PDA

View Full Version : TRU Versions Confirmed: PC, PS2, PS3, XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, and DS.

NightRain'06
21st Apr 2008, 04:11
My main reason for creating this thread is because I've recently seen people asking in their own threads of whichever version will be released scattered around in this and TR General Discussion forum. So instead of having a flood of threads, to put those people and pending newbies minds at ease, just to inform them, here's my thread.

To those who want written confirmation, please see this link. :)

http://www.tombraider.com

TR Underworld news January 31, 2008

Tomb Raider: Underworld, the dramatic new action adventure from leading game developer Crystal Dynamics, is set for release on

Microsoft Xbox 360
Sony PlayStation 3
PC Games for Windows
Nintendo Wii and DS
PlayStation 2

Christmas 2008.

To make sure you get all the news and information as soon as it's announced register now!

For those still asking ~ Right now, it's too early to:

1. Know whether the game will become ported further.
Therefore, as soon as further official news regarding this surface from the Internet, I will post the information here. Have some patience.

2. Official PC System Requirements Revealed !! (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81348) ~10.23.08

rabid metro
22nd Apr 2008, 04:47
ermmmm, perhaps we could add newly announced ports to this thread when those events happen.

i suspect that given a DS port, a traditional PSP port would not be too much of a stretch.
also, given the blurring between the mac and PC lines (ref. getamac: office stress (http://www.apple.com/getamac/)), :cool: a mac port is plausible, also ...

for Underworld to be insanely great is going to require next-gen muscle. other ports will be derivative ...
:cool:

NightRain'06
22nd Apr 2008, 05:43
rabid metro ~ You know what ? You're correct. Since they do have ample time to maybe port to a few more consoles even if they could be released after launch, the thread should be kept open for upcoming port news later on.

Remember Anniversary Wii ? I think again, that version will be more polished than the PS2's. I immediately wanted to get the version and the Wii console as well but didn't have the money. I still don't because it's never saved and was being used on other things.

But yes, my original version will be the PS3. (I still don't have a 360 because of the paranoia of RROD. :( )

Treeble
22nd Apr 2008, 10:52
Written confirmation is also available on the official website. You'd think newcomers would check at least that one before coming over to the boards asking for info. :p

Treeble
1st May 2008, 15:24
Bump. Mods, please have this pinned at least for a while longer until we're shown footage of all the versions. Thanks. :)

@NightRain
Maybe you could also add a link to www.tombraider.com to your original post, where this can be found:

Tomb Raider: Underworld, the dramatic new action adventure from leading game developer Crystal Dynamics, is set for release on Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3, PC Games for Windows, Nintendo Wii and DS and PlayStation 2 Christmas 2008.

To make sure you get all the news and information as soon as it's announced register now!

Why people still think it's not coming out in most of these platforms remains a mystery that probably not even Lara Croft can solve. :rolleyes:

NightRain'06
1st May 2008, 18:23
Thanks, Treeble. :)

Arctic
2nd May 2008, 12:11
Why people still think it's not coming out in most of these platforms remains a mystery that probably not even Lara Croft can solve. :rolleyes:

Yes! I have been wondering so much about that too. Look on the official Tomb Raider website, folks ;)

dark_angel_7
2nd May 2008, 13:35
www.tombraiderboard.com also reported a while back that TRU was scheduled for PSP & Mobile. Although no other site had reported on this I'm guessing it was just presumptions.

Shaidester
3rd May 2008, 03:09
Oh wow, I didn't think it would have come out for the PS2 especially with its graphics :O. Although, the graphics would probably be cut down because of the difference with technology between the older systems and newer ones, but I've been a main player with the PS2 and would find playing this game uncanny to play on the PC :$.

NightRain'06
6th May 2008, 14:58
www.tombraiderboard.com also reported a while back that TRU was scheduled for PSP & Mobile. Although no other site had reported on this I'm guessing it was just presumptions.

I won't be surprised if they port the game further. :)

GoranAgar
7th May 2008, 09:17
Good thread.

Marly_LaraLover
7th May 2008, 13:00
I hope the game comes for PS2 :cool:

My computer can't handle it, and all I have is ps2. :nut:

croft_3
7th May 2008, 13:34
ermmmm, perhaps we could add newly announced ports to this thread when those events happen.

i suspect that given a DS port, a traditional PSP port would not be too much of a stretch.
also, given the blurring between the mac and PC lines (ref. getamac: office stress (http://www.apple.com/getamac/)), :cool: a mac port is plausible, also ...

for Underworld to be insanely great is going to require next-gen muscle. other ports will be derivative ...

wow what a great puzzle in your name...lol:D

rabid metro
8th May 2008, 01:30
wow ... your name.

shhhh, there's youngsters around ... :cool:

NightRain'06
8th May 2008, 05:11
Good thread.

