PDA

View Full Version : Lara going evil again?

Falcon
21st Apr 2008, 09:50
Is it just me or is this whole underworld thing a little creapy? I mean Lara's new look, the "underworld" theme? No offence i love lara but the whole "evil lara" idea we got in AOD seems to be creaping through again. It's just freaky:confused:

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:11
Well, they havn't finished it yet so they might change it. I dont think sehe looks creepy. maybe tougher.

TombRaiderPrincess
21st Apr 2008, 10:18
I dont really know much about AOD but she sounds pretty creepy. I agree with LaraCroftRox. She should be creepy-toughish.:cool:

Yeah, thats the tecnical term.

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:19
I dont really know much about AOD but she sounds pretty creepy. I agree with LaraCroftRox. She should be creepy-toughish.:cool:

Yeah, thats the tecnical term.

I never said she looks creepy! I said she doesn't! :confused:

TombRaiderPrincess
21st Apr 2008, 10:22
You didnt see the end or Legend. she was really really mad. its scary when shes mad. TRU is ment to follow on from that. I think.....:nut:

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:23
She got mad in TRA to u know. THAT was scary! but awesome :rasp:

TombRaiderPrincess
21st Apr 2008, 10:25
Yeah? well she wasnt shooting and screamin and knocking out (twice) her old friend.

WAS SHE??!!!!:lmao:

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:26
She was knockin out Larson. :lol:

TombRaiderPrincess
21st Apr 2008, 10:26
He had it comin......

enyhoo this is getting a bit of topic:rolleyes:

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:28
He had it comin......

enyhoo this is getting a bit of topic:rolleyes:

So on that note, I don't think she's gonnA BE A RUTHLESS killer like in TRL or TRAOD

TombRaiderPrincess
21st Apr 2008, 10:29
:) I hope so. Legend wa sgood but to many dumb guys with guns that were just ASKING to be killed.

Larahair
21st Apr 2008, 15:13
You didnt see the end or Legend. she was really really mad. its scary when shes mad. TRU is ment to follow on from that. I think.....:nut: I thought that in legend Lara was totally epic and Amanda deserved it she was a pain in the butt.

_Tomb_Raider_
21st Apr 2008, 16:58
Well, it is possible that Underworld Lara will be a dark like AOD Lara, but I don't think that CD will do that like Core thid.... It was a big mistake to make dark Lara in AOD and CD won't make mistake like Core did!:)

_Tomb_Raider_
21st Apr 2008, 16:59
You didnt see the end or Legend. she was really really mad. its scary when shes mad. TRU is ment to follow on from that. I think.....:nut:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Falcon
21st Apr 2008, 18:06
Well, it is possible that Underworld Lara will be a dark like AOD Lara, but I don't think that CD will do that like Core thid.... It was a big mistake to make dark Lara in AOD and CD won't make mistake like Core did!:)

You're probably right. I know she's desprate finding her parents and all that, but why does she have to look so tough/mean all of a sudden? She reminds me of the female version of Rambo, ok that's a little extreme.

Lara was always tough and nice, in her own aristocratic way. I don't know. A well, wait for the game then we'll see. Get's relesed dec. agh that's forever!!!! :eek:

jayjay119
22nd Apr 2008, 12:26
I think it'd be a good thing to make Lara darker at this point, I would think by now she's so desperate to get her mother back that she's gonna be willing to push anything thats in her way aside, by any means necessary.

Plus I didn't think Lara actually WAS darker in AOD in fact she was more tolerant that she was in TR1-5! but she looked darker, it was weird! The AOD lara model is still my prefered one though

mimi90
22nd Apr 2008, 13:57
I think it'd be a good thing to make Lara darker at this point, I would think by now she's so desperate to get her mother back that she's gonna be willing to push anything thats in her way aside, by any means necessary.

Plus I didn't think Lara actually WAS darker in AOD in fact she was more tolerant that she was in TR1-5! but she looked darker, it was weird! The AOD lara model is still my prefered one though

i agree. wouldn't you be a little annoyed if you found out your mother was still alive and you didn't know? anyway i don't think its darkness, more determination. AOD was particuarly dark anyhow, core just made her look mean!

Arctic
22nd Apr 2008, 16:53
I wouldn't say 'evil' or 'creepy', but maybe a bit angrier.
Well, lets see if they keep her like that - we can not be sure :D

LisaB1962
22nd Apr 2008, 18:14
I'm not sure that Lara was every certain her mother was dead. What's the point of spending your time and resources looking for something that won't make a difference?

I mean, Amelia vanished; she didn't explode or drop dead or anything. Lara was a child with a vivid imagination. Probably thought it was some new-fangled Tardis or something. Or Scotty had beamed her up. :D

jayjay119
22nd Apr 2008, 21:53
I'm not sure that Lara was every certain her mother was dead. What's the point of spending your time and resources looking for something that won't make a difference?

I mean, Amelia vanished; she didn't explode or drop dead or anything. Lara was a child with a vivid imagination. Probably thought it was some new-fangled Tardis or something. Or Scotty had beamed her up. :D

Lol do you think Lara watched the doctor in her younger years? I can't really imagine her sitting down in front of the TV in croft manor watching TV at any age lol

NightRain'06
23rd Apr 2008, 05:37
Is it just me or is this whole underworld thing a little creapy? I mean Lara's new look, the "underworld" theme? No offence i love lara but the whole "evil lara" idea we got in AOD seems to be creaping through again. It's just freaky:confused:

I felt deja vu as well when I had Angel of Darkness on PS2 and now Underworld will be on PS3 amongst others this time around.

