PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses and Passport?

Fickji
22nd Apr 2008, 23:54
Well, I was going through the old threads and I didn't see anything about this so...

I would love to see the old type hippy sunglasses worn by Lara in pretty much every game before Legend and Anniversary. You know, the red tinted round sunglasses. And an option for the black tinted ones from AOD.

And I'd love to see the passport save/load make an appearance somewhere in the game. Even if its just a heres where she's going type thing or a hey theres the passport, it would be cool to see what her passport photo looks like.

What do you posters think?

LisaB1962
23rd Apr 2008, 11:26
I liked the passport. It gave a reminder of Lara as "world traveler."

However, CD's probably already got several provocative new animations ready for the save/load screen, so I doubt we'll see the passport again as such. ;)

Arctic
23rd Apr 2008, 12:43
It could be really nice, yes, but we have to accept that Eidos/Crystal Dynamics are making Tomb Raider in another way now. So I don't think the passport will return, but maybe the sunglasses will :cool: :D

But I agree! It would be cool if they came back!

TDK
23rd Apr 2008, 20:06
yup i luved the Sunglasses and Passport hope to see them back

LaraLara
23rd Apr 2008, 21:05
Why do so many fans here want an old-school Lara in a next-generation game... :mad2:

Fickji
23rd Apr 2008, 22:03
Why do so many fans here want an old-school Lara in a next-generation game... :mad2:

Its the "nod" to the old games type thing. Some of us have been playing since the beginning and don't want to see her do a Jak and Dexter or another AOD.

I felt a little disappointed when the sunglasses in Anniversary were unlocked and they weren't her signature sunglasses. Its like taking away her duel pistols. Or shaving her head. Or ditching the backpack. Theses are the items that make Lara, Lara.

I understand if the save/load feature doesn't involve the passport. I understand that its hard to save/load in a passport with checkpoints all over the place. Maybe it would be too much Core and not enough crystal dynamics to go back like that. But I'd like a small cutscene of her using a passport and saying something snazy like

"I used to save my passports for old times sake" or something like that.

Change is great but some things should never change or be totally forgotten. It is when we forget that bad mistakes are made.

Rai
23rd Apr 2008, 22:23
I liked the old passports. Not too bothered about the sunglasses.

LaraLara
24th Apr 2008, 00:46
I don't like Lara wearing black sunglasses... It makes her look like Core Design's archetypal 'badgirl' Lara. I greatly favour Crystal Dynamic's new design of Lara. She is more complex and multi-dimensional, in terms of her personal characteristics, and graphically speaking as well :p

But with all that said, I don't mind the inclusion of the 'classic' sunglasses at all as long as it's included as optional eyewear from her wardrobe selection.

_Tomb_Raider_
24th Apr 2008, 17:11
It could be really nice, yes, but we have to accept that Eidos/Crystal Dynamics are making Tomb Raider in another way now. So I don't think the passport will return, but maybe the sunglasses will :cool: :D

But I agree! It would be cool if they came back!
I don't think that we will see sunglasses again beacose Edios cude put them in Anniversary - there was a old wet-suit, photos, but sunglasses were not....so

TwinPistols
25th Apr 2008, 11:20
the passport could appear somewhere in Croft Manor and we could interact with it as a menu for bonus, as locations concepts or screenshots from the older games.

Arctic
25th Apr 2008, 12:08
I don't think that we will see sunglasses again beacose Edios cude put them in Anniversary - there was a old wet-suit, photos, but sunglasses were not....so

You're probably right (:

Anarae
27th Apr 2008, 15:26
The passports were creative and great, but I'm not bothered that they're gone.

The sunglasses bugged me. Probably because a very annoying girl I used to go to high school with thought she was a Tomb Raider expert and wore them to school. She had a strange ski-slope type nose and it drew great emphasis to it. When I see those sunglasses, I see that girl trying to be Lara and I shiver because she did such a poor job of it. :(

I wonder, since Crystal Dynamics is digging up the bones of Lara's past, if she ever uhm...indulged in recreational hippie activities such as smoking things that grow in the dirt.;)

jayjay119
27th Apr 2008, 15:37
I was disappointed when Core took the passport/menu-rings out of TR after number 3, but then I had to get over it. I felt that if they didn't appear in TR:AOD then we wouldn't be seeing them again but i was glad to see the menu ring incorporated into TR:A, I hope they that factor into TR:U for nostalgic purposed for us hardcore raiders and to the fans who joined at legend it wouldn't make any difference to them!

The glasses thing didnt really bother me though, I would like to see AOD's glasses though especially as TRU lara resembles so greatly AOD lara!

dzakia
12th Mar 2012, 08:39
Hi,

Thanks for your nice writing.

Thanks

----------------

http://www.whiteapes.com/catalogsearch/result/?q="bowery"

Croft maniac
12th Mar 2012, 17:38
I kind of forgot all about the sunglasses and passport but it would be a great thing to see appear in a game if only for the nostalgia element.

Charlie.T.Raider
13th Mar 2012, 18:36
The passport was very cool and I agree with those who think it would be a great touch to see return but in a future game as it doesn't fit with the TR9 theme.

Error96_
18th Mar 2012, 17:39
Don't see it happening at all but it would be such a nice touch if they did.

Photodinopathy
5th May 2015, 17:55
That is so good. I forgot about the passport and yes it would be cool to have that on options screen again.

Relic_Runner
20th Jul 2015, 10:44
I too completely forgot about the sunglasses and the passport. That is kind of a real wave of nostalgia there. Yes it would be funny to see those again.