PDA

View Full Version : restart when shooting

Gilbert
19th Apr 2008, 05:30
i got a weird problem here. everytime when i went in battle, either naval or land, as soon as any unit begin to shoot, such as fleet or musketer shooting, my computer would automatically restart.

i checked all the related FAQ info, finding a guy with same problem. he solved this problem by closing FAST WRITE option and set the AGT speed from 8X to 4X. but to me, i cannot use this solution coz my graphic card is PCI-E, there is no such options in configuration.

WHAT CAN I DO?

btw, my computer's info
cpu: 4.0G
memory: 2G
graphic card: ATI X800 PCI-E
system: windows xp sp2

Mike_B
19th Apr 2008, 08:22
I may have to do with your computer overheating and in return your pc restarting. I'm pretty sure there should be more posts about it here somewhere. But for starters you might want to see if it helps if you play with your pc case open.

Also go to My computer/properties/advanced start & restart options (or something like that) and uncheck "automatically restart my computer".

Gilbert
20th Apr 2008, 07:36
I may have to do with your computer overheating and in return your pc restarting. I'm pretty sure there should be more posts about it here somewhere. But for starters you might want to see if it helps if you play with your pc case open.

Also go to My computer/properties/advanced start & restart options (or something like that) and uncheck "automatically restart my computer".

thx for ur quick reply, but i dont think this is an overheat problem. compare these two actual situations

1. playing this game for more than 5 hours. if i don't enter the battle interface and no troops shooting, everything goes perfectly, as if i can play as long as i like.

2. just start the computer, then play the game, enter the battle mode and some troops begin to shoot. CRACK! computer automatically restarts, just the exact moment when someone shoots the first fire.

i met both situations above, so i donot think it is an overheat problem.

btw, this game is a somewhat old game and my computer can play games like MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR or other new released game very well, so i donot think this is a hardware problem. i heard that this game doesnot support ATI graphic card well, is that TRUE?

thx again for ur reply.

Starmatske
14th Jun 2008, 15:08
again, I think the problem lies with the videocard, update your video card driver and you should be fine