Well, thanks for stickifying it. :D

~~~~~

It will.
To further explain, since Legend, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos have not denied PS2 versions because they know there are a lot of people, who are hesitant to buy a 360 or PS3, still have and use their PS2. Not to mention the constant growing PS2 install base to this day. So because of these reasons, they are not willing to jeopardize losing the PS2 owners. :)

Rai
8th May 2008, 11:13
shhhh, there's youngsters around ... :cool:

OMG! I have been sooo blind and slooow on the uptake. Until now, I never noticed. ;)

RuumTaedor
8th May 2008, 13:42
OMG! I have been sooo blind and slooow on the uptake. Until now, I never noticed. ;)

:whistle:

rabid metro
9th May 2008, 02:25
OMG! ... Until now, I never noticed.
i'm basically very shy ... so my style is to more or less hide in plain sight ...

:whistle:

@ruum~ sometimes i hate myself ... for pilfering a good idea ... :cool:

its been about a year since i've used the following sig
(which like a few others spelled things out).
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/spinraidon.gifhttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/greengrapple.gif
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/blackpanther.gifhttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/name.gif

"... and now we return you to your regularly scheduled threading ..."

RuumTaedor
9th May 2008, 03:47
i'm basically very shy ... so my style is to more or less hide in plain sight ...

Ah, a Transformer, are we?

@ruum~ sometimes i hate myself ... for pilfering a good idea ... :cool:

Hehe thanks for mentioning. You're too kind. Give yourself some credit, Mr. Metro. Here, I'll do it for you. Perhaps you've pilfered a good idea. No, you've built upon a good idea, transformed in your own way, and now it has "Rabid" all over it, leaving little doubt as to the techie who crafted it. And that's what it's all about, ain't it? Good ideas improving good ideas.

(One of these days when i have a little more time I'll have to ask you how to do animated gifs on the Mac.)

rabid metro
10th May 2008, 03:09
... animated gifs on the Mac ...
i used to use (freeware, drag and drop) little applications like GifBuilder. The 4-window gif shown in the previous post is from that era. The best solution is Adobe PhotoShop Elements v6 ($80 USD). Elements has superior editing tools, transparent backgrounds (see example below :cool: ), comprehensive help files and there are tons of PhotoShop tutorials around the net, etc. ...
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/rabiddropin.gif

pinkangel07
10th May 2008, 03:18
woot PS2!

:D at rabid metro

and again, YAY PS2! Playstation is my first platform and my favorite too, but I'm not going to buy anything else besides what I have, which is PS2 and Gamecube. I know, life is hard. lol

digifan
24th May 2008, 00:21
Question - If this game is suppose to be next gen, why would it be in both PS2 and PS3 format? :confused:

BTW the screen shots of this game looked fantastic. I hope the team over at CD remember to take notes on reactions to Legend and make a better control and game play environment for us to explore.

dark_angel_7
24th May 2008, 17:11
Question - If this game is suppose to be next gen, why would it be in both PS2 and PS3 format? :confused:

BTW the screen shots of this game looked fantastic. I hope the team over at CD remember to take notes on reactions to Legend and make a better control and game play environment for us to explore.

The TR fanbase hasnt completely moved over to 'current-gen' (PC, 360, PS3 & Wii) formats and so Eidos would loose fans and money if they didnt release it for the PS2. Not to mention PS2 still sells good these days :).

Treeble
26th May 2008, 22:53
Last I heard, the PS2 was still outselling the PS3.

rabid metro
27th May 2008, 01:30
Last I heard, the PS2 was still outselling the PS3.

depends on what "outsell" means ...
the installed base of "recent" PS2 sales is more than 16 times greater than the installed base of PS3 sales.
therefore, the PS2 will be driving a lot of SONY software sales for the next couple of years at least ...
however, as of late, the PS3 console is now starting to outsell the PS2 (http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/npd-gta-iv-mario-kart-drive-us-game-industry-sales-to-123-billion-in-april/?biz=1) in monthly sales.

the PS2 + PS3 + X360 combined monthly sales are less than Wii and less than half of Wii + DS.

digifan
27th May 2008, 13:41
depends on what "outsell" means ...
the installed base of "recent" PS2 sales is more than 16 times greater than the installed base of PS3 sales.
therefore, the PS2 will be driving a lot of SONY software sales for the next couple of years at least ...
however, as of late, the PS3 console is now starting to outsell the PS2 (http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/npd-gta-iv-mario-kart-drive-us-game-industry-sales-to-123-billion-in-april/?biz=1) in monthly sales.

the PS2 + PS3 + X360 combined monthly sales are less than Wii and less than half of Wii + DS.

That is fine and all but it still doesn't answer the question of why having a next gen game being release on an aging game console system. Shouldn't we be dropping the PS2 in favor of the next gen technology in the PS3? After all didn't Microsoft drop the original Xbox almost immediately after the X360 was released or Nintendo dropping the Game Cube in flavor of the Wii? IMO I'll probably buy the PS3 version of TRU instead of getting both formats of the same game. Just something you might want to consider.

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 14:56
My boyfriend keeps saying "Oh they are only making the new Tomb Raider for PS3 because their gonna discontinue all PS2 games." I tell him "Dude, no. Get with the program!" I mean, he's a guy and I know way more about this sort of thing then him. It's pretty funny.

NightRain'06
28th May 2008, 06:19
Digifan ~

To further explain, since Legend, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos have not denied PS2 versions because they knew there were a lot of people, who were hesitant to buy a 360 or PS3, still have and use their PS2. Not to mention the constant growing PS2 install base to this day. So because of these reasons, they are not willing to jeopardize losing the PS2 owners. :)

Also, I heard in an Internet podcast the NPD Chart numbers for March 2008 and PS2 ranked in the 7th spot which has sold approximately 200,000 units. Even the host of the podcast reading the information was amazed the console was still selling well.

I suppose Sony doesn't want to follow the trend of abandoning the previous console. Maybe just for the TR series it seems.

angerzXraider
28th May 2008, 15:00
I just found an article that says that specifically says: The dispatch of Tomb Raider 8 is widely expected to exploit this avenue of release as well as supporting purely Next-Gen consoles including Xbox 360, Sony PS3 and Windows PC.

Is this true? :( I have read every post on this thread. Why would the Official Tomb Raider website state that Underworld will be available for PS2 if it wasn't true:

Heres the link:

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3351.html

That's not fair! I don't have the money to pay for a PS3!!!!! :mad2:
Can someone please verify? QUICK I'm in distress!! :(

Tomb-Dude
28th May 2008, 16:40
Ages ago they where only going to make TR:U for PS3, Xobx 306 and PC but now they are adding more consoles wich are the PS2 and wii and DS as they thread title says the confirmed versions. These versions which are on this thread are the ones it's going to be released on.

angerzXraider
