PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 Concept Art Analysis

AaronJ
12th Apr 2008, 02:37
Just finished it. Noticed the logo on the floor too.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/Apricorn_Balls.png

Here's the video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odn8nGXQc_U)

Vasarto
12th Apr 2008, 03:20
I liked it. Very Interesting.

LeatherJacket
12th Apr 2008, 03:23
The logo looks a bit like Icarus!

AaronJ
12th Apr 2008, 03:25
If Icarus was an UltraBall, then yes.

Vasarto
12th Apr 2008, 03:27
I don't think it looks like a pokeball....maybe im looking at it wrong!

AaronJ
12th Apr 2008, 03:55
You must be.

In the next concept art pic, we will see Professor Oak. Just wait.

Vasarto
12th Apr 2008, 04:38
You must be.

In the next concept art pic, we will see Professor Oak. Just wait.

Maybe I will look at it again..I will just edit my post here when I do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
ehh...I guess it does a tiny bit but I don't see it very much.
So I dunno...maybe?

Aminevo
15th Apr 2008, 23:52
Interesting, thanks for the work.

Maximus
16th Apr 2008, 04:10
Looks like you might have scored yourself a t-shirt in the bargain!

"I'm David Anfossi, Producer of Deus Ex 3 and I'm very impressed by the passion shown by the DX fans!!
GlobalNode I think your efforts deserve an exclusive DX3 t-shirt. Do you have a private email we could use to communicate?"

From your youtube page...

Maximus
16th Apr 2008, 04:52
I think the logo on the floor is a gear encased in flesh.

The sleeves on the rotating hangers could be mech arms and other limbs. The tank might be a suspension tank where injured soldiers are repaired.

This follows along from the trailer, which points towards mech-style protagonists and a humans vs mechs storyline (possibly similar to the X-Men movies - augmented or superpowerful humans trying to save a humanity that hates and fears them?)

Also, i think its extremely clear that one of the scientists is working on a skul-gun. Just putting it out there :)

Maxi

mr_cyberpunk
16th Apr 2008, 07:05
Looks like you might have scored yourself a t-shirt in the bargain!

A free t-shirt isn't a big deal. The fact that you impressed the producer is. Global node just ensure you keep this up and make sure you remember that they are watching so try not to do a Tonnochi ;).

Its actually good to see they are reaching out to people interested in their project - which is something Indie developers do that commercial developers don't. I hope it becomes a trend Eidos ;)

Aminevo
16th Apr 2008, 14:32
A free t-shirt isn't a big deal. The fact that you impressed the producer is. Global node just ensure you keep this up and make sure you remember that they are watching so try not to do a Tonnochi ;).

Its actually good to see they are reaching out to people interested in their project - which is something Indie developers do that commercial developers don't. I hope it becomes a trend Eidos ;)

Let us hope they listen to what the players like and expect from the series.

minus0ne
16th Apr 2008, 15:43
That's hilarous :D "Sleeves" heh.

Tracer Tong
16th Apr 2008, 16:31
Again, nice overanalysis. I didn't even think that the yellow things mean something but if you think that they are workstations, then it cannot be a prequel (remember the old-fashioned terminals in DX1? How can these precede that technology?)

Gary_Savage
16th Apr 2008, 18:41
A very nice overanalysis, indeed.

Just for the sake of argument, though, the technology to make those yellow flat screens (for the terminals) already exists, and are used as heads up displays in aircraft (especially in fighter aircraft). So, here's my devil's advocate proposition: the HUD (heads up display) style technology was used in the pre-DX1 time period, but was abandoned (some time before DX1) because being able to see through the screen distracted people from what is actually on the screen, and people sometimes confused what was on the screen, for what was behind it (after all, HUDs are used so fighter pilots can see the target, with the targeting information superimposed on it).

As for the skull-gun (and please tell me where you see it, Maximus), it could be that Gunther knew something like that had been developed in the past, when he wrote that memo, in DX1.

Gary_Savage
16th Apr 2008, 18:48
Again, nice overanalysis. I didn't even think that the yellow things mean something but if you think that they are workstations, then it cannot be a prequel (remember the old-fashioned terminals in DX1? How can these precede that technology?)

On the other hand, it could be that totally cybernetic agents were created (which the protagonist might have to fight), owing to the prejudices of people against those who were augmented, and the the fetus in the teaser was a contemporary piece of artwork, from the DX3 era, showing what some people fantasized that robots would dream of. Just a possibility; I am no longer sure if we're getting a sequel, or a prequel to DX1.

