PDA

View Full Version : Release date!!

Lara22Croft
29th Apr 2008, 05:11
So i was at my local game store and looking through their book of upcoming games you can reserve and Tomb Raider : Underworld was listed with a release date of 11/4/08!!! Just passing the news along and if this has already been posted then i'm sorry i didn't see it. This is my first post btw!! WOO HOO :whistle:

naraku
29th Apr 2008, 07:48
"Crosses fingers" :D Welcome to eidos forums. What my fellow forumites have said before on a similar question is that nothing is set in stone yet (Not exactly in those words). But I also have looked at my favorite video game store and its web page so far Gamestop and their pre-order date is 11/3/08 so again I "Cross my Fingers" and hope they pull it off and make the date this time. :thumbsup:

Rai
29th Apr 2008, 09:50
Unless a release date is officially announced by Eidos, no date given by stores, online or otherwise is 'set in stone'. Before Christmas is all we have so far, so November is a good guess. It's a prime time for Christmas shoppers and releases.

mimi90
29th Apr 2008, 10:04
"Crosses fingers" :D Welcome to eidos forums. What my fellow forumites have said before on a similar question is that nothing is set in stone yet (Not exactly in those words). But I also have looked at my favorite video game store and its web page so far Gamestop and their pre-order date is 11/3/08 so again I "Cross my Fingers" and hope they pull it off and make the date this time. :thumbsup:

i take it that that means 3rd of november? sorry not used to american dating set up... from what ive heard its set to come out at the beginning of December...

jayjay119
29th Apr 2008, 12:30
The November release dates seem to actually be doable, in a recent interview on tombraiderchronicles.com with a head of Eidos/Sci, they talked on the mergure with Warner Bro's and said that things are now more stable and that we could expect to see TRU BEFORE christmas.

This is opposed to the earlier 'Christmas period' release date that had been confirmed but only pensiled in!

Mangar The Dark
29th Apr 2008, 12:58
Yeah, I always figured it would get a November release. If you're trying to get something out in time for Christmas, it doesn't make sense to release it any later than mid-November. You want to be sure it's in stores and people are aware of it by the Friday after Thanksgiving (black Friday, as they call it, when the malls are packed with shoppers.) That would be November 28th this year, so I'd expect TRU to be in stores at least a week or two before that.
As for a specific date... that's anyone's guess at this point. Here in the US (and maybe the rest of the world, I'm not sure), games get released on Tuesdays. So November 4th works. But it could be postponed to November 11 or 18th. Any later than that is unlikely.

TombRaiderSpoilerBoy01
29th Apr 2008, 16:32
I did not know that thanks for telling me. :D

jayjay119
29th Apr 2008, 17:37
As for a specific date... that's anyone's guess at this point. Here in the US (and maybe the rest of the world, I'm not sure), games get released on Tuesdays. So November 4th works. But it could be postponed to November 11 or 18th. Any later than that is unlikely.

Yeah thats true lol GTA 4 was released here in the UK Today...on a Tuesday lol. Sometimes we get Thursdays or Fridays though!

Mate
30th Apr 2008, 02:00
REMEMBER THIS: this game will not be released until mid-winter. The same happened with ALL the other. They have always been a couple of months later than announced.

NightRain'06
30th Apr 2008, 03:13
The November release dates seem to actually be doable, in a recent interview on tombraiderchronicles.com with a head of Eidos/Sci, they talked on the mergure with Warner Bro's and said that things are now more stable and that we could expect to see TRU BEFORE christmas.

This is opposed to the earlier 'Christmas period' release date that had been confirmed but only pensiled in!

With the exceptions of Legend, Anniversary, and (I think) Angel Of Darkness, games previous to these had November dates and were released that month.

Essentially, for some strange reason, I have a feeling that as this year closes, there could be a delay. Why do I think this ? Since the three games mentioned above were released in April, I won't be surprised if they do end up with a possible delay even though this executive said TRU is a near holiday 2008 release.

For example, look at Grand Theft Auto IV.
I don't know if any of you remember regarding when they originally reported that it would be a October / November 2007 release.
Then maybe about 5 or 3 months before October there were news articles saying it will be delayed and here we are
~ April 29, 2008.

So yeah, I am a bit skeptical somewhat about TRU's date.
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but that's just how I feel.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong ! :)

Mangar The Dark
30th Apr 2008, 12:16
REMEMBER THIS: this game will not be released until mid-winter. The same happened with ALL the other. They have always been a couple of months later than announced.

Well, I know TR2 was released around November, as was TR4 and 5. I can't remember the others. But certainly "ALL" the others were not released in mid-winter. (wasn't TRA released in the summer?)

NightRain'06
30th Apr 2008, 12:57
Mangar The Dark ~

According to Wikipedia, even though it's not a reliable source, Anniversary was released in June.
I DO recall that now. My fault. I considered it an April release.

JordG
30th Apr 2008, 19:46
Funny enough I was reading your comments about the release dates and so forth then I decided to go on to tomb raider chornicals so I typed in tomb raider underworld and the first link was play.com pre-order tomb raider underworld blah blah blah and the due release date says 31/10/08 so It could come out then but I think because it's such an advanced game they might do what they done to tomb raider AOD keep going back and making changes and delaying the release date but fingers crossed like you said:D, oh btw here's the link if you wana check it out:) http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=Tomb+Raider%3a+Underworld&page=search&pa=search&source=5003&kwmid=1126765&kmcid=1388747911&match_type=
Jord :)