28th May 2008, 21:29
aww Thanks tomb-dude you rock!! I was so worried! Noone was answerring me. So then, that must be an old article? IM SO RELIEVED, HAHA :p

NightRain'06
28th May 2008, 22:29
To the future skeptics, for the last time, TRU will be on PS2.

Legend and Anniversary was on PS2 as well as other counterparts, if you didn't already know.
Therefore, TRU would stay on it like the previous two games because Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Interactive most likely knew they do not want deny and lose the specific large amount of PS2 owners who haven't yet decided on which console to move onto.

angerzXraider
28th May 2008, 23:20
Sorry!! i feel stupid now... lol

NightRain'06
28th May 2008, 23:45
I didn't mean to make you feel that way. If it seemed like that, then I should apologize to you. You don't have to.
So I truly apologize.

angerzXraider
30th May 2008, 02:53
Its okay!!!!! I'm glad you posted that for all the other users who were uncertain about it like me. It will help alot of other people! :D you didnt have to apologize NightRain, that was generous.

Tomb-Dude
30th May 2008, 09:27
When i heard ages ago what Angerz heard, i must admite i was shcoked knowing that Legend was on PS2 but the follow up wasn't going to be. I'm lucky now if it wasn't because my dad has got a powerful computer. But all the other people.
But I know im going to get it on both my PC and ps2 one becuase it's dad computer and i wont be allowed om there all the time, so i will want to play it in my room.
And 2 see the difference in graphics.

And that's alright Angerz always here to help.

Goose Master
4th Jun 2008, 16:20
Graphics wise, you can always push it that little bit further on a PC then you can on a console, but you dont get the free movement that the pads offer i suppose.

thien_raider
9th Jun 2008, 15:14

I agree with you, I hope tomb raider underworld come for ps2 too, because I don't have enough money to buy ps3 or xbox 360. hehe:lol:

Treeble
9th Jun 2008, 23:02
It's confirmed that it will be available for PS2. If you are to hope for something, hope it doesn't get cancelled. :p

NightRain'06
9th Jun 2008, 23:09
Not to mention the fact that because of the insane amount of PS2 consumer base in nearly a decade, if Legend wasn't released on that console, it probably wouldn't have sold as well compared to if it was only on PS3, PC, XBox 360, etc.
That's how I figure.

So, simply put, PS2 IS MONEY for Eidos Interactive and Crystal Dynamics ! :)

zakker
10th Jun 2008, 23:13
for www.tombraider.com portal, after entering the TRU section to register your name and email to recieve info from eidos, in the favourite eidos game combo it gives the following TR games:
TR: elixir of life.
TR: orisis codex.:confused:
TR: puzzle paradox.:confused:
TR: quest for cannibar.:confused:

can any one explain to me what that mean, please.:mad2:

Treeble
11th Jun 2008, 01:24
All of those are Tomb Raider games released on Java mobile platforms. :)

blonde croft
16th Jun 2008, 15:42
i think tomb raider underworld will only be on PS3, xbox 360 and P.C/MAC because the game is in HD.also the other consoles can work with fully Next gen games like TRU.:)

Treeble
16th Jun 2008, 15:56
It has already been confirmed that it's not the case.

Buzz Monkey is working on a port of the game to the less powerful platforms (PS2, Wii and DS).

thien_raider
17th Jun 2008, 07:51
:mad2: no no no, I want Tomb Raider underworld come out for ps2, the main website wrote: pc, PS2,ps3,wii,ds,xbox360, remember?I just want TRU come out for PS2, and then, after TRU is whatever, I don't care anymore;)

pot
17th Jun 2008, 10:06
No Mac? No PSP?

New skool crappy controls again....

It's almost as though Eidos doesn't want me to buy this game :eek:

NightRain'06
17th Jun 2008, 20:09
To Pot and everyone......

As soon as news of other ports appear, the information will be added into my first post.

I don't think Crystal Dynamics or Buzz Monkey Software will screw up with the controls since they have had a handle on it in the past. Personally, I'm accustomed to it and so far, we don't know what TRU controls will be. But if there was a guess, it could be similar to Anniversary's layout with some (or significant) tweaks. Again, we won't know until demos become available.

blonde croft
17th Jun 2008, 20:18
i love the new controlls more easier too use than TR1-6

Deviancy
19th Jun 2008, 06:22
TR 6 was a nightmare.

Hopefully 8 will have similar controls as Anniversary, but with the action of Legend. I didn't like Anniversary, probably because I prefer action over the puzzles.

feanor1999
19th Jun 2008, 19:40
Ayup Rabid Metro...

Ah maybe so, but what about the rumours of PS3s overheating and conking out? is it true? has a problem be solved and is it safe to buy one?

I for one at this moment of credit crunch, couldn't afford to have a console go down... especially with TRU on the Horizon...

rabid metro
20th Jun 2008, 01:08
... but what about the rumours of PS3s overheating and conking out? is it true? has a problem be solved and is it safe to buy one?...

maybe someone out there can share their experience.
this is what i got from a google search: PS3 problems (http://www.fixya.com/support/p201379-sony_playstation_3_console)

feanor1999
20th Jun 2008, 07:33
Ayup Metro...

Thankee...

My tiny mind must've been temporarily seized up (or i was just feeling plain lazy) as that's the advice I usually give when someone wants a model related query sorting out....:mad2: :nut: :whistle:

Deviancy
21st Jun 2008, 07:49
Will they be making this for the TurboGrafx 16? ;)

Donnie901
21st Jun 2008, 09:21
It's great to hear Underworld is also hitting the DS!
I liked to play Legend on the ds. And I hope I'll like Underworld even more! I also hope it supports a kind of multiplayer function (More than Legend DS had), because my brother and sister also have a DS and I'd love to play Tomb Raider with them.

pot
22nd Jun 2008, 15:37
On the DS but not PSP? Don't understand that...

Treeble
22nd Jun 2008, 15:43
Might be a direct reflection of sales of the previous games. Even though Anniversary was on PSP but not on DS.

pot
22nd Jun 2008, 15:47
Maybe if they listened to their fans and sorted out the controls they might sell more on the PSP.

Daz
23rd Jun 2008, 05:43
Any idea yet if there will be a collectors edition for any of the releases?

I'd kinda like a CE for the PC version. Ideally I'll buy the game as soon as it comes out, so I'll be sad if I do that and a CE comes out a few months later...

Also, is the game going to be released simultaneously worldwide? Rock band and Brawl still aren't out here, and now I don't even WANT to buy them, when I kinda did before.

chubbywubby
23rd Jun 2008, 05:55
3rd November 2008 Oh Yeah you heard it right check the sites if you dont believe it 3rd Nov 2008 THIRD NOVEMBER TWO THOUSAND AND EIGHT Oh MY GOD i cant wait

NightRain'06
23rd Jun 2008, 06:58
Welcome and honestly, now I think it almost seems like a standard considering in recent games there have been Limited and/or Collector's Editions available as well as regulars. So I won't be surprised if they do have either of those for Underworld too. :)

I really wanted to get an Anniversary CE for PS2 and a regular for PC but was too late because those [ CE ] disappeared immediately at a retailer and at GameStop. However, I was happy to have bought PC and PS2 regulars because I still wanted two versions.

Click http://www.tombnews.com/news/2008042501/ because it does say worldwide release.
However, I'm not absolutely sure if it will be simultaneously released worldwide.

To the administrator : I apologize if the link is not allowed. I just wanted to inform this person. :)

