtr7
3rd May 2008, 21:31
You got it right, Gillie!

PAGjackpaw:
"The Ritual of the Root Givers three gifts in the taproot cave. Givers them each on the Givering Altar markings.

-- Givers first the water, on the Givering Altar, for the Heartoak to takers for the Paw. Bes the First and Olders of the gifts o' the Woodsie. Bes the water feeders the plants, bes the water feeders the birds and the foxers, bes the water feeders the Folk o' the Woodsie.

-- Givers next the moss, on the Givering Altar, for the Heartoak to takers for the Paw. Bes the Second and Greeners of the gifts o' the Woodsie. Bes the moss to feeders the trees, bes the moss to smooth the earth.

-- Givers last the bloods or the fleshes, on thems bloody marking, for the Heartoak to takers for the Paw. Bes the Third and Greaters of the gifts o' the Woodsie. Bes the blood, bes the lifers of the man, bes feeders thems who eat hims and bes keeps the tellings o' the hearts."

:thumbsup:

Shadowhand
4th May 2008, 07:36
Thx, you both helped me a lot, much obliged.
And thx, I will search next time :)

Gillie
4th May 2008, 13:11
Thx, you both helped me a lot, much obliged.
And thx, I will search next time :)

Pleased It helped. search yes, you can still post a question though.
It just may help if you want a quick answer, plus it may have already been answered anyway. :)

tigre23
25th Jun 2008, 20:27
did you try killing the wandering guard then dropping his body on the third icon below the paw????