PDA

View Full Version : Those shadow creatures

Andarthiel
24th Apr 2008, 11:18
Was it ever really explained what those shadow creatures really are or where they came from .etc and why they were trying to kill you? Most of the enemies had a history of some sort behind them but those shadows were never really discussed.

RainaAudron
24th Apr 2008, 13:05
I´ve read somewhere that they are the leftovers of devoured souls which, when gather at one place, create those shadowy enemies.

Sayid
24th Apr 2008, 19:18
they are the tormented souls of those who got their necks broken by sayid's feet

FearGhoul
25th Apr 2008, 02:46
According to the official Defiance strategy guide (which I read some of at the store, just to learn more about the enemies), they are called Shades. They are beings that are made by magic and are made of pieces of leftover souls or something. They aren't really creatures themselves, they can be created and used by pretty much anyone with the knowledge I guess. The Ancient Vampires used them to help guard their Forges in Soul Reaver 2, Moebius and the Elder God send them after Raziel and Kain in Defiance, and Raziel can even use his own, small ones. When the Dark Reaver is fully powered up, you'll notice that when you hit people with it, things fly out and hit enemies, those are Raziel's Shades.

dumah's wraith
25th Apr 2008, 21:33
they are the tormented souls of those who got their necks broken by sayid's feet

Stop SAYING THAT!

Andarthiel
6th May 2008, 05:42
According to the official Defiance strategy guide (which I read some of at the store, just to learn more about the enemies), they are called Shades. They are beings that are made by magic and are made of pieces of leftover souls or something. They aren't really creatures themselves, they can be created and used by pretty much anyone with the knowledge I guess. The Ancient Vampires used them to help guard their Forges in Soul Reaver 2, Moebius and the Elder God send them after Raziel and Kain in Defiance, and Raziel can even use his own, small ones. When the Dark Reaver is fully powered up, you'll notice that when you hit people with it, things fly out and hit enemies, those are Raziel's Shades.
Thanks Zulg, that explains a lot and makes sense.
Most games tend not to explain too much about the story or the enemies but LoK tends to go into every minor detail which I like, makes it all the more enjoyable.

Raziel'sRevenge
6th May 2008, 19:20
I'd always wondered what they were