~~~~~~

Chubbywubby ~ Do not enlarge your font to a ridiculously immense size as it is not tolerated in the site. I understand you're excited for the game obvoiusly. We all are but please be courteous to others. Thanks.

Daz
23rd Jun 2008, 10:02
Thanks for your answer! Hopefully I can actually get a CE down here. The only version of Anniversary for the PC that's available in stores at the moment is the CE, but I don't remember what was going on when it was actually released.

rabid metro
23rd Jun 2008, 15:06
3rd November 2008...

Chub, i get that large is your thing and all but maybe something a little more interesting and accomodating ...

Raid On!

hdx1000
24th Jun 2008, 09:53
Hi nightrain
Can you give me the system requirment of tomb raider underworld

:) :) :) :)

NightRain'06
24th Jun 2008, 20:49
First, welcome to the forums, hdx1000. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Again, right now, we still do not know the PC requirements.

As the months draw closer, and as news regarding this appears, I will provide the information in my first post. . :)

Abigor2
27th Jun 2008, 00:53
Hello from Barcelona!!

It is my first post here

Is it the same game for all the systems?

Which is the difference between PS2 version and Xbox360 version?

Thanks for your answers!!

Treeble
27th Jun 2008, 01:07
Several features of the new generation platforms will not be available on the PS2 version, and obviously graphics and physics will be very different -- though we don't know just yet how those will be on PS2.

You can read about the features on each of the platforms here (http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=9935). Hope it clarifies your doubts. :)

Devil666
30th Jun 2008, 12:51
It will be a great mistake not to make a PSP version of Underworld ... I still can't believe they don't think about that ...
The controls weren't that hard to figure out(for the previous versions) why not make one ...It should be for the fans, damn! They will make enough profit from PS3, PC and other versions ... I can't get it really :( I bought my psp only to play Lara everywhere I go ...... :( :( :( :mad2:

ConayR
30th Jun 2008, 13:01
I assume that CD are working on PS3/360 versions and Nixxes (http://www.nixxes.com/) is doing PC version/port. Who's responsible for PS2, Wii and DS versions then?

//edit
It's part of 2nd podcast: Wii/PS2 is done by Buzz Monkey Software (http://www.buzzmonkey.com/).

RoMaNtiZmA
30th Jun 2008, 17:22
WOWWWWWW:eek:

Singstar90210
30th Jun 2008, 20:51
It's great that they're releasing the game for PS2, but all of the good features are on the 360 and PS3 (including the pacify or kill option). I'm trying to get a 360 or a PS3 at an affordable price. Any good websites?

Rachie4294
6th Jul 2008, 02:40
So does that mean then, if Buzz Monkey Do the PS2 version, that we'll still have the same sort of engine as Anniversary/Legend? Or will it be a bit tuned up do you think?:scratch:

kitkatt13
6th Jul 2008, 19:10
Thanks for the thread!
So does that mean then, if Buzz Monkey Do the PS2 version, that we'll still have the same sort of engine as Anniversary/Legend? Or will it be a bit tuned up do you think?
It'll polly be a bit tuned up. I think. >.<

Rachie4294
6th Jul 2008, 23:56
Thanks for the thread!
So does that mean then, if Buzz Monkey Do the PS2 version, that we'll still have the same sort of engine as Anniversary/Legend? Or will it be a bit tuned up do you think?
It'll polly be a bit tuned up. I think. >.<

Aww. That sucks. I'll probably have to go buy a PS3 now, LOL

Athrix255
11th Jul 2008, 23:44
I'm cool with the release of the game on last gen consoles as long as it doesn't bog down the next gen/pc users :cool:

NightRain'06
13th Jul 2008, 21:16
maybe someone out there can share their experience.
this is what i got from a google search: PS3 problems (http://www.fixya.com/support/p201379-sony_playstation_3_console)

Rabid Metro ~

Maybe it's because I haven't had mine for long [ bought it last September when it was on a temporary sale ] or I just don't play games for long durations but I haven't had problems with the console.

The exception was Assassin's Creed's screen tearing, freezing during play and not loading occasionally but that was the game's fault though and the developer did release a patch for it but I never updated it.

Initially, I didn't want to endure another possible "Disc Read Error" message like PS2 so I refrained from playing those games. After about a month and a half had passed, I was over it and slowly played my PS2 collection. I have the 60GB that has Backwards Compatibility.

Before purchasing GTA IV, I read others in message boards and articles say the game gave them problems but currently I'm not having issues with either that or the console. The game's only 3 weeks old because I had no money to purchase it on release day. :)

feanor1999
13th Jul 2008, 22:00
Ayup All...

Because i'm worried about the same thing, and because i've just started to have laser probs with my PS1,&2, i registered with these guys to ask the question, but found them already addressed. try 'Overclockers Uk :HERE..

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/index.php

And just use the search facility for PS3 and Sony... Then you can make your mind up. TBH, for the 'Full-Flavoured' TRU, i might even consider a different platform that's a little more reliable. I want the PS3, but don't really want the hassle. Sony are apparently good and quick at replacing crap consoles, but it's not what we pays our money for is it?

BAD Sony ! :(

djumays
14th Jul 2008, 09:32
I loved TRA on PSP and i thawt it was great on the PSP CONSOLE.How come its not coming to the PSP?

lilhanhan
14th Jul 2008, 09:45
Hey, I'm glad that it's coming to PS2 because I can't afford a 360 or PS3 yet ^.^; , but I just have one question...

Like people have said the PS2 version is being done by Buzz Monkey Software, but does anyone think that in this version there's going to be any obvious white ledges which you have to climb like in legend and anniversary?

Don't get me wrong I liked Legend and Anniversary but I felt that you couldn't get lost because there was always a big white ledge in your face kinda telling you where to go...

(Oh, and hey I'm new to these forums... :o )

little miss Ju
15th Jul 2008, 15:04
Does PC count as a next gen console cause I read somewhere that the game was originally gonna be released for Wii, PS3, 360 and Pc ad someone else said that it was only for the next gen consoles, so im a tad confuzzled...:scratch:

marcosjimmy
15th Jul 2008, 16:42
My main reason for creating this thread is because I've recently seen people asking in their own threads of whichever version will be released scattered around in this and TR General Discussion forum. So instead of having a flood of threads, to put those people and pending newbies minds at ease, just to inform them, here's my thread.

** Please note the following. **
~ When news of more TRU ports and PC version requirements become available, I will post the information here.

:( Why don't PSP?!?!?!
PSP must have a port!!!!!!! PLEASE!

daygo
17th Jul 2008, 22:57
hi this is my first post. simple question, where can i find out the specs for underworld to play on my pc.

NightRain'06
18th Jul 2008, 04:03
Okay, let me say it here and again in the first post.

Right now, it's too early to :

2. Know what the PC requirements are.

AS SOON AS FURTHER NEWS REGARDING BOTH OF THESE SURFACE ON THE INTERNET, I WILL POST THE INFORMATION. HAVE SOME PATIENCE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

little miss Ju ~ Regarding your question of PC being considered "next generation" platform, since the hardware evolves pretty frequently, I do consider it that way as well. Think of the video cards, RAM memory capacity and everything else nowadays. Depending on how it's built or custom built, people could spend as little as maybe $1,000 and more.

;Marly
18th Jul 2008, 15:08
:eek: WHAT? IT DOESN'T COME ON PS2?

Look at http://tombraider.com/server.php?show=nav.331
It only says: XBOX360, PS3, WII, DS, PC. :confused:

Oh no! :mad2:

feanor1999
18th Jul 2008, 15:52
Ayup Dude...

