PDA

View Full Version : Internships on the Tomb Raider team

Xaein
23rd Apr 2008, 21:11
I didn't see any opportunities on Eidos Corporate. Is there any possible way I could beg the Tomb Raider team to open up some internship opportunities? :) I'm a soon to be graduating graphics code monkey willing to work for food -- just so long as it's on a Tomb Raider project. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ruz
25th Apr 2008, 23:29
might be an idea to contact them directly. you never know

Xaein
27th Apr 2008, 21:35
Going to crystal dynamic's site takes you straight to the Eidos job listings, I'm not quite sure how to get into contact with the team directly, I'm not even sure it would be appropriate heh.

Ruz
27th Apr 2008, 22:19
well all they can do is say no. I have worked in the games industry and although tis likely they will just ignore you, there is always a small chance.

If I was you I wold fire of an email to eidos and ask about it.

In this world you don't get if you don't ask:)

Rai
27th Apr 2008, 22:26
The best thing is to write - or email asking if there are any vacancies and if they would consider keeping your details on file should anything become available in the future. It may even be advantageous for you to include a mini CV (resume).

As it has been said, you can but ask.

Xaein
28th Apr 2008, 03:36
Hrm yeah, I'll probably try that out... I need to get some of my projects posted online = \

Having not worked in the games industry, I'm not really sure what impresses employers = (. For example, some of the projects I've done range from a 3d software rasterizer with corrected perspective attribute interpolation, cloth simulations, volumetric clouds, a maya plugin to export an animation format I wrote for game projects, audio systems at the level of maintaining circular buffers, 3d physics engines with oriented bounding boxes, and i got very comfortable with both OpenGL and GLSL... and on and on.

So I'm not really sure if I'm exactly qualified for a graphics programming position, but it'd be awesome to pick up an internship where i could work closely with any AAA team, let alone Crystal Dynamics. It just sucks because i can't really post any of the stuff I've done in a resume... most people just see student, no industry experience = \

Ruz
2nd May 2008, 20:02
well at my last company they gave candidates a c++ test and TBH they will be expecting you to show them stuff at your interview, so any little demos you have done will be ideal for that.
I am sure you could mail them some small demos anyway without having a web presence.
My portfolio is just a bunch of jpegs on a wordpress site and it gets me work fine.
I normally just send me an email with the links attached

Larahair
18th May 2008, 05:28
I would love to work at cd. I have a qualification in office administration work/data entry. I would love to especially work with Lara Croft/Tombraider.