PDA

View Full Version : Problem with slow/pausing movement in game

Chamlong
24th Apr 2008, 16:57
I have a HP Compaq Presario V6700 laptop with Vista(32 bit) which has:

AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz
1983 MB RAM
Nvidia Mcp67m (GeForce 7150m)

I have tried to install the optimizer but it fails, was said to be because Vista already fixed that problem.

Here is what I can see:
It starts regularly with no problems. The menu functions very well. I watched the beginning video where Kane speaks to himself when writing the apology letter to his son with no lag or problem. The problem starts when I start the campaign and after loading, when the screen which Lynch calls Kane as "Mr Kane.. Mr Kane" starts the screen is really slow and it seems that it is frequently pausing and continuing. The sound is perfect no problems but the screen image comes with a delay as it slow. Also when I try to look around in the in-game menu it is really slow as well.

Any ideas? Please help. I really wanna play this game

jaywalker2309
16th May 2008, 07:47
Hi there

Have you tried dropping the graphic options to the bare minimum. The 7150M chipset in the laptop is a very low end chipset am afraid, even tho it has the feature support it simply doesnt have the bandwidth or performance to actually achieve what a similar specced desktop machine would give you.

The whole nvidia naming system follows the same pattern;

6 series - anything below 6800 is underpowered
7 series - anything below the 7800 is underpowered (so an 7150 is right at the beginning of the scale)
8 series - yep u guessed it, 8600 is entry level, most laptops come with 8400 as they power efficient but not gaming efficient.

And it goes on..

Laptops for games are always going to be underpowered compared to desktops am afraid as long as batteries are involved (even if you plug into mains constantly) the hardware is designed to be efficient not fast.

angel_pilot
16th May 2008, 20:18
I have the some problem.

but I have a new computer, very strong.

Quad 6600

Radeon 3870X2

4G Ram

plEEk
17th May 2008, 16:45
Good Luck with any type of support with your problem. . .

Also please refer to the sticky at the top of the page :)

angel_pilot
18th May 2008, 14:23
I read it, i disconnect the USB keyboard and the USB mouse, but it don't work...

Chamlong
23rd May 2008, 19:19
Hi there

Have you tried dropping the graphic options to the bare minimum. The 7150M chipset in the laptop is a very low end chipset am afraid, even tho it has the feature support it simply doesnt have the bandwidth or performance to actually achieve what a similar specced desktop machine would give you.

The whole nvidia naming system follows the same pattern;

6 series - anything below 6800 is underpowered
7 series - anything below the 7800 is underpowered (so an 7150 is right at the beginning of the scale)
8 series - yep u guessed it, 8600 is entry level, most laptops come with 8400 as they power efficient but not gaming efficient.

And it goes on..

Laptops for games are always going to be underpowered compared to desktops am afraid as long as batteries are involved (even if you plug into mains constantly) the hardware is designed to be efficient not fast.

Of course I tried to lower the graphic options to a bare minimum but I couldn't see any difference.

varunsah
15th Jun 2008, 15:49
i am facing the same prob here ... everything works jus fine but in the game wen i move the mouse around , it kind of works slow as if it were a video card prob , but dont think that is since i am using nvidia 8800gts along with 2gb ram and quad core processor ... i have tried everything from lowering down the resolution to disabling anti-aliasing to turning off v-sync .... every possible way tht i read on this forum and other forums on the net but it doesnt seem to be working !! the other game spiderman 3 also has the same prob .... i cant figure it out ... plz help !!

thedon
28th Mar 2009, 14:19
when playing kane and lynch, the game starts of ok but when i play the main game its starts to move very slow and pausing. the sound is ok it is just the movment. the computer meets the system requirements. lee.:lmao: