PDA

View Full Version : STORE Warbow = Strongbow?

Oroibahazopi
20th Dec 2013, 20:03
Someone in your media department been drinking too much cider?

blincoln
21st Dec 2013, 22:00
It's not a mistake in the text, you've just accidentally discovered a couple of the new items they're working on for the beta version. I hear it's an official tie-in as a secondary source of funding.

http://www.thelostworlds.net/Strongbow.JPG

lucinvampire
21st Dec 2013, 22:22

:lmao: priceless...well technically not because it costs 400 gold ;)

Oroibahazopi
21st Dec 2013, 22:24
I died.

Don't know whether to laugh or be horrified at the prospect.

Seems a bit on the cheap side for such a great weapon though ^^

ZangarftheWrassler
21st Dec 2013, 22:58
This is a joke, right?

RainaAudron
21st Dec 2013, 23:14
mwhahahaha :D

Tube_Reaver
21st Dec 2013, 23:44
I think the Legacy of Kain series would have been a completely different story if Raziel were cast into an Abyss of Strongbow dark fruit

Raziel finally making his way out of the abyss after centuries spent in a drunken stupor, and back to Kain's throne room.
"Duuuuuudes! Guess who's back! It's Raz the Spaz!

You guys totally won't believe what happened to me... met this totally rad dude called Elder Sod, and he was all like "Wheel of Fortune" and stuff, and I travelled through time... all back to the future like! Don't really remember much else was all a blur really. But he's an awesome bro. Also he said I now eat SOULS! How cool is that!

Yo Kain my main man... vamp, no hard feels... best... *mumble* centuries I ever spent. No worse for wear... bit hungover though... think am gonna puke"

Kain sighs and face-palms.
"Toss him back in, hopefully this time he won't make it back"

lucinvampire
22nd Dec 2013, 12:46
Tube forget about DS reboot this is so going to be the reboot if they ever did one :lol: would bring a fresh approach to the series - raz with a toxic vomit ability - awesome hahaha

Tube_Reaver
22nd Dec 2013, 13:04
Tube forget about DS reboot this is so going to be the reboot if they ever did one :lol: would bring a fresh approach to the series - raz with a toxic vomit ability - awesome hahaha

Who needs a wraith blade when you have toxic puke?

RainaAudron
22nd Dec 2013, 16:17
Good one, Tube Reaver xDDD

Tube_Reaver
22nd Dec 2013, 16:57
Good one, Tube Reaver xDDD

Cheers :D
And of course in said remake, the main weapon would be the Tube Reaver, and not the Soul Reaver.

lucinvampire
22nd Dec 2013, 23:12
After close examination today the IG exchange rate makes this item a bargain...I would highly recommend purchasing it there rather than in your local supermarket - but you must be over 18...or 21 in the US?...

And of course in said remake, the main weapon would be the Tube Reaver, and not the Soul Reaver.

Yes I completely agree :D
...there is nothing quite like running around with an empty wrapping paper tube shouting "fear the tube" :D

Tube_Reaver
22nd Dec 2013, 23:19
Frankly this bow is obviously underpowered, however dealing 500 damage worth of Delicious Blackcurrants more than warrants purchasing this bow permanently.

Yes I completely agree :D
...there is nothing quite like running around with an empty wrapping paper tube shouting "fear the tube" :D

Poor Sarafan never knew what hit them... I don't think they had cardboard tubes in Nosgoth :D

Sarafan: What manner of Sorcery is this?! Damn vampire and his hellspawn weapons!

Kain: Lolololol FEAR THE TUBE -whack thud boink and bonk for good measure-

blincoln
23rd Dec 2013, 15:00
After close examination today the IG exchange rate makes this item a bargain...I would highly recommend purchasing it there rather than in your local supermarket - but you must be over 18...or 21 in the US?...

Sadly, Strongbow Dark Fruit isn't available at any store in the US. The only way to obtain it here at the moment is to bring it into the country in one's luggage after a trip to the UK. Hopefully Psyonix will remove the region-locking on the in-game item so that at least my characters can obtain it more easily.

hirukaru
24th Dec 2013, 11:06
TO,

Did you read:
http://www.nosgoth.com/nda

You posted a screenshot online.
You are breaking the NDA by doing so.

Just to let you know.

RainaAudron
24th Dec 2013, 12:23
Ehm, Hiru, you do see that both me and Lucy posted in here, so why did you report this? It is in the private Alpha section after all, so nobody besides the alpha players has access.

The_Hylden
24th Dec 2013, 14:28
blincoln is the webmaster of the site he's hosting this on and it's on his private server. Only he and those here in the Alpha section have access to these image links, so this is perfectly fine :)

hirukaru
26th Dec 2013, 15:27
This is due to the fact that someone els that also made a screenshot and posted it here (also secure post)
Was asked to remove it cause links can be copied and pasted.

But oow why do I care right :)

(PS: everything ont he internet can be found or leaked)

blincoln
26th Dec 2013, 23:03
My reasoning was pretty similar to what The_Hylden posted:

- This is private forum. Nothing is being disclosed to anyone who hasn't seen it already. Since it is a non-disclosure agreement, I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was fine. I've posted partial screenshots in other threads as evidence of bugs, for example. If someone else where to download it and post it or the direct link elsewhere, I would see that as being equivalent to them taking their own screenshot and posting that.
- Everything in the screenshot (image-wise) has been shown publicly already (e.g. the weapon images, the logo, etc.), so it doesn't reveal anything new.
- It's been Photoshopped, so it's not a reliable indication of anything in the game anyway.

If anyone from Psyonix or Square-Enix considers it inappropriate, though, of course I would remove it and not post anything similar again. I'm sure it's yielded any laughs it's ever likely to at this point, so its mission is already accomplished.

hirukaru
27th Dec 2013, 01:39
Blincoln I really don't care if you post it.
Share it or what happens to the screenshot.

I only stated that you have to consider the NDA. But the JUnior mods and Hylden accept it so no need to worry.

Monkeythumbz
7th Jan 2014, 13:24
It's not a mistake in the text, you've just accidentally discovered a couple of the new items they're working on for the beta version. I hear it's an official tie-in as a secondary source of funding.

This is BRILLIANT! Nice one, Ben!!

blincoln
9th Jan 2014, 05:06
Thank you, George :).

It could probably never happen, but think of the possibilities from both sides of such a cross-marketing effort. "Buying Dark Fruit earns you Dark Gifts", and so on.