PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Suggestion for team balancing after someone left

marajango
20th Dec 2013, 22:15
Whatever the reason may be, why someone is leaving or dropping out of a match midgame, it could be at least a relief for the other players, if they would get some sort of team-buff for as long as they are outnumbered. This buff could affect strength & armor and could get stronger, the more teammates are leaving and also weakens when new members are joining the match.

Psyonix_Corey
20th Dec 2013, 22:58
The danger with this is it can encourage griefing / trolling new or lower skill teammates. Some players may prefer the buff over the liability of another potential kill for the enemy team walking around.

JanusDominus
21st Dec 2013, 10:37
I remember proposing adding an AI teammate who replaces the leaver until someone else drops in.

Oroibahazopi
21st Dec 2013, 13:07
Dishonour system for chronic leavers.

Crusader_bin
30th Dec 2013, 16:27
Two systems are proposed that already are in place in some games :)
Both dishonour and making players get buffs I already encountered in games and they worked fine. Almost griefer free actually.

The AI thing couldn't possibly work, as often it is easier to win death match with less players (that just die less) vs more (that are possible targets). If you would add a squishy bot... Either it would suck or be cheating, none of which would be fair.

blincoln
4th Jan 2014, 02:56
If an even number of people (2/4/etc.) leave what about reassigning half that many random players to the smaller team to make up for it? Everyone plays as both sides anyway.

Syst3mzero
4th Jan 2014, 10:45
If an even number of people (2/4/etc.) leave what about reassigning half that many random players to the smaller team to make up for it? Everyone plays as both sides anyway.

That's the worst system, you wouldn't believe the amount of times I used to play BF2 and in the last minute be reassigned to the losing team to balance leavers when I had played on the winning team for the rest of the match.

blincoln
4th Jan 2014, 19:08
That's easy to address, IMO, by making reassignment something to look forward to: if you are reassigned, then for scoring/stats purposes the system could consider you part of whichever of the two teams you were on did better than the other. In Nosgoth as it is today (with two teams per match), that means you would always be considered part of the winning team.