Calm down.. it'll be on PS2...

;Marly
18th Jul 2008, 15:57
I hope so

little miss Ju
19th Jul 2008, 11:54
little miss Ju[/b] ~ Regarding your question of PC being considered "next generation" platform, since the hardware evolves pretty frequently, I do consider it that way as well. Think of the video cards, RAM memory capacity and everything else nowadays. Depending on how it's built or custom built, people could spend as little as maybe $1,000 and more.

OOOOOOOOOH thanks lol, but will there be the same moves for PC cause apparently PS2 isnt gonna have as many moves as the current gen platforms and I dont have one so I'll kinda be left in the dark about all the stuff she can do.

P.S. I really hope this game takes longer than a day to complete.

Rachie4294
20th Jul 2008, 05:08
I loved TRA on PSP and i thawt it was great on the PSP CONSOLE.How come its not coming to the PSP?

It may come out later - that means, after the offical release date.

Why i think that? Don't get me wrong, but i think everyone at Eidos, CD and BuzzMonkey area little tied up right now...

trlestew
23rd Jul 2008, 01:23
:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: is is true that the ps2 version is going to be cut of alot of features!?! i had a feeling this would happen, i was hoping the only thing they would change were the graphics, and i dont have money to buy a ps3, plus my pc probaly wont be able to handle this...

lilhanhan
23rd Jul 2008, 07:47
I think the only feature missing in the PS2 version is the ability to aim at two enemies...so don't worry... ^.^

drizzyman28
24th Jul 2008, 07:39
PSP version please!!!!

jakeomel
24th Jul 2008, 19:31

Dont threat about it. It will prob. be like Tr Legend were they waited a little to put it to nintendo councils. But it may be like the ps2 version. :(

gryffyth
25th Jul 2008, 14:39
The Mac-Raiding community has been going as long as the original game. Anniversary finally got ported to the Mac (and worked perfectly) earlier this year, though still no sign of Legend :(
Why oh why can't Edios get the game over to Feral or another Mac-adapter EARLY this time? I'm on an Intel Mac, which can run Windoze (if it absolutely has to), but I really don't want to have to pay for a new operating system just to get my Lara fix...
Dang, might have to get a PS console, I can't wait...:mad2:

WorldCroft
25th Jul 2008, 19:53
see website *********************** :nut:

thien_raider
26th Jul 2008, 15:11
:eek: WHAT? IT DOESN'T COME ON PS2?

Look at http://tombraider.com/server.php?show=nav.331
It only says: XBOX360, PS3, WII, DS, PC. :confused:

Oh no! :mad2:

Why they only says: "Xbox 360, PS3, WII,DS,PC" in the main website,what 's about Ps2 version?
Now i'm so confused, I only play Tomb raider on my ps2, my pc can't handle it, OH NO. IT'S SO SAD, I WANT TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD FOR PS2 VERSION:mad2:
NOW I'M CRYING:(

Treeble
26th Jul 2008, 15:58
Good god people, is this ever going to end? In that very link, scroll down a little bit and you'll see this impossible-to-miss release chart. The PS2 version will be released.

thien_raider
27th Jul 2008, 01:10
Good god people, is this ever going to end? In that very link, scroll down a little bit and you'll see this impossible-to-miss release chart. The PS2 version will be released.

So why the main website didn't write "PS2"? :confused:

Treeble
27th Jul 2008, 14:15
No idea, but it IS on the release chart.

rabid metro
28th Jul 2008, 02:06
So why the main website didn't write "PS2"?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/banner_default_imagemap.jpg
as of this moment, the default banner (see jpeg above) on the homepage says available platforms: PS3, X360, Wii, DS, PS2 and PC

thien_raider
28th Jul 2008, 10:33
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u151/rabidmetro/banner_default_imagemap.jpg
as of this moment, the default banner (see jpeg above) on the homepage says available platforms: PS3, X360, Wii, DS, PS2 and PC

OH, I bielive Eidos will keep their promise with fans, thanks Rapid Metro ;)) :)):D

Arctic
28th Jul 2008, 13:26
Yep. They've said it'll come out for PS2. So it better come out for PS2 :rasp:

rabid metro
29th Jul 2008, 04:35
OH, I bielive Eidos will keep their promise with fans ...

in this case, no doubt!
...it would also be nice to eventually hear news about PSP and Mac ports, and so on ...

matty
2nd Aug 2008, 16:37
:D :D :D :D :D i'm glad its coming on ps2 i thought that it might not:D :D :D :D :D

hard_boy
3rd Aug 2008, 04:08
sorry for my English, are an Italian boy.
tomb raider underworld, quit to psp?
be written in the table coming soon for psp.:confused: :confused:

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/384/99063048rb7.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=99063048rb7.jpg)

Treeble
3rd Aug 2008, 05:01
It's curious (and very annoying) this need of webmasters to tag any sort of images, but anyway. :rolleyes:

It has been officially announced for DS but there's nothing in the DS column; but there is a coming soon on the PSP column, so maybe it was just a mistake when putting the table together... but I am fairly sure a PSP version will be available sooner or later, too. :)

rabid metro
3rd Aug 2008, 07:33
... tomb raider underworld, quit to psp? ...

It hasn't been announced for the PSP yet.
This does not mean that it won't be announced for the PSP, eventually.

OoxshlezarxoO
3rd Aug 2008, 18:11
im gonna TRU on PS3 for my birthday which is 2 days after the game is released . yes, my bday is Nov. 23 :) so the release date is just perfect

thien_raider
4th Aug 2008, 07:04
im gonna TRU on PS3 for my birthday which is 2 days after the game is released . yes, my bday is Nov. 23 :) so the release date is just perfect

Me too, my birthday is Nov 23, I will buy TRU in my birthday:D

pedrofbsilva
5th Aug 2008, 06:46
I´m hoping it will run perfectly at 1080p on 37" screen. Tried Legend and anniversary and the frame rate is rather disapointing :(

skybluetopaz
5th Aug 2008, 16:40

yay! same my birthday is in november too :)

AngelDani23
6th Aug 2008, 10:34

:lol: my pc takes it fine. wot computer u got? vista xp 2000 even??

p.
6th Aug 2008, 17:59
it is with every game on the ps2 always the same. it always has been and it always will be. since the lounce from the first version of ps2 to the seceond was it the question of the games from ps1, the games that where playable on ps1 and 2, could come with ps2. thats also the reason why we all heave the same problem (if you arnt playing on your pc): WE CANT GET EVERY GAME FOR A SINGLE CONSOLE!!! if i want to play the second tombraider (wich i sertantly do as a fan) i cant get started without a ps1. and if its broken i cant play ever at all because the ps1's are out of sale... poof! another beautiful game lost in this fast moving playble world. (i still have all the data on my memorycards...:( )
so please ya'll out there, stand up for a tombraider all playable disc, playble on 1 console or maybe the console after that.
Hate it Hate it Hate it Hate it Hate it Hate it

