PDA

View Full Version : Shorter hair

Larahair
12th Apr 2008, 05:14
Has CD cut Lara's hair it look shorter to me in one of the photos I have seen if so I am not very happy that is part of the charm of Lara is that she had amazingly long brown hair and it seemed to go on forever. I want her long hair back like in last rev :mad2: At least in the picture Lara's hair was swinging back and forth which was a good thing. I don't like Lara with short hair the longer the better I also like the way you see all shades of brown in Lara's hair and the way it bends and sways.

PS For a change I love to see Lara with a perm. She would look like a poodle. After that she would have to go back to her lovely long locks. Man are they brown and long ...........long.........LONG......

james987654321
12th Apr 2008, 08:54
those official new pictures dont show her pony tail or if its plaited, or what her backpack looks like and belt from behind, i guess its a bit of a surprise

Mate
12th Apr 2008, 17:35
I Want Laras Long Hair

quick-cookie
12th Apr 2008, 19:52
heh *imagines a bald Lara*

:lol:

Matchstick_Man
12th Apr 2008, 20:43
I think things were about right in Legend -- short enough to not be a burden, but long enough to still match most standards of Western femininity. I'd like to see her keep her Legend length, unless she has to go lay the smack down on some bad guys in a serious way -- like, they blew up her mansion serious way -- and was forced to affect disguise to inflitrate the Nefarious Villain's base.

As someone who's had all lengths of hair short of super-long, I can say the best for tomb raiding is probably either really short or really long.

JordG
12th Apr 2008, 22:30
To be honest I don't really like the short hair it doesn't seem lara I like the long hair better, would of been better if they done Legends hair but styled it different perhaps... I've always wanted a whole level with Lara's hair down just to see what it would be like for a whole misson:).. bring the long hair back!

NightRain'06
12th Apr 2008, 22:48
When Legend was released, I did miss the long ponytail which had the length to about the small of her back or a little longer. But I thought, well, she's "older" so she needs to change her hair too otherwise she could choke if some enemy grabbed her hair and wrapped it around her neck. So maybe that's why they changed her hair. Or something like that. LOL
Then I thought if she still had it, she could attach a knife at the end and use her ponytail as an additional default weapon. Hehe.. Just kidding.

This reminds me, in Ninja Gaiden Sigma, when you complete one or two of Rachel's early missions, you can get her different hair styles. Well, there's a part in a mission when after to defeating monsters for about 4 minutes the reward was her Straight blond hair that was in the red item box.

In that respect, if they could have the long ponytail as an unlockable for Lara, that could work.
Just don't have it be a time trial. :mad2:

I'd much strictly prefer a 'complete the game on Normal first time' unlockable. ;)

Mate
13th Apr 2008, 00:47
"Big black boots, long brown hair.." THATS THE KEY

Larahair
13th Apr 2008, 08:24
That would be great to see Lara's hair down in play mode for just one level
like at the start so everyone could see it. It could flow behind her in the wind

TDK
13th Apr 2008, 08:56
sounds cool i like tht :D

like at the start so everyone could see it. It could flow behind her in the wind

LisaB1962
13th Apr 2008, 13:39
Well, adding that ponytail isn't quite as easy as reskinning the model. It's got it's own animations. It's really quite mesmerizing to watch in TLR.

Tara C
14th Apr 2008, 19:32

Ooooo I Loveeeeeeee That Idea & Different Hairstyle For Every Outfit =D

jayjay119
15th Apr 2008, 14:57
Maybe Cd could introduce a hairstyle selection aswell as the outfits for the fans who would like to see something different on Lara. I'm part of the braid faction myself but you know over a 10 year period you inevitably change your hairstyle. so the ponytail doesn't bother me that much. :)

Mangar The Dark
15th Apr 2008, 16:31
Wow... has there ever been another video game character that caused people to obsess so much over his/her hair and clothes? :nut: :lol:

NightRain'06
15th Apr 2008, 16:34

Speaking of hair blowing in the wind. I downloaded the old TR2 demo a while back out of nostalgia and I'm now remembering they had the environmental wind system rustling her braid around when she's outside. That was fantastic, actually. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Larahair
15th Apr 2008, 22:56
Speaking of hair blowing in the wind. I downloaded the old TR2 demo a while back out of nostalgia and I'm now remembering they had the environmental wind system rustling her braid around when she's outside. That was fantastic, actually. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:I loved that the wind was so strong sometimes you could see under the braid it was just fantastic to watch I could watch it all day........... blow blow blow

Larahair
15th Apr 2008, 22:58
Wow... has there ever been another video game character that caused people to obsess so much over his/her hair and clothes? :nut: :lol:Lara hair is so interesting and it's just so brown .... brown.......

Larahair
16th Apr 2008, 01:30
I also forgot to mention Lara's fring it is so funny in aod it has a mind of it's own and man is that the thickest fring I have ever seen.

mimi90
18th Apr 2008, 14:34
I have hair the same length as lara's and it's a pain:( ... but the difference is that she looks cool with long braided hair!:thumbsup:

ElevenTR
20th Apr 2008, 13:42
Maybe Cd could introduce a hairstyle selection aswell as the outfits for the fans who would like to see something different on Lara. I'm part of the braid faction myself but you know over a 10 year period you inevitably change your hairstyle. so the ponytail doesn't bother me that much. :)

Mm, like that idea!!

Maybe the hairstyles could be unlockable?? :cool:

And there could be a super-long-ponytail that trails on the ground, for all the people saying her hairs too short

:D

laras big mouth
20th Apr 2008, 17:46
maybe short hair would be a change afta 10yrs......mind u i dont look at lara like that shes not real just a lump of graphics!

XenoAlias
29th Apr 2008, 02:19
I think the short hair is cool. It seems to fit well with the rest of her Underworld look.

Icetea555
29th Apr 2008, 02:54
They should at lest keep her hair as long as it was in TRL game. Since we are stuck looking at Lara back I would love to see her hair long.

donnabright
3rd May 2008, 01:54
I was watching new screen shots on you tube and Lara does have a pony tail, so ya know in TRU, like her hair (pony tail)..is down to the end of her back pack by the looks of it.

BitShifter
3rd May 2008, 12:25

I had a "game vision" where Lara would have to jump through a wall of flame while having to protect either herself or a perishable relic (some heavy scroll or book) by wrapping either herself or the thing with a too small tarp without which the game become soooo hard (but with which you can access a secret level.)

The choice to protect the relic causes her hair to end up like Sinead OConnor's plus her health is way down and she is singed all over.

Just imagine the cinematic...

Just imagine the unlockable...

Larahair
5th May 2008, 06:49
If I had a child I would tell her my version of the fairy tail to introduce Lara.

Once upon a time there was a beautiful lady trapped in a tower. She had lovely brown long hair that was in a braid She also had big beautiful brown eyes that was the same color as her hair. She was in the tower as an evil witch had put her there. Then a man named Kurtis came along and saw her he said "Lara oh Lara let down your hair", so she let down her hair and he climbed the tower using Lara's hair as a rope and helped her escape and they rode off into the distance. Cause it was getting cold they used Lara's hair and wrapped it around themselves to keep warm. They ended up at Croft Manor where they married and lived happily ever after.

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th May 2008, 07:28
Lara hair is so interesting and it's just so brown ....

Well, actually in the early games it was reddish, more auburn than brown. Brown is a mixture of a primary and it's secondary colour, so mix red and green together and you get brown, yellow and purple, blue and orange. Lara's hair was the red and green variety, with red being the dominant colour. TR3/4 was my favourite style, but I also liked the original (only done through lack of braid physics-know-how) bun.