PDA

View Full Version : Computer people

Larahair
15th Apr 2008, 22:43
How easy is it to play tr on computer I have always played on ps2 but now I have a new computer and it makes my tv look like crap so I want the best for Underworld and maybe I should get it on pc. I know on my new computer it would look cool and Lara deserves to look her best.:D

Tomb-Dude
15th Apr 2008, 22:57
I am currently (for first time) playing TR:A on PC and i am finding it REALLY easy! Everyone complained about the controls (most people i mean) but i find them REALLY easy to get use to. I mainly play games on ps2 but i am getting underworld for PS2 and PC.
I played Legend on PC found that really easy to play and Anniversary. But i'm a quick learner to things like that. But try it out with like a cheep version of Legend or Anniversary before you get Underworld and see what you think.

I got legend for £9:99 and Anniversary for £12:99 :D on PC

Larahair
15th Apr 2008, 23:02
I am currently (for first time) playing TR:A on PC and i am finding it REALLY easy! Everyone complained about the controls (most people i mean) but i find them REALLY easy to get use to. I mainly play games on ps2 but i am getting underworld for PS2 and PC.
I played Legend on PC found that really easy to play and Anniversary. But i'm a quick learner to things like that. But try it out with like a cheep version of Legend or Anniversary before you get Underworld and see what you think.

I got legend for £9:99 and Anniversary for £12:99 :D on PCThanks man.

Tomb-Dude
15th Apr 2008, 23:03
Thanks man.

That's alright. Glad i could help, sorta? lol

TDK
16th Apr 2008, 10:12
i played all the TR on pc and now im playing TR:AOD and L and A on pc and yup it so easy to play it

Mangar The Dark
16th Apr 2008, 12:26
I've played every TR on the PC, except Legend, which I got for the Xbox because my PC wasn't working right at the time. Playing TRA on the PC with the keyboard and mouse is really no problem at all, and if you DO find it difficult, you can always get a 360 gamepad, and then it will control exactly like a console version, anyway. And, of course, the advantage to getting the PC version is you get more access to mods and whatnot.

mimi90
18th Apr 2008, 14:31
I've played every TR on the PC, except Legend, which I got for the Xbox because my PC wasn't working right at the time. Playing TRA on the PC with the keyboard and mouse is really no problem at all, and if you DO find it difficult, you can always get a 360 gamepad, and then it will control exactly like a console version, anyway. And, of course, the advantage to getting the PC version is you get more access to mods and whatnot.

it is easy to play on pc once you get used to the controls... but if you're not usd to this or a 360 controller, there is a usb adapter you can buy for your computer( shouldn't be too expensive) that plugs in a ps2 controller.

Lo
22nd Apr 2008, 10:11
It largely depends on what you are accustomed to I suppose. :)

I've always played on the PC and yep, I am one of those that finds the newer games more difficult on PC but the older games easy. I'm a two-finger typist though so have to look at the keyboard frequently to find the 'G', 'H' and 'E' keys. None of these keys were needed in old-skool games. Most keys were close by and didn't require me to look away from the screen.

Again, having to also press 'G' repeatedly to fire one round at a time was troublesome and tiresome. My hand was quite literally seizing up fighting the T-Rex. :nut:

uzigirl
28th Apr 2008, 12:01
PS2 player here too and when I bought the games for the PC too I just couldn't get into the controls until I picked up a PC joypad. Now I just need a new PC. :whistle: :)

Mangar The Dark
28th Apr 2008, 13:16
It largely depends on what you are accustomed to I suppose. :)

I've always played on the PC and yep, I am one of those that finds the newer games more difficult on PC but the older games easy. I'm a two-finger typist though so have to look at the keyboard frequently to find the 'G', 'H' and 'E' keys. None of these keys were needed in old-skool games. Most keys were close by and didn't require me to look away from the screen.

Again, having to also press 'G' repeatedly to fire one round at a time was troublesome and tiresome. My hand was quite literally seizing up fighting the T-Rex. :nut:

You do know that you can reconfigure the controls, right? (I don't remember clearly at the moment, but I think the option is available from the main menu screen.) So you can set it for whatever is comfortable for you. Also, doesn't the mouse button control shooting? I don't think I ever used "G" to shoot.

NightRain'06
8th May 2008, 22:25
How easy is it to play tr on computer I have always played on ps2 but now I have a new computer and it makes my tv look like crap so I want the best for Underworld and maybe I should get it on pc. I know on my new computer it would look cool and Lara deserves to look her best.:D

You could use the keyboard and mouse but if you're already familiar with the PS2 controller feel to the game, just purchase one for your PC.

I have not yet bought a controller myself for Legend and Anniversary PC versions because I've started TR III (my first TR) on PC. So I'm comfortable with keyboard and mouse peripherals. :)

Greenas
9th May 2008, 17:50
I got a PC . Never had a console never wanted one . Because I never decided on getting a console , my dad upgraded my PC to be BETTER than a next-gen console . Not trying to brag or anything but I'm just so proud of it .:D Besides I really think that a computer is really the best gaming platform to have . I'm also happy to see that from one of the old forums , most TR players are PC players:)