David603
6th Aug 2008, 18:35
it is with every game on the ps2 always the same. it always has been and it always will be. since the lounce from the first version of ps2 to the seceond was it the question of the games from ps1, the games that where playable on ps1 and 2, could come with ps2. thats also the reason why we all heave the same problem (if you arnt playing on your pc): WE CANT GET EVERY GAME FOR A SINGLE CONSOLE!!! if i want to play the second tombraider (wich i sertantly do as a fan) i cant get started without a ps1. and if its broken i cant play ever at all because the ps1's are out of sale... poof! another beautiful game lost in this fast moving playble world. (i still have all the data on my memorycards...:( )
so please ya'll out there, stand up for a tombraider all playable disc, playble on 1 console or maybe the console after that.
If you want to play TR2 and you have the PS1 version of the game and the PS1 memory card with saves then just buy a PS2. Both your original game and game saves will work with the PS2 because it has full backwards compatibility with all PS1 games and accessaries.

Treeble
6th Aug 2008, 21:58

I am trying to make sense out of this, but I swear I'm failing at it. If the games were still being developed for PS1, as you wished, most of the gaming industry would be dead because everything the system could handle would already have been done, leaving room for nothing but cheap knock-offs the next game.

Treeble
8th Aug 2008, 16:28

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/384/99063048rb7.th.jpg (http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=99063048rb7.jpg)

It has been officially announced for DS but there's nothing in the DS column; but there is a coming soon on the PSP column, so maybe it was just a mistake when putting the table together...

I just checked tombraider.com and I guess it was a mistake, indeed. Nothing on the PSP column, a "coming soon" now on the DS column.

_blacky
14th Aug 2008, 00:06
Hm...
Im thinking system req. for PC
Can my X1650pro, 1gb and AMD 3000+ will handle it
If anywhone can recomended system spec. to play Underworld on high detail

rabid metro
15th Aug 2008, 07:39
PC specs simply haven't been announced at this time ...

stay tuned, it'll be posted here when it comes.

lokkizzle
17th Aug 2008, 19:55
TRU on the first day.
im waiting outside bestbuy with a bunch of freinds for it on nov. 18
its gunna be the best game ever.
getting it for the ps3 and PC.
my PSN name is lokkizzle so if anyone has a ps3 add me up

Devil666
27th Aug 2008, 11:07
They simply cannot make that mistake to put TRU on DS(comparing the screens only) and not make a version for the precious PSP ... It's simply not good ...
I'm going to explode if there's no PSP version! Whenever it comes out .. There just SHOULD be one! :)))

raekerdeinver
28th Aug 2008, 10:08
Can I play it to my PSP??? I hope it will be out for PSP...

Angie Croft
28th Aug 2008, 12:28
Thank you very much!!! It's nice to know I can play it on my PS2 :)

CappuccinO
29th Aug 2008, 00:27
Tomb Raider Legends wasn't that great on PSP... but almost every issue that game had was expertly addressed on Tomb Raider Anniversary. TRA's controls were spot-on IMO, and the game's graphical performance was quite respectable :eek:

Now, since developers are authorized to use the PSP's full 333Mhz, I think a TR PSP game would be better than ever. So I'd be mega-happy if they decide to release TRU on my portable of choice.

... In fact, I guess most older TR fans' portable of choice is indeed, the PSP :)

Devil666
29th Aug 2008, 13:00
TRL controls sucked for PSP, yes, but TRA were great! And I think TRU will be best for PSP .... I WANT it! :)

Angus
2nd Sep 2008, 13:43
sorry for my English, are an Italian boy.
tomb raider underworld, quit to psp?

Believe it or not, I bought a PSP because I saw this. Can't believe they changed it. Anyway, I'm sure they will release it on PSP.

Oh well, at least I enjoyed playing TRA on PSP.

italibabee
4th Sep 2008, 05:23
omg while i was watching G4 the game thing and they were saying wut systems it was going to be on....they didnt say PS2 till like the last one and i was ong thank god! i was getting worried there...lol:D

jakeyboy1993
5th Sep 2008, 19:37
man i am so glad it's coming out for PS2 thats great news i mean not everyone can afford a ps3 as soon as it comes out but man i cant wait so i have beaten all of the games from ps1 to ps2 so tell me i was looking on gamestop.com and it say the version for ps2 wont come out to december 8th is that true or what....:scratch: :scratch:

lara-supreme
18th Sep 2008, 01:33
I read through the posts but did not see it. Does anyone know if gametap will be offering tomb raider underworld as one of the games you can play if you have a membership?

NightRain'06
19th Sep 2008, 02:43
My guess would be maybe after the game has been released for a little while.

If I remember correctly, they offered Legend after a few weeks of its release or a few days after release. Probably was the same for Anniversary.

Rachie4294
19th Sep 2008, 22:15
Hi guys.

I just recently recived an Email from EB Games, and this came with it;

http://i36.tinypic.com/35mik9w.jpg

How exciting?! :D

Jordan21
22nd Sep 2008, 15:27
I just hope there will be a Special Edition of TR:U for the PC. I think of things like a poster, a book wich shows the developers work from the start till the end, a concept art book, a CD with the Soundtrack, a DVD with Bonus features (Making of etc.), Fancy packaging:), or even a T-Shirt, or (VERY COOL): a Lara Croft figure!

Wouldn't that be great? Hope that there will be a Special Edition!

UMIST_For_Ever
22nd Sep 2008, 21:32
I know that the Wii is considered to be in one of the two camps (2nd gen or 3rd Gen) but has anyone noticed how the graphics have stayed pretty much fixed on the Wii rather than pushing the console to work harder?

