PDA

View Full Version : The Title !

TDK
14th Apr 2008, 15:16
Well last night i was eating some chips and drinking cola , thinking of me playing TR:U :D ......
UNDERWORLD ! come on this is kind of silly title 4 a TR game when i first heard of it i said wow its cool but now its seems its not good at all !
sorry for tht but if they called it TR:L 2 or i dont know another title would be much better !
Any one agree wit me ? :scratch: still thinking about it

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2008, 15:32
Are you shouting, or is your eyesight just really bad? :rasp:

But seriously, I think it's fine. It's certainly better than "The Adventures Of Lara Croft" or, even worse, "Starring Lara Croft." "Underworld" sounds dark (which is good, since many complained that Legend felt a bit too cheery), and it certainly goes hand in hand with the idea of raiding tombs.

Treeble
14th Apr 2008, 15:39
And "Legend 2" is just a tad too unimaginative. ;)

NightRain'06
14th Apr 2008, 16:03
I just thought they simply copied the Undeworld films title. Initially, it felt strange but I embraced it. Hence, my banner. :D

Seriously, though, why am I thinking that ? Because they've been copying elements from other games and movies like when we had Lara suddenly and out of the blue perform slow motion bullet dodge move in Legend just like from Max Payne games and The Matrix films; which was later updated and known as Adrenaline Dodge in Anniversary. Finally, they borrowed the mansion design from the first TR film into Legend and that's okay. Still, seemed to me like a trend in borrowing. Not that it's bad. I'm just saying that's how I perceive it.

But to call it TR Legend 2 sounds even more awkward although it's the conclusion storyline to the original. But I suppose because Lara will be following her mom into the unknown Avalon (right ? or wherever. :scratch:), the producers probably decided since it will be a dark place for the most part, if not, all parts, they intentionally stayed on the title which we have now.

LisaB1962
14th Apr 2008, 16:54
I like it. I like how it ties into the culture of the area we'll be raiding in. :thumbsup:

Jezyk
14th Apr 2008, 17:41
I've always though that Avalon is some kind of paradise, where people want to go, and not a dark place :scratch:

Treeble
14th Apr 2008, 17:45
For all we know, we could have Heaven and Hell mistaken one for another, but how will we ever find out? ;)

Spong
14th Apr 2008, 18:26
Personally, TR:L2 would've been fine as a title for me. The name "Underworld" has no meaning to me as I've not looked at any information about the game beyond glancing at a few screenshots.

Fickji
14th Apr 2008, 18:26
The concept of hades to the greeks was both of a hell and heaven concept. The elusian fields in Hades was considered heaven where the good dead people went. And if you were alive and went there and ate something then you had to stay. I think.

I tend to forget greek mythology.

With the title yeah its cool. :) The game is suppose to be set in the last days of the Mayan/Aztec? calander where the world goes to pot.

They might get into all the underworld myths.

Some tribes of native americans believed the human race came from under the world.

Mangar The Dark
14th Apr 2008, 18:40
And "Legend 2" is just a tad too unimaginative. ;)

Exactly. And calling it "Underworld" gives it its own identity far more than "Legend 2" would.
Besides, the designers said they want the game to be accessible even to people who never played Legend, so from a marketing standpoint, it makes sense to avoid calling it "Legend 2."

james987654321
14th Apr 2008, 19:53
Im not unhappy with 'underworld', as long as it wasnt 'adventures of lara croft!', Oh well, less time spent on the title means more time spent on the game

TDK
15th Apr 2008, 07:41
adventures of lara croft is a good title i guess but i do agree tht Starring Lara Croft was little bit silly :lol:
I like TR:L2 i dnt see anything wrong wit it

RinoTheBouncer
15th Apr 2008, 11:21
Underworld is an amazing title ... it's kinda mysterious .. Gothic .. fantasy .. horrifiying .. u can't say Legend 2 .. cuz Legend is not a game it's a sub-title for a TR game n TRU is a whole new part of the series either it continues Legend or not ... it's not a sub-part like Final Fantasy X-2 which was a continuation for Final Fantasy X (the only FF game which had two parts)

Treeble
15th Apr 2008, 11:52
I like TR:L2 i dnt see anything wrong wit itWell, suppose Angel of Darkness was called "The Last Revelation 2". Would that have worked?

Arctic
15th Apr 2008, 12:38
I think the title is fine. What I've heard about the game is, that it will be pretty dark, so 'Underworld' sounds fine to me.

But 'Legend 2' doesn't sound good, and I don't think it will fit to the story in Underworld.

Mangar The Dark
15th Apr 2008, 12:42
Well, suppose Angel of Darkness was called "The Last Revelation 2". Would that have worked?

Or if Tomb Raider III was called: "Tomb Raider 3: Starring Lara Croft 2"
:lol:

Treeble
15th Apr 2008, 13:58
If that trend was kept, we'd be up to Tomb Raider: Starring Lara Croft 7 now. :D lol

jayjay119
15th Apr 2008, 14:28
Well, suppose Angel of Darkness was called "The Last Revelation 2". Would that have worked?

Not really considering the story was about the 'Cubiculum Nephili' in AOD as the cubiculum nephili was the angel of darkess. 'TR: the last revelation 2' would imply we'd get a resolve to the TR:LR storyline, which was completed in chronicles. In TR:AOD the only link to TR:LR was atthe beginning when Lara is talking to Von Croy...the idea of the AOD trilogy was to explore the after effects of Egypt on Lara.

Anyway I digress, I think 'Underworld' is a good title, it's decisive and to the point. The game is set in the underworld for part of the game, so 'underworld' is a pretty apt title in my opinion. Plus it's the first interesting title since 'the angel of darkness.' TR legend was too generic and generalised, every TR game has been based around a legend of sorts.:scratch:

LisaB1962
15th Apr 2008, 14:57

No, because then The Last Revelation would really have been The Penultimate Revelation. And that would have sucked as a title. :D

Treeble
15th Apr 2008, 15:12
Which reminds me, how many "Final Fantasies" are there? ;)

Werner Von Croy
15th Apr 2008, 15:17
Which reminds me, how many "Final Fantasies" are there? ;)

Oh god you have 1-12 so 12 so far plus tactics on PSP and another on DS that makes 14 also there's Kingdom Hearts (If you include them) which makes my count to 16 so far :scratch:

TDK
15th Apr 2008, 18:03
didnt get it !

Fickji
16th Apr 2008, 18:55
Oh god you have 1-12 so 12 so far plus tactics on PSP and another on DS that makes 14 also there's Kingdom Hearts (If you include them) which makes my count to 16 so far :scratch:

You forget dirge of cerburus and the expansions to 11 and 10-2 which was a sequal plus the 13th which will be a trilogy. So its more like 18-19.

TDK didnt get it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeble

Angel of Darkness was a continuation of The Last Revelation and if the Angel of Darkness series hadn't been killed(yeay) we would have known how Lara survived in the Last Revelation(which was the revelation)