Maximus
17th Apr 2008, 00:46
As for the skull-gun (and please tell me where you see it, Maximus), it could be that Gunther knew something like that had been developed in the past, when he wrote that memo, in DX1.

I was only kidding about the skul-gun :)

serene_chaos
17th Apr 2008, 05:23
I took what looks like a trapdoor in the floor as hinges, as if this is some kind of mobile lab, which folds out like the buildings from C&C. which fits with the incomplete ceiling.

deus ex fan
20th Apr 2008, 15:44
to me it looks like a prosthetic arms company research lab...:scratch:

minus0ne
20th Apr 2008, 16:59
to me it looks like a prosthetic arms company research lab...:scratch:
I doubt the OP was serious ;)

pauldenton
21st Apr 2008, 00:56
Looks like a mech arm/leg factory, I think the game will be a prequel and part of the main plot will be about the discrimination of the mech augmented people as hinted at in the teaser, no doubt the mech augmented people will help save the day and we end with the basic overplayed, predictable unchallenging and simplistic message on rails that discrimination is bad - yawn!

if this is the case then personally i find the whole idea rather dreadfull and i hope it plays out better than it sounds, though somehow i doubt it.

i hope i am wrong, i REALLY hope i am wrong!

serene_chaos
21st Apr 2008, 02:39
i wouldnt worry, i was under the impression that only Disney own the rights to all cheesy moral plotlines.

minus0ne
21st Apr 2008, 12:59
i wouldnt worry, i was under the impression that only Disney own the rights to all cheesy moral plotlines.
Not to mention ridiculous presidential debates :nut:

Voltaire
22nd Apr 2008, 22:15
To me this looks like a mech-lab/repair-shop. It looks fun! At the moment I'm imagining the prosthetic limbs swinging around like the meat at the HK market...

Well analysed GN, you really picked this one apart.

AaronJ
22nd Apr 2008, 22:45
Well analysed GN, you really picked this one apart.

Its my job. I plan to do this with everything they release, so hopefully they won't try to make it too much harder :(

rhalibus
23rd Apr 2008, 07:32
Great work, GlobalNode. The t-shirt is well deserved. And Sivak Drac's piano music was awesome! :)

DXeXodus
23rd Apr 2008, 11:10
Well done. To be recognised by the producer is quite an achievement. At least we know they are paying some attention to us fans. I'm looking forward to seeing more analysis and stuff in the future.... :thumbsup:

Necros
23rd Apr 2008, 13:12
Well done. To be recognised by the producer is quite an achievement. At least we know they are paying some attention to us fans. I'm looking forward to seeing more analysis and stuff in the future.... :thumbsup:
I'm not quite sure it was really him but if that's the case, it's good news. :)

GlobalNode, nice job with the analysis, thanks for bringing some of the small details to my attention that I've missed. :D I look forward to your next video and of course more content from the game. :)

Tracer Tong
23rd Apr 2008, 22:16

Who's the producer? What am I missing here?

rhalibus
24th Apr 2008, 22:18
Who's the producer? What am I missing here?

GlobalNode got a youtube post response from someone identifying himself as David Anfossi, Producer of Deus Ex 3. It seems legit.

GlobalNode, If you're feeling really generous, A picture of the shirt would be appreciated by the fans...:)

A few years ago at E3 I received a "DX2: Invisible War" T-shirt from Harvey Smith and the Ion Storm crew after speaking to Kent Hudson about the DX mods I was working on! It's actually prety cool, with its small skull logo over a black background. I still wear it with pride, knowing that the crew did indeed put their heart and soul into DX2, regardless of the outcome...

Dave W
25th Apr 2008, 09:34
Just for the sake of argument, though, the technology to make those yellow flat screens (for the terminals) already exists, and are used as heads up displays in aircraft (especially in fighter aircraft). So, here's my devil's advocate proposition: the HUD (heads up display) style technology was used in the pre-DX1 time period, but was abandoned (some time before DX1) because being able to see through the screen distracted people from what is actually on the screen, and people sometimes confused what was on the screen, for what was behind it (after all, HUDs are used so fighter pilots can see the target, with the targeting information superimposed on it).

Except all the computer monitors in Deus Ex are not solid, and there's plenty of monitors like those around the game. Check UNATCO, there's quite a few in Alex's office.

I wonder if my work for New Vision can be exploited for a t-shirt here!