Russian_Larica_Croft
4th Oct 2008, 09:08
Will TRU be for PSP ??:scratch:

LaraCruz
4th Oct 2008, 15:48
Anyone getting it for P.S.3???:confused:

dave15
5th Oct 2008, 09:35
hi read on other sites that TRU is being released on psp is this true

Sina_Croft
5th Oct 2008, 16:01
hi read on other sites that TRU is being released on psp is this true

on the official site it says nooooo

look at the end of the site ;)
Click mii :p (http://tombraider.com/server.php?action=setCountry&country=Europe&countryCode=en-GB&outputLang=)

dark_angel_7
6th Oct 2008, 07:51
This game is also coming on Mobile via EA :)

lara-supreme
6th Oct 2008, 23:00
Is this appropriate thread to ask what the difference will be between the different versions of the game? I mean as far as graphics, extras....?

josh1122
6th Oct 2008, 23:21
Is this appropriate thread to ask what the difference will be between the different versions of the game? I mean as far as graphics, extras....?

as far as graphics concerned if your talking about 360 compared to PS3, they will be near identical

Tomb_Raiderx
8th Oct 2008, 01:16
as far as graphics concerned if your talking about 360 compared to PS3, they will be near identical

They are identical.:D :thumbsup:

lara-supreme
9th Oct 2008, 00:02
I guess we won't know much about the wii which will be my platform of choice (or more out of necessity, since my i know my PC will not be able to handle it since it could not handle Anniversary).

mushroom079
9th Oct 2008, 08:26
I pre-ordered my XB360 version from EBGAMES today. I was "told" it would be the out the 27th! I quoted him the 21st - it was what his computer said - and he said it could have been pushed back!
:mad2:

(Aus NSW)

KriiS
9th Oct 2008, 20:30
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ???????????????

SHAME ON YOU EIDOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the WORST in this f***ing life is that i'm gonna to buy this ******* GAME on PS3 because I LOVE Tomb Raider from the FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damned !!!!!!!

SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NightRain'06
17th Oct 2008, 03:45
mushroom079 and Kris ~

IF it's delayed, that's not so bad.

Remember when GTA IV was supposed to be out around November 2007 and it was delayed until April 2008 ?

Take that into consideration and calm down. :)

Greenas
18th Oct 2008, 12:50
If it's delayed for a few days that's alright but if it is for any longer ::mad2:

Astara
18th Oct 2008, 23:46
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ???????????????

SHAME ON YOU EIDOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the WORST in this f***ing life is that i'm gonna to buy this ******* GAME on PS3 because I LOVE Tomb Raider from the FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damned !!!!!!!!

-------

Wasn't the 1st Tomb Raider available on the PC? If that's true, this exclusive Xbox360 stuff is really a slap in the face for earlier fans. But I'm *strongly* guessing that the exclusive content on Xbox360, was bought and paid for by Microsoft. At the very least it's obviously done under contract so MS can sell more 360 consoles by Xmas. Yeah, it's a pretty slimey technique -- but if MS offered you 100 million to develop a 360-only addon, wouldn't you do it (don't know price, but the point it if you'd do it for 100 million, then it's just a matter of discussing what price you will settle for to alienate your original base).

Capitalism -- he who owns the gold makes the rules (and buys the government, usually).

Really not so smart of MS to handicap their "Games for Windows" platform -- but they must want to force people to use the Xbox-Life stuff...get their "foot in the door", so they can make sure they have the option to sell to gamers direct -- with no retailers in the pipe -- pure M$-Profit (but hey, when you are a monopoly in the PC world, you have a bit of cash to through around)...

Indiana Croft
20th Oct 2008, 09:04
mushroom079 and Kris ~

Remember when GTA IV was supposed to be out around November 2007 and it was delayed until April 2008 ?

Just wanted to remember everyone that the blog on tr.com says the game is in submission for approval in these present hours...So, the code it's done and the game is virtually ready to be printed and published. Just read Lindstrom's blog on tombraider.com.

The 27th that's been told to our fellow raider :) was probably due to possible delays on the shipping of the game. I'll give you an example, just to be clear...Here in Italy, Tomb Raider Anniversary was scheduled to be released May 25th but we couldn't have it until June 1st because of some trouble on the distribution. It's quite obvious that stores, when accepting pre - orders, are taking a larger amount of time to guarantee the physical presence of the game in the store - even when it's online, since there's some kind of store even behind play.com, gamestop or stuff like that.

Do you really think if the game was such posticipated we wouldn't have already known it through an official statement by Eidos and Crystal?

Also, I repeat, Eric Lindstrom says in his blog the game is ready to be printed and in these hours is being tested on all the consoles to check for the first time if everything works on every support...So, don't worry, we'll have the game on a few weeks. :cool:

Indiana Croft
20th Oct 2008, 09:14
But I'm *strongly* guessing that the exclusive content on Xbox360, was bought and paid for by Microsoft.

It's been also told a lot of times that Eidos didn't approach Microsoft to sell the DLC's...it was Microsoft making an offer to have them - offer accepted by Eidos just because of some natural market rules...C'mon guys, Lara isn't just a bunch of fun...it's circulating money and we wouldn't be able to still play Tomb Raider if Eidos didn't take the brand away from Core Design to give it to Crystal.

So the only supposed preference for Microsoft is just due to the fact that Sony wasn't probably too interested in TRU and didn't move quickly enough to get them...At least, this is what I know and this is what makes more sense to me. If you're quick enough you get the extras.

Really, I don't know why Sony, who sold a lot of PSx's with Lara, isn't making enough effort to get some bonus or extras. Maybe they're not interested and, as usual, they think they will keep on selling their PS3's even without the support of Lara. I read once that their objective was to keep the price blocked and focus on the expansions for the console...yeah, nice...but you forget that in the meanwhile people who wants to play games get the 360...Anyway, it's a long discussion I read somewhere else, here, so I won't go off topic.

NightRain'06
20th Oct 2008, 22:57
Just wanted to remember everyone that the blog on tr.com says the game is in submission for approval in these present hours...So, the code it's done and the game is virtually ready to be printed and published. Just read Lindstrom's blog on tombraider.com.

The 27th that's been told to our fellow raider :) was probably due to possible delays on the shipping of the game. I'll give you an example, just to be clear...Here in Italy, Tomb Raider Anniversary was scheduled to be released May 25th but we couldn't have it until June 1st because of some trouble on the distribution. It's quite obvious that stores, when accepting pre - orders, are taking a larger amount of time to guarantee the physical presence of the game in the store - even when it's online, since there's some kind of store even behind play.com, gamestop or stuff like that.

Do you really think if the game was such posticipated we wouldn't have already known it through an official statement by Eidos and Crystal?

Also, I repeat, Eric Lindstrom says in his blog the game is ready to be printed and in these hours is being tested on all the consoles to check for the first time if everything works on every support...So, don't worry, we'll have the game on a few weeks. :cool:

I'm already aware that Eidos and Crystal Dynamics will keep the release dates as they have been with the previous 2 TR games and pretty much everything else that was published by Eidos. They're one of the rare companies I don't worry about.

However, other companies in the past few years have been playing the 'delay game' for lack of better terms and I understand their reasons as far as final quality testing, etc. Still, it was frustrating a little when Metal Gear Solid 4 was even delayed for somewhat significant months. They should not have mentioned the initial date if they knew as that date drew closer, they weren't completely done, you know ? But with MGS 4, it was all worth it in the end and I had fun.