AOD Lara looked like she's going through a phase by her appearance. Underworld Lara seems more dare I say bad-ass. Not evil, necessarily. She's like a good bad-ass. That make sense ? :scratch: :lol:

ElevenTR
25th Apr 2008, 08:59
I heard somewhere that she relesases a dark spirit form the underworld and it possesses her? If so, i hope we get to play as 'evil Lara'. :rolleyes:

TwinPistols
25th Apr 2008, 11:15
I felt deja vu as well when I had Angel of Darkness on PS2 and now Underworld will be on PS3 amongst others this time around.

AOD Lara looked like she's going through a phase by her appearance. Underworld Lara seems more dare I say bad-ass. Not evil, necessarily. She's like a good bad-ass. That make sense ? :scratch: :lol:

I have the same deja vu. Underworld: a game for the next generation with a dark story, a "darker" outfit... it reminds me angel of darkness. i hope these are the only coincidences 'cause AoD wasn't very successful (even though i liked it).

rsdigi
25th Apr 2008, 11:58
Well, they havn't finished it yet so they might change it. I dont think sehe looks creepy. maybe tougher.
nice avy, wonder where you got that from...hmmmmm

NightRain'06
25th Apr 2008, 17:18
I have the same deja vu. Underworld: a game for the next generation with a dark story, a "darker" outfit... it reminds me angel of darkness. i hope these are the only coincidences 'cause AoD wasn't very successful (even though i liked it).

That being said, personally, I had and still have complete trust in Crystal Dynamics team with their record of Legend and Anniversary. So I'm not worried at all. When they released Legend, they restored my love for TR again. :)

Larahair
26th Apr 2008, 03:39
I heard somewhere that she relesases a dark spirit form the underworld and it possesses her? If so, i hope we get to play as 'evil Lara'. :rolleyes:Where did you hear that it would be cool and different however I would want Lara to be her old sweet self after she became herself again.

Rai
26th Apr 2008, 11:52
Dark clothes, check. Dark creepy looking place, check. A plot revolving around the Mayan calendar and a list of probable locations. That is all we have to go on. Nothing to suggest that Lara will go evil. Evil is the wrong word really. If you refer to AoD, dark, moody and hissed off is better. She was being framed for murder and for a little while there was a ? mark over it. But down right evil isn't Lara.

Hmm where did this evil spirit possession come from? That could be interesting - for a while, a level or 2 maybe. This is a rumour, surely?

So far though, there is nothing to indicate that she will be mad bad and badder. Not from the info we have got. The plot follows on from Legend, so she can't have a personality transplant that quickly. She's tougher looking, but that's graphics and mainly just physical at the moment. Nothing to show us her attitude - yet.

All I know is I can't wait to find out!

Anarae
27th Apr 2008, 14:49
Lara wasn't evil in AOD. If you want to see Lara be evil check out the first few games. She's bloodthirsty and has no remorse about pumping people full of lead. I never saw it as one of her flaws like some people did. In Lara's world it helps not to be emotionally attached. Being objective is what contributes to keeping her alive.

She does show remorse for killing Larson in Anniversary, which is fitting, because she's becoming more human-like in the games as they advance. I doubt she'll be evil in Underworld unless she has no choice.

jayjay119
27th Apr 2008, 15:45
Hmm where did this evil spirit possession come from? That could be interesting - for a while, a level or 2 maybe. This is a rumour, surely?

I agree- short term only please. especially if it disables her in some form, like playing as the dark prince in POP3 those parts were quite annoying at times!

Lara wasn't evil in AOD. If you want to see Lara be evil check out the first few games. She's bloodthirsty and has no remorse about pumping people full of lead. I never saw it as one of her flaws like some people did. In Lara's world it helps not to be emotionally attached. Being objective is what contributes to keeping her alive.

She does show remorse for killing Larson in Anniversary, which is fitting, because she's becoming more human-like in the games as they advance. I doubt she'll be evil in Underworld unless she has no choice.

Again I agree Lara was traumatized in AOD because of the events that happened at the end of TR4, if we had gotten the full version of TR:AOD then maybe this would have been better portrayed, plus as I have said before Lara to me seemed to be more tolerant of people in AOD rather than less. Le Serpant Rouge is a good example of this, when Pierre/ Bernard say she must get the box before they tell her anything she adheres to them, where as in TR1-5 she'd probably have just beaten him up until he squealed (well Pierre anyway!)

Ms.Croft.Legend
29th Apr 2008, 10:56
I agree with Falcon,

I do think that this new Underworld Lara is going towards the evil side, with the dark clothing (as cool as it is) and the killer looks. She does remind me of AOD.

Although I also agree with everyone else, I think they wouldnt go in the same direction as AOD (hopefully) since that look should be reserved for only AOD. And recently with a new pic of the actual game she was smiling making her alot more... friendly I guess, uncreepy-esh. Plus, pissed off Lara is awesome. Legend FTW! (and yes, Amanda soooo had it coming, i wanted to hit her myself)