PDA

View Full Version : Video lag

Sionnan
18th Apr 2008, 04:31
My issue is this: when I start up the game, it runs smoothly. And it loads fairly quickly, too. However, as soon as I get to the beginning cutscene, the video starts to lag horribly. The sound plays at a normal clip, out pacing the video.

The gameplay itself lags somewhat, occasionally freezing for a few seconds before continuing. It's overall pretty slow.

I've checked the other threads, and the suggestions didn't work for me, like unplugging the keyboard.

What I've got is Vista 32, nVidia 6150, AMD Sempron 3600, and roundabouts of 2G RAM.

chip5541
18th Apr 2008, 14:06
Have you tried lowering the acceleration on your audio?

Sionnan
18th Apr 2008, 15:36
At the risk of sounding ignorant, how might I do this?

plEEk
18th Apr 2008, 20:35
At the risk of sounding bitter , you shouldn't have bought this game :whistle:

Sionnan
19th Apr 2008, 00:13
Uhhhh.....

Unless you're bitter about your own game not working, I'm not sure bitter is the word you were looking for. :/ And I'm beginning to regret getting a game I haven't been able to play, yes.

Mike_B
19th Apr 2008, 08:25
start/run dxdiag go to the sound tab and you'll see a slider for hardware acceleration.

Sionnan
19th Apr 2008, 15:48
There is no slider under the sound tab, so I'm assuming there is no hardware acceleration. This may have to do with the fact Vista doesn't support it.

Is there another way I could regulate this?

just_not_right
20th Apr 2008, 00:11
My issue is this: when I start up the game, it runs smoothly. And it loads fairly quickly, too. However, as soon as I get to the beginning cutscene, the video starts to lag horribly. The sound plays at a normal clip, out pacing the video.

The gameplay itself lags somewhat, occasionally freezing for a few seconds before continuing. It's overall pretty slow.

I've checked the other threads, and the suggestions didn't work for me, like unplugging the keyboard.

What I've got is Vista 32, nVidia 6150, AMD Sempron 3600, and roundabouts of 2G RAM.

First, I guess you have a retail-bought computer and not a customized computer (6150 is an integrated video card).

Second, your specs do not meet the system requirements stated at the back of the game (Athlon XP 1800+ or better, nvidia 6600 or better).

So, unless you upgrade your computer or get a better one, there is no chance you'll see better framerate with your current specs.

Sionnan
21st Apr 2008, 21:58
So it is just the crappy comp.

Alright, thank you.

Kneo24
21st Apr 2008, 22:28
If you look on http://www.newegg.com (assuming you live in the U.S.), you can buy a suitable video card for anywhere from $50 to $100. If you don't do a lot of gaming, those cards will be more than adequate for your needs.

Sionnan
22nd Apr 2008, 02:51
Thanks for the link. I actually did end up buying a new video card from that site, specifically for this game. A nVidia 7200. It ended up killing my old comp, which would have been suitable to run it in the first place. So, yeah. Irony's on me.