What you said could be possible since, overall, retailers accept numerous pre-orders for all games, those pre-orders can't be filled to a certain extent until the following shipments and that's where the waiting lies. I understand what you meant.

For me, I have never pre-ordered any game because at where I shop they always have an abundance of it on release day and most of the time I do purchase them on the dates.

In the past, I think there were two games that I wasn't able to get on release days because I purposely went in the morning and was told they haven't received the first shipment. So they were waiting for it to arrive that afternoon. Therefore, I bought them the following day.

Alex_TRlc
21st Oct 2008, 03:59
Hello

Why the game is more expensive for PS3 and Xbox 360???? I planed to played in PC!!!

the diference is the quality of the game :mad2: ?
becouse if im rigth, i have to buy a PS3 rigth now

NightRain'06
21st Oct 2008, 05:30
Welcome, Alex_TRlc. Hopefully I won't confuse you and answer your question since I do tend to post long messages sometimes.

Due to the hardware technology in each console utilized to develop the games, they must invest more money and spend more time too. In an article I read long time ago, it's comparable to development of a blockbuster movie. Therefore, to regain the profit from consumers, the game prices for current gen consoles PS3 and XBox 360 are higher than other versions.

Not only do developers get a percentage cut of the profits, every other general team that was associated with the game's production must get that cut as well. I remember seeing a basic pie chart of how it's divided. Sadly I can't find it.

I don't know why PC versions are inexpensive though. Even though people do say those are far superior than consoles because of its requirements to play. If you have a system that exceeds a game's requirements [ which is still unknown for TRU at this point ] then you should have no problems. Then again, sometimes people do experience problems so it's a gamble. The Wii and PS2 consoles are somewhat limited as far as their hardware and therefore saves developers money to a certain extent.

Think about the old games like Super Mario Brothers and such. Yes, they obviously spent money that was possibly immense at that time. But now, because numerous companies and numerous game technologies are developed, shared, bought, and constantly evolving, they have no choice but to increase the price for current gen consoles. Again, developers want people to be engaged [ or at least attempt ] into the story and characters like a movie so that requires a lot of time and care.

If I recall correctly, in order for a game to have return profits for developers, etc, it must sell in the minimum 3 million unit copies. That's why a while back Devil May Cry 4 went multi-platform because they knew 360 has a larger consumer base than PS3 otherwise it would not have done as well only on PS3.

I remember when I bought Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Eternal Champions [ fighting game ] and The Adventures of Batman and Robin on Sega Genesis console. They were $60 dollars each and I was stunned. I believe they were around $15 dollars more than other normally priced Genesis games like Sonic the Hedgehog.

mushroom079
21st Oct 2008, 06:53
mushroom079 and Kris ~

I UNDERSTAND IT COULD BE WORSE - but how would you like to be busting for a pee and the only loo close is the one I have the key for?
Everyone else has a key - but you....!

Thats the kind of feeling I get when everyone in other countries get "stuff" before we do in Aus.
I hate knowing i am spending the same money - if not more - and have to wait!

MissJaneJones
25th Oct 2008, 09:52
:confused: How about a TRU version for Mac? :scratch:

Does anybody have some info about upcoming intentions?

For those still asking ~ Right now, it's too early to:

Therefore, as soon as further official news regarding this surface from the Internet, I will post the information here. Have some patience.

2. Official PC System Requirements Revealed !! (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=81348) ~10.23.08

--------------------
'cause Mac users like gaming, too. :thumbsup:

Basteth
2nd Nov 2008, 11:33
I don't understand...why not PSP version?:mad2:

MissJaneJones
2nd Nov 2008, 18:29
:confused: 'cause I don't like to carry along much stuff. Just my Mac and iPod - thats enough. And: Mac users like to game too. Are there any Mac users out there? Hello? :scratch:

Commander92
4th Nov 2008, 14:17
A PSP release is a must-have for all TR fans out there with PSPs! Its ok with me if its released later, though.

pierce8861
5th Nov 2008, 12:00
I have a question, would it be that the date November 21,2008 be the release date of our much awaited TRU on all platforms. I was thinking that maybe other platforms may have different release dates. Please Reply!!! :rolleyes:

NightRain'06
6th Nov 2008, 07:51
According to Eidos Announces North American [ and European ] Ship Date for 'Tomb Raider: Underworld' (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=78239) thread, these platform versions mentioned will be available at the dates specified.

As for further possible ported versions like PSP and Mac, don't be surprised if they are released later on.
There is still no disclosed news about either these ports or their release dates.

TombStar
8th Nov 2008, 23:52
Wow,on Nintendo DS that's quite nice,I may be playing on PS2 and DS since I have both.

digifan
12th Nov 2008, 06:18
A PSP release is a must-have for all TR fans out there with PSPs! Its ok with me if its released later, though.

Not me! :rasp: IMO the PSP versions of Legend and Anniversary were missing the essential second joystick control and shoulder buttons that made TRL and TRA quite enjoyable on the consoles. Frankly I liked the Mac version of TRA better than the PC version. I hope we will get a Mac version of this game as well. I think the Wii version will make this game as unique as TRA. Either way we must wait and see. :thumbsup:

NightRain'06
12th Nov 2008, 17:37
Digifan ~ I like Sony, but in truth and I'm sure you and pretty much many others know, they've been messing up with their console [ PSP, PS3 ] development for this game generation.

I don't have a PSP but I agree with you regarding its design. Someone must've dropped the ball and "forgot" to add the right analog stick / knob. Well, looks more like a knob judging by what people have said in PSP reviews about the main left one. I thought for the new 3000 model version they actually would be able to have real analog sticks. I wonder why they still didn't notice this or in the least bothered to add another knob. How difficult is that ? :scratch:

Personally, for the PS3, I wished it had 1GB of RAM since it was released one year after 360. At that time, since PC's and Macs had begun to gradually have that amount, I just don't understand why the PS3 couldn't have that as well. Sure it might be because they were more concerned with being cost-effective and refrained from doing so. However, I hate the fact that while playing GTA IV and MGS4, when there are many things occurring, the games stutter and there's frame drop issues. They still were playable but the issues get annoying.

Then again, if it had that amount of RAM, the PS3 version of games will probably feel gimped at its early life cycle for multi-platform games. But for its later life cycle, the games could run better / smoother even with enormous activity because would 1GB provides developers to do more and they would increase the use of PS3's hardware.

Hopefully, they'll learn from their mistakes and provide gamers better quality on their next iteration of PSP and PS consoles. :rolleyes: