PDA

View Full Version : FPS drop on certain parts of the map

Tube_Reaver
20th Dec 2013, 19:30
Hi,

as stated in the title, for some reason on this map alone and particularly only when playing as a sentinel, my FPS seems to literally tank, and the game pretty much freezes for a few seconds.

I can't recall all the areas on the map, but one is the little building in the very corner of the map, with 3 entrances and a missing patch in the roof, and a health station right in front of the building, along with another station further ahead at the archways.

Now my fps really takes a hit just outside this building, particularly right outside the lone entrance.

As for my computer specs

Processor: Intel i5-3570k (3.40GHz)
GPU: Nvidia 550ti
Ram: 8GB

Again just to note, I have no issues on any other map, or on this map when playing humans or any other vampire class.

Psyonix_Eric
20th Dec 2013, 19:36
We haven't had a chance to fully optimize this one the way we did other maps so this isn't unexpected (though I still had my fingers crossed it would be ok). I know the area you're talking about and what might be causing it - we've got some dynamic cloth in various places of the map that react to things like explosions. It provides for a cool effect but I do have concerns about the performance overhead on it. We'll keep working to optimize things. Thanks for letting us know.

Tube_Reaver
22nd Dec 2013, 17:38
We haven't had a chance to fully optimize this one the way we did other maps so this isn't unexpected (though I still had my fingers crossed it would be ok). I know the area you're talking about and what might be causing it - we've got some dynamic cloth in various places of the map that react to things like explosions. It provides for a cool effect but I do have concerns about the performance overhead on it. We'll keep working to optimize things. Thanks for letting us know.

Ah awesome, I think you should keep such effects.
Would you like me to see if I can help optimise? When the servers come back up, should I change any of my graphics settings when playing Sommerdamm?
Currently I am playing with everything set to the highest possible.

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Dec 2013, 06:31
Ah awesome, I think you should keep such effects.
Would you like me to see if I can help optimise? When the servers come back up, should I change any of my graphics settings when playing Sommerdamm?
Currently I am playing with everything set to the highest possible.

Since this is one of those known issues (the map being less optimized than previous ones) I'd hate to feel like I'm asking you to waste your time on something I know we need to fix anyways. I'd much rather you just keep playing and see if you can find those rare, obscure bugs that only come out from people doing things we never thought they'd try to do. I appreciate it though. :)

cmstache
23rd Dec 2013, 14:18
Maybe a dynamic cloth-like option in the settings?

Tube_Reaver
12th Jan 2014, 20:04
I would just like to inform Psyonix that after turning off the APEX cloth option, the issue has been resolved.
With Apex cloth ON, it was getting insane my whole PC was literally tanking.

cmstache
12th Jan 2014, 21:52
Turning the V-sync off bumped my FPS up by about 10

Tube_Reaver
12th Jan 2014, 22:06
I think mine is off as well, I don't tend to turn it on, unless I am for some reason toying with Virtu MVP and it's Hyperperformance and Virtual V-sync